rank the unis with medicine (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
doink said:
I wouldn't say they have prestige due to their med course but rather due to the establishment as a whole and the difficulty of entry.
Sydney, UQ and Melb would be the most-prestigious IMO for grad courses now and in terms of research and grandure esp for Sydney the medfac is 152 or is it 153 years old?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
inasero said:
nope...just the interview and professional references (clinical supervisors)
edit: if that's too much i suppose you could go interstate
hahaha oh man tats sooo cool!
i have 3 professional references i know i can use :)

u planning NSW or Vic? or SA?... cos im thinking of all 3 and just pay the fee
i know wat ill get in SA ;)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
inasero said:
you serious that radovan guy was a doctor?

on the same topic: josef mengele, ewen cameron....
yeah did some training in the US too lol yes josef mengele :p
rob stitch from frontline too... Umelb.. not so imfamous

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yeah did some training in the US too lol yes josef mengele :p
rob stitch from frontline too... Umelb.. not so imfamous
*Rob Sitch.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mellow3sooth said:
Oh, it just occured to me that... well, i didn't actually ask my friend, but i guess she wanted me to rank unis on reputation, because of that whole 'asian' reputation thing. You know, like, in asian communities "i go to such and such a uni " --> *receives admiration*. Hm, i'll have to ask her.
lol hi im Dr <insert surname>

thats usually enough.... UWS med would be hard... compare to other non-med/vet/dent at Usyd lol

medicine in asian families usually is better than all.... only cos u seem so learned .... lol even if ur a drop kick :)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Wooz said:
Sydney, UQ and Melb would be the most-prestigious IMO for grad courses now and in terms of research and grandure esp for Sydney the medfac is 152 or is it 153 years old?
syd is technically the 2nd oldest med course... but oldest uni...'
melb is oldest med school but 2nd oldest uni
adel is third at about 150 yrs

i think Usyd is lik 167 yrs or more... i cant think its on the MSO wiki... :) i know cos i got bored in 3rd yr and posted it up..

qp

HSC
As far as weighing courses up, it comes down to a number of factors - quality of teaching, quality of students, number of students and hence opportunities to learn, resources available, and convenience of access, with different requirements for different people. Ultimately, you take what you can get. No school is perfect, and no school in Australia will be terrible.

Date of med course induction is a most useless measure of anything. As far as the concept of "prestige" goes, we're talking UNSW, UMelb, Usyd Sci/MBBS, but then again, that counts for very little now, although it may well carry its weight starting from 2011/2012 when the number of interns will grossly outweigh the number of Trainee/Internship positions.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
qp said:
As far as weighing courses up, it comes down to a number of factors - quality of teaching, quality of students, number of students and hence opportunities to learn, resources available, and convenience of access, with different requirements for different people. Ultimately, you take what you can get. No school is perfect, and no school in Australia will be terrible.

Date of med course induction is a most useless measure of anything. As far as the concept of "prestige" goes, we're talking UNSW, UMelb, Usyd Sci/MBBS, but then again, that counts for very little now, although it may well carry its weight starting from 2011/2012 when the number of interns will grossly outweigh the number of Trainee/Internship positions.
LLB/MBBS at Monash (School leavers only) for the win! :uhhuh:

Yeah the med student tsunami is going to be a huge problem, due to our ageing work force, lack of placements/government support, etc.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Wooz said:
LLB/MBBS at Monash (School leavers only) for the win! :uhhuh:

Yeah the med student tsunami is going to be a huge problem, due to our ageing work force, lack of placements and government support.
Yo Wooz, how does I become Mod?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
How many people actually graduate with a LLB/MBBS and really what is the point?? Surely you couldnt be a master of arguably the two most academically challenging professions?

flowergrl

HSC
Well from wot I heard all through last year

Best Undergrad courses ranked best to least:
1) UNSW
2) Melbourne/Monash (one of those in Victoria)
3) Newcastle
4) Bond
5) All other unis (I dunno where UWS fits in... its only had 2 years so far, but pretty good review)

Best Postgrad courses:
1) USYD
2) all other unis.

Sammy-Blue

HSC
qp said:

I dunno, JCU comes fairly close to that description, if not being a dictionary defenition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)