Q: Do we have to stop at roundabouts? (3 Viewers)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
No, you do not hav to stop, just slow down

it says give way, not stop

otherwise i'm pretty sure i would have failed my p's test

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You have to give way to other on the roundabout and sometimes that will mean stoping if the roundabout is clear for you to enter then you may go. Check the handbook for the rules and procedures regarding roundabouts......

click here for the Road User Handbook which will include the road rules and the correct procedures regarding roundabouts etc.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
nah you just have to slow down man...but if some ones comming from your left you let them go :D

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You are ment to indicate left whenever you exit the roundabout, no matter how large or small.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Dumsum said:
Er. I do it. It's not hard, and it pisses me off when other drivers don't.
But its hard sometimes if your changing gears, indicating and trying to steer all at the same time.

pottsy44

HSC
before a roundabout there should be a giveway sign meaning giveway to people coming in 'your' direction, ie your right.

pottsy44

HSC
mr_brightside said:
But its hard sometimes if your changing gears, indicating and trying to steer all at the same time.
u must be a shit driver then.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
well in my 4.5 hours of driving experience and zero roundabout experience, the answer would depend on whats already in the roundabout and where. you would obviously stop if you ran the risk of hitting another car

Edit: co-ordination aint that easy when you are moving along at significant speed, having to watch here there and everywhere, stay on one side of a wide road, fidget with gears and controls, and oh, more looking here there and everywhere.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
7th Sign said:
nah you just have to slow down man...but if some ones comming from your left you let them go :D
How did you get your licence? Do you have any idea? really?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
7th Sign said:
to your right

:/

i dont indicate if going straight...we have too many small roundabouts, and anyone who says otherwise come and fucking drive around here and indicate left and right when going straight through the 500 roundabouts in my suburb/local area

but yes, i indicate when turning :)

and give way, not stop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)