Really lost (1 Viewer)

oksteph

HSC
Our class has been studying Joanne Burns poetry for Distinctive voices, but what I fail to understand is the meaning of 'Distinctive voices' like, its hard to explain but I just dont get it. Nor do I understand 'Into the world' for Billy Elliot.
Im such a major failure :(

mt1234

HSC
A distinctive voice is a definite feature or characteristic through which one’s view of the world is communicated.

And for billy elliot, its about growing up and Billy's development throughout the film....he has a transition of worlds...from his world in the village with his family etc....to the world of his dance.

hope that helps a bit

fliick

HSC
N/A
Our class has been studying Joanne Burns poetry for Distinctive voices, but what I fail to understand is the meaning of 'Distinctive voices' like, its hard to explain but I just dont get it. Nor do I understand 'Into the world' for Billy Elliot.
Im such a major failure :(
Into the world for Billy Elliot;

Transitions from one thing to the next. The journey from scummy coal miner class to talented ballet.

Have you even studied Billy Elliot? Seen it? I don't know, maybe you're doing the thing I was doing and going too far in depth when it's only basic standard English. It's about the journey. Read essays done on Billy Elliot for the "Journey" theme. It can easily be refferred to "Into the World".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)