• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Question about driving a manual car (2 Viewers)

HSC
Originally posted by yenta
I only need a little car. Do you know how good they are on fuel efficiency?
have a look at toyota echoes..very reliable and fuel efficient

6.2L/100km city, 4.6L/100km highway

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah but they look like poo. I prefer the Starlet even if it has a crap name.

HSC
well it's that's best lookin poo I'VE seen! :)
just do some touch ups on it...even some good mags will make it look like a hot little car

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yeah but they look like poo. I prefer the Starlet even if it has a crap name.
Exactly. I hate the look of echoes...in fact I don't like the look of most new cars because I hate the chunky look...same goes for the current corolla. Plus I'm looking to spend under $6000 on my next car.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah well we aren't all rich you know. I've thought about a motorcycle, but realised I want the comfort of a car. When it's pissing down raining or really hot I'd rather be inside a car so I don't have to worry about it! :)

HSC
well..i'm anything BUT rich..you're lucky you're even GETTING a car..
if i were you, i'll stick to my manual for the time being..then when you reach 10k...you could get a reasonable car that's safe and reliable (cummon..you really can't get safety/reliability/peace of mind car that's $6000)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah that would be a good idea...but I'd be waiting forever if I tried to reach 10k, it'd take at least 2 years of saving. And the car I have atm isn't very reliable (I've already had to replace the whole engine) so I need to get rid of it and get something more reliable, which I'm sure I could do with $6000. Sure you can't get the best car with that much but I'm sure I can get something more reliable than what I currently have. THEN I can save for awhile for a better car.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
just do some touch ups on it...even some good mags will make it look like a hot little car
body kits on an echo....thats a BIG no

HSC
i saw a done up black echo and to tell you the truth it looked quite snazzy..especially with the 17inch mags

of course...echos arn't the best car to do up...but hey..we're on a budget

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
(cummon..you really can't get safety/reliability/peace of mind car that's $6000)
i don't trust them either

HSC
yeah...and the costs of running it (repairs, leaks, rust, worn tyres, brakes) will make more sensible to buy a reliable car ie >10k...at least!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Geez you make it sound like all cars under 6000 are shitboxes ready to fall apart :( that's what I have atm anyway (shitbox about to fall apart) so what's the difference if I buy another one that's cheaper...However it was previously said that the 89/90 model toyotas are pretty reliable! I'm sure there are reliable cars out there for $6000 (especially if they haven't done that many k's)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The max with a car that has a few KM under the belt is to fix the timing belt and some other sundry crap. It won't cost much.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
My car is under 6000 (definately) and it's incredibly reliable. All that needs to be replaced has been done, it's been garaged all its life. It even starts on a cold day. Mostly. I expect it to last a good 3-5 years, and it's already 15 years old.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
haha hey an echo is pretty cool. i bought a 2003 one last yr brand new.

yes i kno its not the best car in the world, but i was on a budget and had to get a car that was reliable and fuel efficient. and i just needed something to get me around and easy to park esp wen im travelling to clients, i aint gona drag or race it so no point in getting a really nice car atm, but in a few yrs after i get more money il will definately get my BMW

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
boooooooooorrrrr-innnggg
i drive an auto coz i don't have a manual, but as soon as this HSC shit is all over, i'm all up for manual! :D
True... I feel ya... I drive an auto...
But wheneva I get the chance I drive my friends manual...
It's hectic!
Originally posted by yenta
Geez you make it sound like all cars under 6000 are shitboxes ready to fall apart :( that's what I have atm anyway (shitbox about to fall apart) so what's the difference if I buy another one that's cheaper...However it was previously said that the 89/90 model toyotas are pretty reliable! I'm sure there are reliable cars out there for $6000 (especially if they haven't done that many k's)
A friend of mine is gettin a civic for like 3K...
Drives pretty well...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)