Putting your trial marks Into a Atar calc. (1 Viewer)

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I get a value of about 80. Why do I get such a low score. I mean, I understand it has to go through all that Uac stuff but still that's low (I think)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
Don't bother doing that - your raw mark goes through a series of scaling and aligning.
So your trial marks will technically give you an ATAR so much lesser than the your ATAR.
For example when I did my HSC, with my trial marks, my ATAR would have been, 84.5, but at the end of it all I received an ATAR of 99.75.... --> which is clear proof that trial marks cannot be compared to HSC marks! so do not stress over it.

enoilgam

HSC
I get a value of about 80. Why do I get such a low score. I mean, I understand it has to go through all that Uac stuff but still that's low (I think)
Raw internal marks are moderated heavily by BOS. Also, external marks go through a process of aligning to get a final exam mark.

TorMental

HSC
I think its obvious that the trial mark isn't your internal assessment mark. This is because the internal assessment mark has to be moderated in accordance to the HSC external mark. Therefore, the school doesn;'t give you it for your final reports.

Myself, I only got 87 in the atar calculator, but I know full well, it can be higher. Know that it can be changed, it is up to improve.

(If your actually asking 'why trial mark is low give me low atar', then well, you answered the question in itself).

HSC
i thought my unscaled atar calculator estimate was so much higher than my real atar is going to be

HSC
Uni Grad
heh if I put my raw percentages in, GG man 85 ATAR for sure, won't get into commerce :L

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
i get 83ish lol..

SCREW YOU BAULKO KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you, WHY DO YOU GUYS HAVE SUCH HIGH ESTIMATES!!!!!!!! aiming for .95??~~~~~~

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
The ATAR calculator is only useful when you get your final marks back from BoS. When I put my guesstimates in prior to the HSC, I was coming up with an ATAR sub 85. After getting back my scaled marks from BoS, I inputted those numbers into the calculator and came up with something like 95.3. The next day, I found out my ATAR was 95.35.

Moral of the story, ignore the ATAR calculator until the day you get your results back.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
The ATAR calculator is only useful when you get your final marks back from BoS. When I put my guesstimates in prior to the HSC, I was coming up with an ATAR sub 85. After getting back my scaled marks from BoS, I inputted those numbers into the calculator and came up with something like 95.3. The next day, I found out my ATAR was 95.35.

Moral of the story, ignore the ATAR calculator until the day you get your results back.
true this....

determine

Premium Member
HSC
LOL that's so interesting... I just entered my raw trial marks into an ATAR calculator, and I got 99.75 which is more than I got in the end LOLOL! WOW...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)