Quick Questions (1 Viewer)

xMaFF

HSC
I'm down to my last 2 units and my final subject selection form is due next week.
I don't mind doing
- Biology,
- S.O.R. II or
- Legal Studies

Can anyone order them in ATAR scaling from highest to lowest please?
Also, a comment or two on them.

What kind of things to students in English Extension I do?
I skimmed over the 2008 E.EX1 HSC exam paper.
I was like... woahh do they have to read ALL THOSE BOOKS!??!
Just a brief description for what you do in E.EX1 would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
All advice is very much appreciated.

Gussy Booo

Mathematics <3
HSC
I think it works like this:

1) S.O.R - II
2) Legal Studies
3) Biology

SOR II- Scales very high, if you get a band 6, it scales as well as Extension Maths 1. (Yes, it's true!). The subject speaks for itself. Studies Of Religion. You basically learn about all sorts of religions, from Islam to Christianity, to events that happened in early Australia concerning protestant and catholic churches. I find this subject very very boring, and I will drop it next term, regardless of the fact that it scales high, I rather do well in my maths, chem and phys.

Legal Studies - Not to sure on this subject, but it's a great advancement to commerce.

Biology - Apparently there's lot of memorizing in this subject. Prelim year is very boring, HSC gets more interesting.

Yes, extension English requires you to go out, get yourself the books needed, and to read them, understand them, interpret them and prove your interpretation. But I only do advanced.

xMaFF

HSC
I think it works like this:

1) S.O.R - II
2) Legal Studies
3) Biology

SOR II- Scales very high, if you get a band 6, it scales as well as Extension Maths 1. (Yes, it's true!). The subject speaks for itself. Studies Of Religion. You basically learn about all sorts of religions, from Islam to Christianity, to events that happened in early Australia concerning protestant and catholic churches. I find this subject very very boring, and I will drop it next term, regardless of the fact that it scales high, I rather do well in my maths, chem and phys.

Legal Studies - Not to sure on this subject, but it's a great advancement to commerce.

Biology - Apparently there's lot of memorizing in this subject. Prelim year is very boring, HSC gets more interesting.

Yes, extension English requires you to go out, get yourself the books needed, and to read them, understand them, interpret them and prove your interpretation. But I only do advanced.

Waw. That's the first I've heard of that~!
I think I'll take S.O.R. II and Legal Studies.

The only thing I'm worried about is Legal Studies.
I've been getting lots of feedback like.
"You must have a super-absorbent brain"
Lots of memorising. But then again, that's for all subjects.

Thanks for your advice, Gussy Booo.
I'm really happy you helped. ^__^

MissGiggles

HSC
every subject has pros and cons, like biology. pro: the work is easy. you would already know half of it and the rest is common sense. con: it gets a little boring some days. pro: easy work means easy marks

i was doing SOR II as well but i needed to rearrange my timetable after dropping ext. maths and switched to both units. i was close to the top of my SOR II class and i am running rings around my SOR I "class" (we barely deserve that title) even though i am an atheist.
i did however use to be catholic and i have the advantage of an excellent religion teacher last year, but i don't think you will be held back if you have no knowledge of any religion whatsoever (which is unlikely. everyone knows the Bible)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)