Quality over Quantity (1 Viewer)

Terumoto

HSC
I think I used about 4 pages for section I...

Maybe those 12+ page people started each question on a new page? Still, thats a fair bit.

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
i wrote a bit long... but i don't think my info was crap. i prepared the essays and just fitted them to the question.
but i have the worlds' messiest writing slanted. so it takes up more room
so i wrote like 10 pages... for section 2 n 3... but it is at least 1400+ for section 2 coz my prepared was 1300 something, 3 was 1700+ prepared was 1670+ so had to add in stuff.

but then i had 5 related text in section 3, so they ain't as in depth.
dunno, they all worked in the trials to decent marks so....

but i heard ppl using 2 booklets for section 1 (dear friend of mine) her writing is tiny... i wonder how much she writes, she is a great writer, and is answers everything succinctly, unlike me, section 1 i can write bullshit for 3 lines before i actually answer the question. she doesn't... bu then again, she left 2 to 3 lines after each q incase she needed to add more.

so yeah. i can write 50 pages for my stori too u know, an verage of 3 words per line, and i shall leave a line after eat line, i mite freak ppl out by saying, yeah 50 pages... so.. yeah...

BUT THEN AGAIN... the High range samples published are all lengthy... and they are good... so... length sometimes do contribute....... but then again, a few years ago a story was 2 pages, and got 14/15... *shrugs shoulders* every yr is diff!

Ussia

HSC
i get about 14-16 words a line so i only did like 4 pages sect 1 5 sect2 sect 6.5 ... i didnt waffle i hope.

HSC
I think this topic is extremely important for people to read who are concerned reading how some people wrote so much in their exam.
I know I only wrote just short of 5 pages for section two, but I was extremely happy with my response. It was shorter than i'd have liked - yeah - but I felt it explored a lot of concepts that related to the journey.

In contrast, my essay for section III was like 11 pages (of bigger writing) - and I wasn't happy with it at all, because I know I didn't make sense in a couple of parts.

What i'm saying - is really - if you're a person who's read all these people's responses and it's made you worry that you didn't write enough in the paper... well, don't!

It's all about how you answered the question and whether you filled the criteria. If that only took you 4 pages to do, then so be it! It does not instantly mean you went badly.

I topped Advanced in Year 11 at my school, without once writing an essay over 5 pages. Several of the teachers at my school have marked the HSC before, so it's not as though they were clueless markers. It's honestly got nothing to do with how much you write - so really... breathe easy!:wave:

HSC
From year 7 I've been taught and have practiced quality over quantity in anything. It's almsot a life lesson more than something that adheres only to English.

I must admit I'm sick of people who brag about writing 48 pages for the whole exam or something ridiculous. Chances are they have doubled up and contradicted themselves a number of times, hence jeapordising a good mark..

Me? I wrote 7 pages of my famous spaced out handwriting for sections 2 and 3 and six for section 1. I've made sure i've whittled all my summaries down to necessary points and I know I covered everthing so I see no point in using 15 pages to do one essay.

JayJay07

HSC
My writing is rather small too and I only used the 3 booklets given to us (though filled 2 of 3 I think). It does erk me when you get out and everyone is like 'how many pages did you write' like it is important or something. It doesn't matter in the slightest as long as you wrote a reasonable essay/story etc and managed to get across your point and argument. The fact some people wrote thousands of booklets, mainly due to their writing size, is irrelevant when it comes to the actual marks. It isn't like a marker sits down and say "ohh goodie .... 2 booklets .... this should be good!"

Desiree

HSC
I: 5 pgs
II: 3.5 pgs
III: 4 pgs

I used lots of paragraphs. and my writing was little, between font size 12 and 14.

I hate english, and can't just sit down and write an essay, I need lots of time to think about the question before answering it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)