PS3 backwards compatibility (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I want a ps3, mainly because of God of War 3, but theres other good games too. If i do get one sometime, i'll be trading in ps2 and 10 games (lets hope that deal comes out again).
This leaves me with 2 ps2 games, and it just so happens, that they are God of War and God of War 2.
Now, i do NOT wanna surrender these 2 games, since theyre my all time favourite, and i do recall that the first released ps3's were backward compatible. I think one model actually had the ps2 hardware in it, and the other had a ps2 emulator in it.

Is it possible to emulate the ps2 on current ps3's? Can a ps2 emulator be purchased (or downloaded, i dare say?) from somewhere for the ps3, to enable it to run ps2 games?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
IIRC; there is no way to currently play the PS2 games on the PS3 hardware. It's got something to do with the emote software or something, but yeah. Just get a slim PS2, they're going for pretty cheap atm ($130?).

But no way to play PS2 on the current PS3 hardwares yet...

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Omie Jay said:
I want a ps3, mainly because of God of War 3, but theres other good games too. If i do get one sometime, i'll be trading in ps2 and 10 games (lets hope that deal comes out again).
This leaves me with 2 ps2 games, and it just so happens, that they are God of War and God of War 2.
Now, i do NOT wanna surrender these 2 games, since theyre my all time favourite, and i do recall that the first released ps3's were backward compatible. I think one model actually had the ps2 hardware in it, and the other had a ps2 emulator in it.

Is it possible to emulate the ps2 on current ps3's? Can a ps2 emulator be purchased (or downloaded, i dare say?) from somewhere for the ps3, to enable it to run ps2 games?
Only way to get it backwards compatible is to the buy the first released ps3's which are the 60Gb model, although they do cost a little more then the actually 80gb ones out now.

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
Lol L2 buy 60gig one when they came out, i did.

Add me to your PSN: Jabstah

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Stanman said:
Lol L2 buy 60gig one when they came out, i did.

Add me to your PSN: Jabstah
u can still buy the 60gb model from ebay and other online stores, or you can get a preowned one from ebgames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)