"Readings" (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
I'm doing Yeats as well. I don't refer to a single critic in my essay :O

My teacher told me that a few years ago, the BOS changed the focus of this module. Before, people used to refer to critics too much, so apparently now they want a more personal response. So, to answer your question, no it's not imperative....(according to my teacher)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard that the focus changed as well, that it moved more away from readings to your personal interpretation but I've also heard that you can back up your personal reponse with quotes from critics.

Demise

HSC
You need a personal response AND a reference to a critic.

lani22

HSC
My teachers said you didn't have to. They said a lot of people threw in readings in trials and they were only a detriment because they weren't discussed well enough or used effectively.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
They're good, but not necessary. It's better to not have one than to shoehorn one in where it's not really relevant.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
if you look at the rubric, it was changed in 2009. you no longer have to reference other critics and the emphasis is now on a personal response to the text. so don't worry about citing a critics perspective unless it backs up your own... and even then you dont have to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)