• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rape: is there a clear offender? (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
no not really dude

if there is no definitive consent

then don't have sex with it hey

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
yeah I really don't get how people don't understand that putting your dick into someone/thing that doesn't want it there or can't give permission for it to be there is illegal
yeah I really don't get how people don't understand that sticking your fork into a (previously) living being's body that doesn't want it there or can't give permission for it to be there is illegal

meat is rape

STEEL SPRINGS

Banned
HSC
What if they give consent and then die? Because it would be a damn shame to let such a lovely specimen go to waste

mirakon

nigga
HSC
yeah I really don't get how people don't understand that sticking your fork into a (previously) living being's body that doesn't want it there or can't give permission for it to be there is illegal

meat is rape
Vegetarians are the only innocents

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

meat is rape
it's dead, can't give consent

i would argue the same for dead people

repulsive as it is

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
so we have established, despite funkshen playing devils advocate (or actually being a rapist) that consent is important and without consent you really should not dick someone/something, etc for reasons that are obvious

despite there being a potential biological trigger for this behaviour (lots of animals rape animals to assert dominance, humans are animals, etc) we have a set of rules which govern how we behave in society so that it is a relatively happy place for all of us

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
so you're saying that social conformity is the foundation of ethical action

well heil my hitler

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
so you're saying that social conformity is the foundation of ethical action

well heil my hitler
no
i dont know

i am not sure what i am saying because it is evident that laws do not deter rapists and neither does social condemnation

but people have the right as sentient beings to not be raped

so

i guess the only solution is
rape or be raped

or we just arm ourselves

Pfortune35

HSC
a powerful man takes what he wants. a powerful man takes a woman, or another man, inferior in power to himself as evidenced by the act of domination of the object by subject. this is how it is in nature, this is how it is in humanity; the man that would say that it is otherwise is too inferior, either in strength or courage.
so stealing is okay too (if its done directly and with force) because its one person asserting their dominace over another.
Saying, it happens in nature so it okay. We are people with brains and have decided to think for ourselves rather than just following our insticts
and fucking everything that moves. If we allow this behaviour we promote our instincts and compulsive acts over our own reason on which society is based on.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
so stealing is okay too (if its done directly and with force) because its one person asserting their dominace over another.
Saying, it happens in nature so it okay. We are people with brains and have decided to think for ourselves rather than just following our insticts
and fucking everything that moves. If we allow this behaviour we promote our instincts and compulsive acts over our own reason on which society is based on.
well stealing isn't the same as rape, people don't tend to do it to assert dominance, they do it because someone has something they want

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
no
i dont know

i am not sure what i am saying because it is evident that laws do not deter rapists and neither does social condemnation

but people have the right as sentient beings to not be raped

so

i guess the only solution is
rape or be raped

or we just arm ourselves
first you take the lazy relativist/social construction view on ethical behaviour and now you're talking about inherent rights. i think it should be quite obvious that rape does not fall under any of these categories.

you don't want rape to be legal (or people have the right not to be raped) because YOU don't want yourself or any others you know (maybe even others you don't know, you're such an altruist!) to be raped. you're prepared to act in violence on these egoistic values (or rather to legitimate violence conducted on your behalf). you get a critical mass of anti rape egoists and you get a law against rape. and if the critical mass was pro-rape that's how it would go.

so it's not about rape, it's about you.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
warning: libertard justification

If you concede that a person owns themselves and therefore their body, any act of aggression against it is a violation of your property rights.

Of course this doesn't include a specific right against rape, but you get my point.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
warning: libertard justification

If you concede that a person owns themselves and therefore their body, any act of aggression against it is a violation of your property rights.

Of course this doesn't include a specific right against rape, but you get my point.
if you concede that a person owns their own "personal banana", any act of them not having bananas is a violation of their banana rights

of course this doesn't include a specific right for apples, but you get my point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)