PS3 Question (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
hi

just a quick questions regarding ps3 games. will games from overseas (usa) work on a system bought in aus? i mean with dvds there generally are issues with region, just wondering if it was the same issue with the games for the ps3.

bought my nice bravia today and going to get the ps3 via redemption :D

cheers

ps - just going through a couple of sites/wikipedia trying to get my knowledge on about the system. are there any other sites which are good tutorials/walkthroughs for setting up the system wirelessly, connecting with psp, etc. also looking to find a definitve list of titles that are natively 1080. thanks!

edt: http://www.myps3.com.au/post.aspx?id=48 re: region locked games!! i wonder how much cheaper the games are over there...might get my aunt to bring some with her next week!

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
very nice. i did the sony bravia deal in january and haven't regretted it.

PS3 games are region free, but bluray dvd's and dvd's itself are region locked. (not too sure about normal dvd.. but deff. bluray-dvd is locked)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
can't wait myself! i want to set it up so its like my central hub for entertainment...i've got a 1TB HDD that i want to connect to it via usb and stream stuff off that.

which is why i am looking for any handy ps3 sites for tips/guides?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha nice. just bewar, that there was a file format that the ps3 cant read. not sure if it's ntfs or fat32 file system ,, but one of them the ps3 won't be able to detect.

well for me that is.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeap. i think it needs to be FAT32 (or the other one). but thats ok. reformatting it is not an issue. can someone else confirm?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I was going to buy a ps3 to go with my 46" Samsung LCD (bloody beauty) , but my mate that works at "Game" told me to wait until the 80gb version comes out! i dont mind waiting since uni holidays are over and i wont be much on it.

PS: i know i can buy the 40 gb and get an extra extern 20 gb hard-drive for $20, i would just prefer to wait.

CAnt F"UKEN WAIT!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Want to get GTA IV, simpsons and CALL OF DUTY 4 (ONLINE!!)!

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
why go external hdd when u can install internal hdd?

badquinton304

HSC
redruM said:
yeap. i think it needs to be FAT32 (or the other one). but thats ok. reformatting it is not an issue. can someone else confirm?
Yes that is correct. It will only read FAT32.

poWerdrY

HSC
i heard that even though the ps3 is region-less for games, that the regions apply for online game playing. can anyone validate this? if it's true, does it just mean that i will play with say, the US players, or that i cannot go online at all?

badquinton304

HSC
poWerdrY said:
i heard that even though the ps3 is region-less for games, that the regions apply for online game playing. can anyone validate this? if it's true, does it just mean that i will play with say, the US players, or that i cannot go online at all?
No. The online lobby for all games is international. You can go online in any country with a PS3 from any country.
Things that are region locked include:
Blu-ray movies (3 regions)
DVD movies (follow the same region rules as most dvd players)

poWerdrY

HSC
badquinton304 said:
No. The online lobby for all games is international. You can go online in any country with a PS3 from any country.
Things that are region locked include:
Blu-ray movies (3 regions)
DVD movies (follow the same region rules as most dvd players)
thats good. i was weighing the pros and cons between x360 and ps3. a big plus for the ps3 was the region free games and i was just about to buy, until i read somebody say that he imported the mgs4 but had restricted online access or something

but ps2 games still have region restrictions right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)