Racist pub bans Arabs, Islanders (2 Viewers)

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
Dude fucken hell quote the whole articles and no the part that suites you!.
I put a link so you can click and read it by yourself.

None of the articles contradict the Pub owner, it was one of his security guard who was wrong. He should have just denied them entry without giving them the reason. In other word he talked too much trying to be nice.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
YankeeChica said:

None of the articles contradict the Pub owner, it was one of his security guard who was wrong. He should have just denied them entry without giving them the reason. In other word he talked too much trying to be nice.
No, that's just stupid. People shouldn't have to be sneaking around, and doing mischievous shit like that. They should either adhere to the law, or work change it, so that they can do it legally.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
YankeeChica said:

Raed the Article bitch - the owner had the choice - thus the police didnt force him to do anything.

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
HotShot said:
Raed the Article bitch - the owner had the choice - thus the police didnt force him to do anything.
Yes he had a choice and he made the right choice, banning extremely violent people and solve the violence problems in his pub area. Got a problem with that?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
No, under the policy, a lanky middle eastern looking man that had just finished his last lecture for the day at UTS would not be allowed to go in.

Why the pub can't go by a case by case scenario is seriously beyond me.

Anyway I'd love to experiment with this policy in real life very soon.

Last edited:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
YankeeChica said:
Yes he had a choice and he made the right choice, banning extremely violent people and solve the violence problems in his pub area. Got a problem with that?
The issue being discussed doesn't arise if only 'extremely violent people' are banned. Unfortunately his policy also involved banning non-violent people simply because they were superficially similar, in terms of appearance and cultural background, to violent people. So, answering your question, no, I don't have a problem with banning violent people, but yes I have a problem with a choice which arbitrarily bans people on the basis of race.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I dont see why he cant just do what they do in Wollongong, if there is a group of males i dunno like 4 or more they just dont let you in...especially if you look like a leb and extra especially if you dont have any girls with you.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
There are two elements to this sort of policy. Obviously, they believed that certain races were causing most of the trouble. Another reason may be that interactions between different races in settings where patrons are frequently intoxicated tend to be problematic. Maybe this means that their patrons - both anglo saxon or middle eastern, have racist tendencies.

Again, I'm not saying that what they did was right, but part of the problem might be that patrons prefer to stick to their own and drink with their own.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ACtually if you read the article the police were complaining of violence relating to drunkeness in the area.

Obviosuly what th epub owner should be doing is restricting the number of beers per person or closing the pub at 11pm.

But you see the pub owner wont do either of them..

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
Funny article regarding pub bans

Dress code that's 'disgusting'By Andrew Chesterton
May 17, 2007 01:00am
Article from: Font size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
A TV personality says she was rejected from a trendy city nightspot because she looked "disgusting" in her $400 dress.

Author Janella Purcell, who stars on Channel 7's Good Chef/Bad Chef and runs a Surry Hills health food cafe, was wearing a one-of-a-kind vintage dress when she tried to enter The Lincoln bar in Sydney's Kings Cross on Saturday night.

Initially told that a member of her three-person party was too intoxicated, the bouncer allegedly later conceded they were actually being rejected because of Ms Purcell's dress.

"He told me, 'Love, that's a disgusting dress'," Ms Purcell, 38, said.

"I told him it was a vintage dress and he said 'I don't care what it is, that's disgusting, you look disgusting.'

"I've worked my whole life to try to empower women and tell them they don't have to look like everyone else. But this kind of thing just reinforces the wrong idea."

Her claim comes only weeks after pub exclusion policies were put under public scrutiny when The Daily Telegraph revealed Scruffy Murphy's hotel had enforced a ban on all Pacific Islanders and Middle Eastern men in 2005.

In another case, real estate agent Waise Yusofzai is suing city nightspot The Establishment, owned by businessman Justin Hemmes, for $55,000 claiming an unfair exclusion policy. The 38-year-old said his rejection from the bar left him feeling like "half a person"

The Lincoln's manager Michelle Bowen was shocked to hear of the incident.

"In all honesty, if I found out a staff member spoke to anyone in that regard they would be immediately fired," she said.

Dolly Up boutique owner Erin Hutchings, who sold the dress to Ms Purcell, described it as unusual but very pretty.

"It's kind of kitsch, but it's sexy as well," she said.

"I think it's really funny - obviously unless you're next to naked, men just don't like it." http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21744933-421,00.html

jimmayyy

HSC
HotShot said:
You should allow everyone in and those that are 'rowdy' or cause trouble can be banned from the bar. After they have committed a crime.
have you never heard of preventive measures?

jimmayyy

HSC
HotShot said:
Obviosuly what th epub owner should be doing is restricting the number of beers per person or closing the pub at 11pm.

But you see the pub owner wont do either of them..
yes because decent honest peaceful law abiding citizens deserve to have their civil liberties curtailed because some dickhead lebs are causing trouble. srs wtf r u smoking

they should be able to serve as much beer as is ordered for as long into the night as they deem fit for business.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
jimmayyy said:
have you never heard of preventive measures?
jimmayyy said:
yes because decent honest peaceful law abiding citizens deserve to have their civil liberties curtailed because some dickhead lebs are causing trouble. srs wtf r u smoking

they should be able to serve as much beer as is ordered for as long into the night as they deem fit for business.
"[D]ecent honest peaceful law abiding citizens [don't] deserve to have their civil liberties curtailed" ... don't you think that preventative measures kind of fly in the face of this ideal?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
that dress is disgusting, but i dont think thats a reason to ban someone from coming in. I see fat ugly girls in hipster jeans and shitty tshirts with the whole muffin top thing going on and i throw up alittle in my mouth. That dress as far as dresses go is pretty bad, but any dress is better than the muffin top look.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
that dress is disgusting, but i dont think thats a reason to ban someone from coming in. I see fat ugly girls in hipster jeans and shitty tshirts with the whole muffin top thing going on and i throw up alittle in my mouth. That dress as far as dresses go is pretty bad, but any dress is better than the muffin top look.

I think she is lying. Probably paid to say that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
"That's a shit dress"
"But it's vintage!"

I don't understand how that's a retort :S

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I think The Establishment is pretty inconsistent, but they're pretty well known for strict dress codes.

I've got to say, I've seen others that have been let in for more unfortunate gowns that that one above. It also depends on the occasion (ie they do a lot of marketing campaigne/parties).

I don't personally agree that the above article should belong here, but whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)