Published UAI cut-offs: CSP or fee-paying? (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Are the UAI cut-offs published on the ANU site for CSP or full fee-paying students?

blacksunset

HSC
pretty sure it will be csp, as there are like.. a million more csp students than fee paying,..

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
bassistx said:
What?

I can't access that UAC site, it's blocked ggrrr.
that's right ANU doesn't do full fee. It'll be funny if they did though "Oh noes I got 69 UAI so I have to do full fee at ANU now lol"

bassistx

HSC
Epic_Postings said:
that's right ANU doesn't do full fee. It'll be funny if they did though "Oh noes I got 69 UAI so I have to do full fee at ANU now lol"
lol well the UAIs are pretty low...
Thanks everyone

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The UAIs are intentionally low.

They decided to base it off an imposed value rather than supply and demand. Hence the drop from 85 to 75 for arts and science.

UAI isn't an indicator of quality. It's a measure of how hard it is to get into a course (whether artificial or natural, as in "we only want 5 people for this course" vs "the lecture theatres only hold 100 people").

Of course, one could argue that allowing people with lower UAIs in dumbs down the course.

Evilo

HSC
Slidey said:
Of course, one could argue that allowing people with lower UAIs in dumbs down the course.
Not always, ive seen many private schools* fail at uni because they are no longer breast fed the work.

*says me, coming from one myself. But no i didnt fail lol

bassistx

HSC
ANU has a cool disadvantage leniance policy.
Is it hard to get into Law with such an application? Better yet, is it hard to transfer into ANU (Law Faculty) after a year elsewhere? With good results, of course.

I've changed my mind. Going back to the Environmental Law thing.

Krieg

HSC
Depends what disadvantage leniance policy you're talking about. If it has to do with your UAI I doubt they consider it after a year.

At the end of the day whilst UAI requirements at ANU are lower, I doubt if you tried your hardest and just scraped a 75 that you would be able to pass a lot of the courses there. You certainly aren't going to get 'good' marks. Being a student there myself I'd probably prefer if it was a bit harder to get into than 75 though, especially when they're doing the unitest thing where they could just say anyone 85 and below has to do an aptitude test + other possible stuff.

bassistx

HSC
Oh, I meant to apply for ANU after the HSC basically and if I don't get in (even with a disadvantage thingy) then I'll study a year elsewhere (UNE perhaps) then transfer.

Is it hard both ways? Which is the easier way (to get in)?

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
i reckon the failure rates would simply increase because ANU sure as hell ain't gonna make their courses easier due to more meatheads being in the class.

besides, anyone getting a 73 would really need to revolutionise their academic habits in order to do well. first semester - probably passes all around, second semester - see one or two N's (fails)/PX's and second year is when shit hits the fan.

Evilo

HSC
Jasont is right - people with 75 UAI's dont get a free ride - 75 or 95, you still have to reach a university standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)