Rate the Difficulty (1 Viewer)

How difficult was the exam (overall), out of 10?

• 10 - Very Hard

Votes: 18 10.7%

Votes: 16 9.5%

Votes: 31 18.3%

Votes: 42 24.9%

Votes: 20 11.8%

Votes: 18 10.7%

Votes: 12 7.1%

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 1 - Very Easy

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SanjoyM

HSC
Voted 4
The questions were pretty straightforward, albeit worded a bit differently to confuse people LOL
Mod A: Beautiful question:) Loved how instead of focusing solely on context, they ACTUALLY focused on the literary conventions; textual forms etc... :)
Mod B: Probably not the best question for some as they specified Faith Bandler. However, the question was quite demanding, but manageable:)
Mod C: AWESOME question about complexity of human attitudes and beliefs - Just discussed about Bakhtin's mode of polyphonic truth and Complexities of the Human condition for J.C , sustaining the argument with Kurosawa's Rashomon :D
Overall, a good paper!! :) If you knew your stuff, you would have been fine!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on which electives you did. Speeches was definitely the hardest since it was specified AND no extract.

Alkanes

HSC
Gave mine 7. Questions for my modules were wayyyyyy tooooo specific.

SanjoyM

HSC
Speeches was a pain in the butt!! NO EXTRACT!! Thank god I memorised 5 quotes from Faith, Hole and Reconciliation
However, it was unfair how they specified for some, but not others in Mod B :(

SanjoyM

HSC
Hamlet and others - very striaghtforward though - characterisation - They didn't even specify a soliloquy or duologue etc... which seemed unfair. Oh well.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
5. Blade Runner / Frankenstein was a bit of a curveball (textual forms?) but still very manageable. The Hamlet question was tough but accommodated plenty of different theses. Conflicting perspectives was straightforward as usual.

Alkanes

HSC
Hamlet and others - very striaghtforward though - characterisation - They didn't even specify a soliloquy or duologue etc... which seemed unfair. Oh well.
Oh dude. Stop complaining. The question was specific in asking for "characterisation" LOL.

SanjoyM

HSC
Oh dude. Stop complaining. The question was specific in asking for "characterisation" LOL.
Yeah, I agree :) LOL I'm fine with what they specified for speeches:) However, I feel sorry for the others.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Well they did the same thing with Gwen Harwood where they specified and no extract....just saying
This. So lucky At Mornington was one of my poems :O Yeah, they stepped it up from last year by not even giving an extract. Does that mean speeches and Harwood will be scaled up?

Alkanes

HSC
I'm praying Hamlet will scale good. Question just totally threw me off.

SanjoyM

HSC
This. So lucky At Mornington was one of my poems :O Yeah, they stepped it up from last year but not even giving an extract. Does that mean speeches and Harwood will be scaled up?
Most likely :) Fingers crossed!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Most likely :) Fingers crossed!
Most likely not. Speeches usually tends to scales less and so, with the increased scaling, you MIGHT be able to match the marks from the other electives.

Also, they'll probably mark easier, not scale massively.

CommunityFan

HSC
I did less than I expected but overall I manage to link back to the question and mention clearly the effects, location of my techniques and the impact as well as connecting to a lot of stuff so I think I should do well and I manage to squeeze everything just enough except I condensed the last techniques in my last question a bit :jawdrop:

I only think its hard because of timing :p (I gave it 7)

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I gave 8

Module A was hard
Module B was really good - it's a critical study of text you were meant to know each speech in detail
Module C was ok but didn't finish

Not gonna get the band 6 i was hoping for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)