Q Crime (c) young male and young female (1 Viewer)

Chelsea1706

HSC
following up the crime question

Yes, i think they only released that statement to cover their arses. And its bullshit that only 15 people complained.. i personally KNOW more than 15 people who complained. But still, i think their rememdy is inadequate, and they are still unwilling to admit their fault.

You'll all be happy to know that after sending emails to BoS, Sydney Morning Herald, and Alan Jones at 2GB, Alan read my email on air (woohoo) and then called me and i argued the point on the radio.

He said that he will be speaking to both the minister for education and the board of studies, pushing for a more sufficient remedy.

But the best advice i can give is not to sweat about it anymore.. yes, keep those letters of complaint rolling, but don't let it stress you out and affect your other exams. The BoS and the media are aware of the problem and at least we know that stuff is being done about it.

Goodluck for the rest of your exams guys. :)

the_pun

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
i was talking to my friend who did her hsc last year and did legal studies. i regurgitated crime (c) and (d) to her and she was like.....wow man that is so god damn easy. if i got that, i'd be so happy, there's so much to write about. and she told me what more i could have written about apart from what i already had written. dayam! i guess our year didn't focus much on that area of equality between females, males, and youngsters and adults.
yeah i agree - we never really covered that stuff and its def not in the syllabus, but the best thing they can do is mark leniently...those who left it blank should not be rewarded full marks - its unfair on those who might have sacrificed other sections for this...but overall it wasnt bad, its much better than something like transnational crime - it was so ambiguous, u could bring anything into it like the Children (Protection and Parental Responsibility) Act, the Young Offenders Act and then just heaps of basic crime legislation with reference to all the problems of institutionalised inequality. people should be able to adapt their content to any type of question really..im not defending the board either, it is pretty annoying to study the whole syllabus and then get something not even in it with barely anything else, but we cant change that, and if we do its unfair on others. the best thing is mark leniently, as has been done in the past. it apparently happened in the year they did extradition as well...anyway good luck with ur other exam fellas ;)

Last edited:

_BaadShah_

HSC
well i just sent BOS an email of complaint ..=)

by the way.. what happend about Eng paper 2 leakage ?? i didn't hear anything about what's going to happen besides just on the news ... i heard people complained about it...??? someone care to fill me in...

cheers, ash

misskay

HSC
Mellonie said:
SOME PEOPLE DID ACTUALLY ANSWER IT CORRECTLY MATE!
Oh shut up.
I've been on these forums less than a day & you've already pissed me off.
Whatever happened to people sticking together? It was unfair & you were lucky.
STFU.

Mellonie

HSC
misskay said:
Oh shut up.
I've been on these forums less than a day & you've already pissed me off.
Whatever happened to people sticking together? It was unfair & you were lucky.
STFU.

Shut up & get the f**k of here, read properly. This forum was not created to put compalints through u dumb ass. And what do u mean i was lucky, i didnt know anythnig about the juvenile males anf females. But i had to deal with just like everyone in the state did. I applied what i knew.

And no one said it was fair u idiot, so dont be saying some ppl got it lucky, everyone is in the same boat, so get over it. Not my fault u cant apply ur knowledge to a certain situation.
so next time i'l shut ur mouth for u.

Last edited:

natalie*

HSC
i think the question was unfair especially considering some people would hve done other topics besides crime to give them more to write about for the question. its unfair they can give yus something to write about thats not even on the syllabus.. you go into the exam prepared and then theres something we havent even been told we have to learn. its pretty unfair and stupid

Kirika

HSC
no, we should not have to adapt. yeah, it would have been in any other question acceptable for us to be expected to adapt the question. but in this case it wasnt, because general knowledge or wateva u wanna call it should not have been the difference to whether people passed or failed the question. the point is that the topic of the question was not on the syllabus and hence the Board cant examine us on it. And Mellonie, stop putting people down for not knowing the answer, and stop sticking up for the question... anyone would think u wrote it.

Last edited:

Mellonie

HSC
Kirika said:
no, we should not have to adapt. yeah, it would have been in any other question acceptable for us to be expected to adapt the question. but in this case it wasnt, because general knowledge or wateva u wanna call it should not have been the difference to whether people passed or failed the question. the point is that the topic of the question was not on the syllabus and hence the Board cant examine us on it. And Mellonie, stop putting people down for not knowing the answer, and stop sticking up for the question... anyone would think u wrote it.

I am not supporting the question. OK, I am saying actually for ppl, wo didnt write anything, they should have atleast tried. And atleast applied criminal justice system some how. I thought the quesiton was ambigious, didnt realy know what was being asked, but like god we r all in the same boat uno. None of us got taught that, so we will got scaled. And the adapting thingy.... i'm just saying in the exam u would've just had to try to do ur best to answer it.

And if u want to petition, that fine , u have every right to.. but this forum, i was trying to just see how u would actually go about answering the question, n what ways ppl did, n if it is correct from teachers ro so forth...

So no need to be rude ANTI, get over it...

daniandrow

HSC
just looking throught the forums relating to crime questions its unfair i know it sucks ass but we shouldnt be directing our anger towards each other we all got fucked on and some were luckier than others if anything we should be directing our anger towards the board of studies so instead of criticising each other about what we think was the correct answer etc go and put your name on the petition and send an email of complaint or whatever and do your best in the rest of the exams good luck to everyone

cubsy8831

Bos

I just wrote to the board of studies complaining, as many others have. out of decency, lets hope they have thought of a good reply this time :)

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
Re: Bos

im guessing this was in the 2005 exam?
i have this same question in an assigment, lucky its a question where i can choose to do it, or pick another one, so lucky i didnt choose it, because it just seems stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)