• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

random question... :) (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
I have had multiple answers for this question..im curious thats all :)

Can you become friends with your teachers after you leave school?????

what do you think.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I know that teachers can't add you on FB until after 2 years of you leaving school or something like that.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
LOL teachers from my school add students on facebook. I know its wrong and we've complained because the creepy teacher like added everyone.

I made my history teacher a fb and I made friends with him during and after school. He's an old man and I totally had the intentions of sleeping with him.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I know that teachers can't add you on FB until after 2 years of you leaving school or something like that.
I don't think that's true. I've added 2 of them already and i doubt the coppers are gonna go after them

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
That didn't happen at my school. Teachers added everyone on facebook to find out what's happening inside all the little cliques.

Fucking weird cunts. I can imagine them pissing themselves laughing in the staff room.

"HAHAHAHA SHE GOT DUMPED AGAIN!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA SUCKED IN BITCH'

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
A lot of the school leavers from my school add teachers on FB cause they're mostly pretty cool.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Pretty sure that's not true. I know heaps of students who have teachers added.

NewiJapper

HSC
I am. Well, with two of them anyways :) Not like beffals, but coffee or something with the old ext eng/jap class.

Azure said:
I can imagine them pissing themselves laughing in the staff room.

"HAHAHAHA SHE GOT DUMPED AGAIN!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA SUCKED IN BITCH'
This happened on a daily basis in the english staffroom :p

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok in that case I think my teachers just wanted to get rid of students from their FB then

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Teachers in my English staff room do bitch about students.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
it happens with basically all teachers within all staffrooms within all schools -guaranteed

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Of course you can! My school isn't very large, so quite a number of students are on social-able levels with our teachers. Smaller classes like Extension History, Maths, and English [which have anywhere between 1 and 6 people in them] are on great terms with their teachers. In terms of Facebook, at my school once you have graduated you're able to add them on social networks, however the school doesn't want that sort of communication whilst we're still in school.

We get quite a few ex-students who come to the school and have lunch with the teachers. : ) Most of the teachers at my school are a good bunch, so naturally most students come back for a visit or two.

And in terms of teachers gossiping, I agree; it most certainly happens in every school. If they're not gossiping about the bad kids, they're gossiping about the good ones. I don't know how many times I've had my Extension History teacher comment on my work in other subjects [work she generally wouldn't have seen]. It's quite annoying. u_u

HSC
Uni Grad
If you want, sure.

My uni tutor told me last year that teachers aren't allowed to add students on fb until after they've finished teaching them though. Not that this would be monitored or anything.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
legally, they are allowed to. However, I have heard (which might not be true) that some schools have policies that prevent teachers from contacting students after they leave school. and apparently the reason for this is because if a teacher gets along super well with a student after graduation, there might be some suspicion that the teacher and student had an inappropriate relationship when the student was still in school. (again, this may not be true)

anyways, I have 3 teachers on facebook so I think it is okay.

if you have any doubts, ask your teachers. if they are cool, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep in contact with them after school

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
TBH i think its absolutely not on while the student is at school.

I don't have any qualms with school policies that prevent the above either.

epicFAILx

HSC
Yeah, i had heard something similar to that. During school it isnt allowed because of the teacher student policy (well at my school anyway). But i think after you graduate. Like a year after or something like that...its allowed. So confusing :p

epicFAILx

HSC
LOL teachers from my school add students on facebook. I know its wrong and we've complained because the creepy teacher like added everyone.

I made my history teacher a fb and I made friends with him during and after school. He's an old man and I totally had the intentions of sleeping with him.
Heehhe, what do you classify as old men??

epicFAILx

HSC
legally, they are allowed to. However, I have heard (which might not be true) that some schools have policies that prevent teachers from contacting students after they leave school. and apparently the reason for this is because if a teacher gets along super well with a student after graduation, there might be some suspicion that the teacher and student had an inappropriate relationship when the student was still in school. (again, this may not be true)

anyways, I have 3 teachers on facebook so I think it is okay.

if you have any doubts, ask your teachers. if they are cool, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep in contact with them after school
Ack. Wouldnt it be awkward to ask them about adding them on fb?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^ if you get along well with them, it shouldn't be awkward. say you want to keep in touch with them and ask if they have facebook...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)