Question about EAS (1 Viewer)

riverplatypus

HSC
I was only made aware about the EAS scheme recently and the year adviser mentioned
that people with certain disadvantages could apply. Earlier in the year I suffered a broken
arm/wrist, with swelling in my fingers (writing hand). Consequently I had to sit out an exam
period and was unable to write for a couple of months (2 and a bit). The definition of
disability is very loose so any opinions about pursuing this would be appreciated.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely pursue it. Honestly, from what I have seen, as long as you satisfy the requirements they have in their sheets and you apply properly, they won't care about the conditions as to why or how. Usually even your explanation as to what happened and why you were disadvantages is quite brief too.

So read up on the requirements and apply. It gives a basis for possibly qualifying you for an extra mark or two here and there at some universities.

Good Luck :)

riverplatypus

HSC
Definitely pursue it. Honestly, from what I have seen, as long as you satisfy the requirements they have in their sheets and you apply properly, they won't care about the conditions as to why or how. Usually even your explanation as to what happened and why you were disadvantages is quite brief too.

So read up on the requirements and apply. It gives a basis for possibly qualifying you for an extra mark or two here and there at some universities.

Good Luck :)
Thanks for the help, the adviser only casually mentioned examples and broken arm was one of them.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
EAS is for long-term disadvantage so I don't think you should pursue it unless you can prove that it has affected your educational performance for at least 6 months.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I heard a story where a guy was hit in the head by a rock, he lost memory and when he applied for the EAS they gave him 10 extra ATAR marks.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd doubt you'd be eligible as its meant to be for those suffering long term educational disadvantage.

But sure why not pursue it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)