• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Raped by her uncle, but can she have an abortion? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
Put it this way i am against binge drinking, but i do not stop people from drinking, i am against abortion but i would force them to go through a pregnancy, it is up to the individual to make the right decision i can tell them my beliefs and all the reasons why abortion is wrong but ultimatly it is up to them.
You are emytaylor, your writing style and spelling and arguments are exactly the same. Lying is a sin, better own up to it now ;)

Also remember she's 11...if you're saying you could look an 11 year old victim of incestuous rape in the face and tell her you think her decision to abort is wrong...you're messed up.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
You are emytaylor, your writing style and spelling and arguments are exactly the same. Lying is a sin, better own up to it now ;)

Also remember she's 11...if you're saying you could look an 11 year old victim of incestuous rape in the face and tell her you think her decision to abort is wrong...you're messed up.
I have not lied

I am not messed up if a girl came up to me and asked me does she think that i would have an abortion i would say i don't think it is right.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I have not lied

I am not messed up if a girl came up to me and asked me does she think that i would have an abortion i would say i don't think it is right.
No, I'm saying you are messed up if you could say that to someone who has been through enough already without needing to be preached at by someone who has no idea what is right for them.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
i am against abortion but i would force them to go through a pregnancy
I don't believe this

Don't you think abortion is murder?

How can you say you disapprove, but you are okay with a society that allows people the right to choose murder under certain circumstances.

That is fucked up.

HSC
Graney said:
I don't believe this

Don't you think abortion is murder?

How can you say you disapprove, but you are okay with a society that allows people the right to choose murder under certain circumstances.

That is fucked up.
Abortion is murder,

what do you think would happen to society if it was not legal, people would be thrown down stairs, or bashed to kill the child

u-borat

Banned
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

better be, imagine if there were two of them running around. *shudders*

why's it murder?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
how's it a human life?

and would it not be god-inspired for her to abort the child?

HSC
u-borat said:
how's it a human life?

and would it not be god-inspired for her to abort the child?
It is probably going to grow into a fully developed human if is not aborted how is that not a human life?
and the second point i don't understand what you get

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
Abortion is murder,

what do you think would happen to society if it was not legal, people would be thrown down stairs, or bashed to kill the child
want2bdifferent that's simply not the case, people do have morals and can differentiatiate between right and wrong, in most cases. Abortion is the termination of a fetus before 24-26 weeks thank you very much.

Pro-choice, 25,000+ people die every f'in day from starvation and malaria whoop dee doo, that to me constitutes manslaughter by the west. However when foetus are aborted they are done so in the western world as a choice. It's just a matter of the differing and changing worlds we live in with different POV's.

IMO: Abortions should be allowed in states or countries who have not legalised abortions under special circumstances to be heard by a court.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
Abortion is murder,

But there would be less abortions per year if it was less acessible. More children would survive. God would be happier.

Should we legalise suicide too, and provide cheap easy access to painless and quick methods, just because the alternative is suffering and cruder more violent methods?

You're beliefs are conflicting. You don't want to admit that abortion should not be legal, and people should be forced to give birth, because you don't want to sound unsympathetic to the mothers. But what you're saying is evil, and you know it.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
It is probably going to grow into a fully developed human if is not aborted how is that not a human life?
and the second point i don't understand what you get
if god's plan is for it to die, then is the mother not only carrying out god's will in aborting the child?

HSC
Wooz said:
want2bdifferent that's simply not the case, people do have morals and can differentiatiate between right and wrong, in most cases. Abortion is the termination of a fetus before 24-26 weeks thank you very much.

Pro-choice, 25,000+ people die every f'in day from starvation and malaria whoop dee doo, that to me constitutes manslaughter by the west. However when foetus are aborted they are done so in the western world as a choice. It's just a matter of the differing and changing worlds we live in with different POV's.

