Question about Youth Allowance (1 Viewer)

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I don't know if this topic is in the correct board so if it's not delete it

Alright, I'm 18, living with my parents, unemployed but seeking work and not studying.

So my question is am I eligible for youth allowance?

thanks for your help!

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
depends on your parents income
i was working at AMES so this is how the process go: your 18 and unemployed, centre link will review your eligibility and may sent you to AMES employment to look for a job straight away or after a period of time.

after 3 months of independent job seeking with no success, they will make regular appointment for you at AMES to see a consultant and provide you with basic training for what ever the job may require (food preparations ect) . if you fail to attend appointments at ames, your centre link allowance may be suspensed.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
natstar said:
It depends on ur parents income level if you are dependent. If you work for 18 months after leaving year 12, and earn a certain amount of money (not sure what it is now- probably between 17-18k) then you can be considered independent, and be eligible for youth allowance.
Thoughts (not about me or anyone I know, just general thinking): If you earn enough in a year to be considered independent, but live at home, have wealthy parents and a steady job where you make $200 per week - more than you need - do you claim the YA?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You won't be eligible for Youth Allowance as it is only available to full-time students.

You may however be eligible for the dole.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
addymac said:
You won't be eligible for Youth Allowance as it is only available to full-time students.

You may however be eligible for the dole.
only avalible for full-time students, are you sure?
and isn't the dole the same as youth allowance?

Also what income level does my parents have to fall into?

thanks for the help

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Yes I am sure about YA only being available to full-time students, on the plus the dole pays better than YA.

As far as specific income levels you would have to refer to www.centrelink.gov.au

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The dole and youth allowance are the same thing until you turn 21. If you are under 21 and unemployed you get youth allowance, if you are over 21 and unemployed you get Newstart.

But just ring up centrelink or read the website, as people said it depends on your parents income unless you have earnt enough to become independent.

daydreamkitty

Love me hate me, meh.....
HSC
click here said:
I don't know if this topic is in the correct board so if it's not delete it

Alright, I'm 18, living with my parents, unemployed but seeking work and not studying.

So my question is am I eligible for youth allowance?

thanks for your help!
See I love centerlink: why? well it's possibly the hardest governmental centre to get any money off.

I have applyied for youth allowance before... My dad is the bread winner ( obviously) working FT. My mum PT Both of them earn over 40,000 a yr which is why I cant apply.

Another thing.... the only way I can benefit for the payments NEXT YR is if i move out or my mum goes on the dole.

....centerlink ...... cheap skates....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)