Really bad creative (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Final tip: Use the five senses.
E.g. "I skipped along the grass" > "The grass scratched my feet as I slithered across the soft bed of aroma"
I'm not the best but it is the clear the second sentence has also some language techniques such as accumulation of the s sound, emphasising a sense of happiness can be obtained from the natural world lololol.
Need to show link between the technique and the meaning. How does the technique achieve the meaning?

^Hint, that's where you get your marks.

photastic

HSC
Need to show link between the technique and the meaning. How does the technique achieve the meaning?

^Hint, that's where you get your marks.
Thanks I'll keep this in mind for comprehension and the essay :)

Machiavelli1

HSC
Enigma I'll reply to you within half an hour haha :)
:O so quick in replying when compared to me haha :).

I've been told by my tutor and teachers to stay away from sports stories apparently frowned upon. But I guess if you use sport as a really minor thing then it shouldn't matter.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
It might be easier to help you improve your creative rather than help you accept a crap mark if we can see it. If you send it to me I could help you out a little if you want. I tutor heaps of year 10 and 11 kids in English and have to read A LOT of creatives for them so I don't mind if you'd like a second opinion :)

Hi there444

HSC
Hey guys,

My creative is quite bad lol. I have a storyline about belonging, but my wording and description is not that great :/
I have like one simile, 9 descriptive words, some dialogue and explanation of the plot. I literally have no sophistication in my vocab :(
The story is written as flash back and present, using those three asterisks ***

I feel like the story overall is good, but not the way I've written it :/

Usually, what type of mark would this yield in the hsc for belonging creative section?

And am I screwed?

Thanks
Trust me English in unpredictable. I was hoping like 16 for an essay and I got 11 and instead got 15 in an essay that I thought I did bad at and 12 in creative that I though was gonna get an 8. So yeh

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Trust me English in unpredictable. I was hoping like 16 for an essay and I got 11 and instead got 15 in an essay that I thought I did bad at and 12 in creative that I though was gonna get an 8. So yeh
ahhh this is what's so annoying about English! :(((

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Smoke Weed and write about a simple scenario. I remembered getting 5/15 for my first stories, which was like game of thrones where everyone dies so avoid death and stupid things like bullying. So I decided to go to Sydney Harbour and that beauty accentuated my senses, a fascination. This moment, I wrote what I saw, the elemental forces and foretold the story and added flashbacks to twist things. As a result, 13+ even though it was something this simple. Therefore, to get high marks, keep the marker interested, incorporate belonging and get the marker to release emotions :)
This. I have a story about two people in a bookshop, they're reflecting on their lives as they pick up the books (incorporating belonging metaphor in their imaginations and shit), one knocks over a shelf of books and the other helps them pick it up. That's the extent of the plot. Gets 13+ evri tym, no drug abusing characters/suicide needed

iStudent

HSC
I'm not the best at creatives (actually my creative is pretty bad) but one thing you wanna do is add DEEP techniques (e.g. motif/symbolism) and make the creative flow well. Have some nice imagery (5 senses) here and there. Toss a few similes, metaphors etc and include a MESSAGE somewhere (e.g. at the end). It's probably not enough to land a 15/15 but if you can do that your creative should improve a lot...

Good luck btw. Why did you leave working on your creative until the last minute? :/

Also forgot the mention. Don't include stuff that doesn't contribute to your story! see: chekhof's gun

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I'm not the best at creatives (actually my creative is pretty bad) but one thing you wanna do is add DEEP techniques (e.g. motif/symbolism) and make the creative flow well. Have some nice imagery (5 senses) here and there. Toss a few similes, metaphors etc and include a MESSAGE somewhere (e.g. at the end). It's probably not enough to land a 15/15 but if you can do that your creative should improve a lot...

Good luck btw. Why did you leave working on your creative until the last minute? :/
Thankss!! I only just realised how terrible it is. Despite my teacher's deceiving 15/15 mark. English teachers I swear..

Guyss honestly thanks so much for your help!!
In particular Harrypotterfan AND Suchsmallhands for the extensive feedback provided! :D

I wish you all the very best in your hsc exams and if you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to post a thread or pm me, anything at all! Because you guys have helped so much!! <3

Last edited:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Just so you can all stop giving advice and pity to Enigma, the creative is great and she doesn't need help for anything except a self confidence problem :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Just so you can all stop giving advice and pity to Enigma, the creative is great and she doesn't need help for anything except a self confidence problem :p
Thanks sooooo much for your feedback SSH!! I am going through every bit of it now :D

ahahah I do lack self confidence, but from what I can see you've helped loads!! And HPF :D

iStudent

HSC
Lol. Yea I thought it was weird. No matter how weird the teacher is, if you manage 15/15 from someone as reputable as a teacher it's a minimum 12/15.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Lol. Yea I thought it was weird. No matter how weird the teacher is, if you manage 15/15 from someone as reputable as a teacher it's a minimum 12/15.
Thanks for the hope! I'll be incredibly relieved with achieving 10/15!

QZP

HSC
How long is your creative? Mine is ~1000 words. Is this a bad move!!???? T____T IM PANICKING. Everyone else has it so short so they can write more for essays

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
How long is your creative? Mine is ~1000 words. Is this a bad move!!???? T____T IM PANICKING. Everyone else has it so short so they can write more for essays
Heyy don't panic it's alright! Mine's 850 i think. Perhaps chop it down a little so that you will have more time to think about how to adapt it to the stimulus. I think 800-900 would be reasonable for creative :)

QZP

HSC
I write 1338 words in 40 mins though (timed myself lol). I think its fine. But it really would be nice to have like 1hour on comprehension hahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)