Quitting... (1 Viewer)

mija

HSC
How do I quit my job?
Do i talk to the store manager or HR?

i work at woolworths and
i'm starting to hate the abuse from customers..
:(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Your immediate manager (ie if you're on registers whoever is in charge of those). If you're casual you don't really have to quit as such, just make yourself unavailable for shifts.

HSC
A friend of a friend of mine worked at an ice cream place, and wanted to quit about a month before the hsc started. this guy, the manager, was a bit of a fruit loop. He wouldn't let her quit. She hadned in a letter, and talked to him and the other people who worked with her, and she thought she was sweet... until he called her one morning to tell her she was late for her shift.

She ended up formally quitting about 3 times I think.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
if you tell your boss you're leaving and hand in your resignation, theres nothing they can do to stop you. If that was me that had been called Id have said thats great but I don't work for you anymore buddy.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Ms 12 said:
if you tell your boss you're leaving and hand in your resignation, theres nothing they can do to stop you.

Well exactly I mean it's not like they can FORCE you to come in and work. I think it's reasonable for an employer to ask you for a few weeks notice, to give them an oportunity to fill the position however

jang

is not my real name
HSC
mija said:
How do I quit my job?
Do i talk to the store manager or HR?

i work at woolworths and
i'm starting to hate the abuse from customers..
:(
just quit... there are dudes like me waiting in line to get ur job

J

jhakka

What would have happened if she didn't go in? Would she have been sacked?

elisabeth

HSC
Are you interested in a reference? If so, you should be considerate. Give them a few weeks notice, talk to your manager/supervisor or whoever and say your piece.

If you don't care but don't want to be rude, just go in and say you've come to turn in your badge - that's what I did at Best&Less.

If they've pissed you off to no end and you don't give a stuff about getting a reference, call in before a big shift and tell them to shove it/walk off during a busy shift (ideal if you want an oppotune moment to tell off a wanky customer).

Are you pt/ft/casual? Remember if you're casual, you're not required to give any notice.

mija

HSC
my main supervisor is really nice to me and everything,
i want to go without being so rude to her for no reason.
yeah i'm a casual but i dont just want to drop it on them

but anyway i thought about what my excuse should be.
i'm going to say something like "because the uni i got accepted into is far away my parents organised me to live on campus n so i cant work here anymore."

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I gave them 2 weeks notice and handed them a nice letter saying I needed to quit in order to effectively study for the HSC. That IS the main reason, but it was also growing tiresome.

I left the letter open, though, allowing for the possibility of me working there again some time in the future. Maybe after the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)