Really bad creative (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Hey guys,

My creative is quite bad lol. I have a storyline about belonging, but my wording and description is not that great :/
I have like one simile, 9 descriptive words, some dialogue and explanation of the plot. I literally have no sophistication in my vocab :(
The story is written as flash back and present, using those three asterisks ***

I feel like the story overall is good, but not the way I've written it :/

Usually, what type of mark would this yield in the hsc for belonging creative section?

And am I screwed?

Thanks

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I think it is more about adapting it to the question rather than having a "good story"

best of luck with your HSC :)
Thanks man. Good luck in your hsc too!! :D

Depends on how you incorporate the stimulus?
Hmm ok so assuming I incorporate it well/quite well, would I be able to get 10-11/15? That's all I'm after really, hoping the essays will bring me up :/

Also I looked at the past exemplars in the hsc workbooks and they're actually quite bad. What marks would those responses be getting btw? They say they're the top responses but I certainly don't think so, after looking at samples from bos --> Lyk, do you even band4?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks man. Good luck in your hsc too!! :D

Hmm ok so assuming I incorporate it well/quite well, would I be able to get 10-11/15? That's all I'm after really, hoping the essays will bring me up :/

Also I looked at the past exemplars in the hsc workbooks and they're actually quite bad. What marks would those responses be getting btw? They say they're the top responses but I certainly don't think so, after looking at samples from bos --> Lyk, do you even band4?

Probably low band 4 (or alternatively standards have gone up a lot higher)

Yeah I'd say if you can incoporate it well you'd be able to get 10+ish/15

Fiction

HSC
Do you have any post modern techniques? They tend to indicate sophisticated use of language. E.g, it's easier to write events chronologically than not, where not writing time in a linear form is a post modern technique (I forget the actual name of the technique tho).

Maybe look at the marking criterias of all the creative assignments you've had to do for school and find the similarities. Then try and implement whatever those factors were. :)

Good luck<3

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,

My creative is quite bad lol. I have a storyline about belonging, but my wording and description is not that great :/
I have like one simile, 9 descriptive words, some dialogue and explanation of the plot. I literally have no sophistication in my vocab :(
The story is written as flash back and present, using those three asterisks ***

I feel like the story overall is good, but not the way I've written it :/

Usually, what type of mark would this yield in the hsc for belonging creative section?

And am I screwed?

Thanks
u are not the only bro, tbh I am just gonna wing english and see what happens..

I havent created a generic creative writing, I know an idea which is gonna focus it on but tomorrow I am gonna dedicate the whole in making one.

#thereisalwaysUWS

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
So what's stopping you from fixing it?
I edited it like 20 times, but I still feel like it's not good enough. Can't get anyone's help either :/

Probably low band 4 (or alternatively standards have gone up a lot higher)

Yeah I'd say if you can incoporate it well you'd be able to get 10+ish/15
That's relieving!! Really hope so, thanks! :)

Do you have any post modern techniques? They tend to indicate sophisticated use of language. E.g, it's easier to write events chronologically than not, where not writing time in a linear form is a post modern technique (I forget the actual name of the technique tho).

Maybe look at the marking criterias of all the creative assignments you've had to do for school and find the similarities. Then try and implement whatever those factors were. :)

Good luck<3
Hmm postmodern tehcniques..I think I have a few of those. My structure is nont the linear type - it's in flashback so I think that's one.
I handed it in to my teacher in class and she gave it 15/15 and she's a hsc marker, but I seriously don't agree with her. I've seen much better creative with fancy language and flair, whereas mine is nowhere near.

In trials I adapted it to stimulus though and got 12/15 however again I do not believe that this is an accurate representation of what I would get in hsc because my school marks easier than hsc.

Thanks for your feedback, and good luck to you too! <3

I havent created a generic creative writing, I know an idea which is gonna focus it on but tomorrow I am gonna dedicate the whole in making one.

#thereisalwaysUWS
aww haha good to know!

Damnn, UWS has built itself a reputation....

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

#thereisalwaysUWS
I doubt mine is generic at all....

but I will force it to fit :p

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I just realised, 10/15 is like 67% that should be attainable right? Or am I getting my hopes up :/

photastic

HSC
Smoke Weed and write about a simple scenario. I remembered getting 5/15 for my first stories, which was like game of thrones where everyone dies so avoid death and stupid things like bullying. So I decided to go to Sydney Harbour and that beauty accentuated my senses, a fascination. This moment, I wrote what I saw, the elemental forces and foretold the story and added flashbacks to twist things. As a result, 13+ even though it was something this simple. Therefore, to get high marks, keep the marker interested, incorporate belonging and get the marker to release emotions :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Smoke Weed and write about a simple scenario. I remembered getting 5/15 for my first stories, which was like game of thrones where everyone dies so avoid death and stupid things like bullying. So I decided to go to Sydney Harbour and that beauty accentuated my senses, a fascination. This moment, I wrote what I saw, the elemental forces and foretold the story and added flashbacks to twist things. As a result, 13+ even though it was something this simple. Therefore, to get high marks, keep the marker interested, incorporate belonging and get the marker to release emotions :)
Ohh ok thanks!

Wait so can you tell me if this story is ok to use?

It's like a guy from his country comes to Australia, and he's bullied and teased and stuff and through his passion becomes a famous sports person. Oh god that sounds so artificial lol :/

What do you think? Should I change it completely?

why am I doing this to myself (ಥ﹏ಥ)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Ohh ok thanks!

It's like a guy from his country comes to Australia, and he's bullied and teased and stuff and through his passion becomes a famous sports person. Oh god that sounds so artificial lol :/

Just smoke some weed and try writing a creative

(Not srs probably not wise to start experimenting right before HSC starts could completly f**k you up)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
^ yeah true, I feel like I should just stick with what I have.

Hello band 1 in engiorjsh....

photastic

HSC
Ohh ok thanks!

Tbh, I don't really like bullying stories because it is very hard to solve any bullying issue for short stories and it is overused so markers might get bored. Why not just focus on the man's passion with the sport and emphasis what sport and the new country has done to him. If the question was about negative belonging, just twist it like how sport has trapped him to an extent he can't connect outside his sporting life or something. But idk that's something you can think about when adapting the question :=P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)