IMO: Abortions should be allowed in states or countries who have not legalised abortions under special circumstances to be heard by a court.
I think it would happen esspecially in the situation of rape, i think that if people were nto allowed to have abortions they would have them by bashing the women, or by doing them in filthy unsanitary conditions. I am aware most people can differentiatiate between right and wrong but i think there are always some that can not

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
It makes me pretty angry when people make judgements or state what they would do in a particular situation, when they've never experienced it themselves.
I was on a christian study camp last week, and this one girl was going on and on about how wrong abortion was, and how even if she was raped, she'd go through with it.
I'd be interested to see how she felt about it if it actually happened. It's nice for a person to think they'd be strong enough to go through with the pregnancy, but she can't honestly say she wouldn't consider terminating. It takes more than words to cope with something so horrendous.

Yeah, so people who have nfi what they're talking about have less of a right to make moral judgements, I believe.

HSC
Hollieee said:
It makes me pretty angry when people make judgements or state what they would do in a particular situation, when they've never experienced it themselves.
I was on a christian study camp last week, and this one girl was going on and on about how wrong abortion was, and how even if she was raped, she'd go through with it.
I'd be interested to see how she felt about it if it actually happened. It's nice for a person to think they'd be strong enough to go through with the pregnancy, but she can't honestly say she wouldn't consider terminating. It takes more than words to cope with something so horrendous.

Yeah, so people who have nfi what they're talking about have less of a right to make moral judgements, I believe.
i said i dont know if my opinions would change, like i said i dont think any one would until they are in that situation. but you could also say it is the other way around, how do they know when they are in that situation they would not keep the child or at least give it up for adoption.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I wasn't attacking you personally, it was just a general statement as I have encountered people who thought like that.
And you can't say that people wouldn't keep the child; some might, and I sincerely admire them for that. I just don't know if some people who think they could really could, and can actually appreciate what they would have to go through.
I think it takes an incredible amount of bravery, among other things, to keep a rape baby, even if it is given up for adoption.
Along with that, if they wanted to keep the baby, I wouldn't try and force them to abort it if the law was supportive of abortion of rape babies, just as I wouldn't try to force her to have the baby when the law is not so supportive of abortions.
Just to make it clear, I'm not actually supportive of abortions in and of themselves, but more distinctly, the woman's right to choose.
She can have the baby, or she can't. I don't think she should be forced either way, and if she keeps it, then good on her =)

HSC
Hollieee said:
I wasn't attacking you personally, it was just a general statement as I have encountered people who thought like that.
And you can't say that people wouldn't keep the child; some might, and I sincerely admire them for that. I just don't know if some people who think they could really could, and can actually appreciate what they would have to go through.
I think it takes an incredible amount of bravery, among other things, to keep a rape baby, even if it is given up for adoption.
Along with that, if they wanted to keep the baby, I wouldn't try and force them to abort it if the law was supportive of abortion of rape babies, just as I wouldn't try to force her to have the baby when the law is not so supportive of abortions.
Just to make it clear, I'm not actually supportive of abortions in and of themselves, but more distinctly, the woman's right to choose.
She can have the baby, or she can't. I don't think she should be forced either way, and if she keeps it, then good on her =)
i didn't take it as a personal attack

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think it would happen esspecially in the situation of rape, i think that if people were nto allowed to have abortions they would have them by bashing the women, or by doing them in filthy unsanitary conditions. I am aware most people can differentiatiate between right and wrong but i think there are always some that can not
You think abortions are wrong, yet you would not stop a woman from getting one by banning abortion if you could, on the basis that she would go get it done in a dangerous and illegal way instead.

How does this even make sense? From your standpoint abortions are wrong no matter whether they're done by a doctor or a coke bottle on a broom handle, so why are you suddenly so concerned with the wellbeing of the mother when 2 seconds ago you were saying you disagree with abortion thus implying that you really don't care about the mother or what she wants to do with her body so she may as well get on the kitchen table and hope the knife is clean because hey, it's still murder! Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)