• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reasons for racism. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
well yes that is generally what it means, but fit in with who?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
well yes that is generally what it means, but fit in with who?
er, she obviously meant fit in with whites. as you noted psychological profiles within groups are considerably diverse, but by her own words she was saying that possibly (im not even necessarily agreeing) the reason why white people may harbour "racist" attitudes towards non-whites is because there is simply a much greater expectation of more integration whereby like-minded minorities will tend to more greatly associte with like-minded whites etc. as a whole, this does not really happen as she is suggesting they expect. so this is a factor according to HER in contributing to racist attitudes, which was what she was saying in the context.

there was no "they SHOULD integrate" in her words, just "if they INTEGRATED MORE IT COULD POSSIBLY AMELIORATE RACIST ATTITUDES"

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I know what she meant, I was playing devil's advocate. The Joe blow average Australian, if there is such a thing, is as much prejudiced towards others because of social standing or sexuality as they are to race. Similarly people who are more open to minorities tend also to be elitist and feel disdain for those they consider to be of lower status. I think it is less a case of racism and more a case of people feeling unwarranted self-importance. They do not discriminate because of races being different, but because they believe their way of living to be superior. Furthermore I don't consider this phenomenon at all exclusive to Australia.

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
australians and whites in general are far less prejudiced than non-whites (blacks are probably the most parochial and intolerant racial group); this is self-evident in the fact that white societies are the only societies literally stupid enough to consider racial diversity as some sort of societal enrichment and to embrace an idiotic universalism that is effectively shared by nobody else in the world but them. i don't think the average "joe blow" (or however you choose to characterise him) australian loathes non-whites, but is more than likely indifferent to non-whites, and effectively associates almost entirely with whites. there is an obvious preference for one's own kind which does not necessarily have to imply a dislike of another's kind.

but no, you hit the nail on the head (and i have been saying this for an extremely long time) when you said that so called "anti-racism" can be an elitist movement and an attempt by individuals to distinguish themselves from what they perceive as a "racism riddled society" (according to them, anyway) by embracing what it. these attitudes are apparent in higher circles and in the media, and may have origins in intellectual movements that began as far back as psychoananalysis and the frankfurt school of sociology. in this sense, to beat one's chest and announce how tolerant one is is an indication of high social status; not that much different from owning a luxury car.

Last edited:

BigBoyJames -

Banned
HSC
N/A
australians and whites in general are far less prejudiced than non-whites (blacks are probably the most parochial and intolerant racial group); this is self-evident in the fact that white societies are the only societies literally stupid enough to consider racial diversity as some sort of societal enrichment and to embrace an idiotic universalism that is effectively shared by nobody else in the world but them. i don't think the average "joe blow" (or however you choose to characterise him) australian loathes non-whites, but is more than likely indifferent to non-whites, and effectively associates almost entirely with whites. there is an obvious preference for one's own kind which does not necessarily have to imply a dislike of another's kind.

but no, you hit the nail on the head (and i have been saying this for an extremely long time) when you said that so called "anti-racism" can be an elitist movement and an attempt by individuals to disntinguish themselves from what they perceive as a "racism riddled society" (according to them, anyway) by embracing "anti-racism", which is more or less an indicator of high social status. these attitudes are apparent in higher circles and in the media, and may have origins in intellectual movements that began as far back as psychoananalysis and the frankfurt school of sociology. in this sense, to beat one's chest and announce how tolerant one is isn't that much different from owning a luxury car.
m8 fuck you. speak engish, TIA. This is Australia

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
they differ from us in their attitudes and many other things, but the most relevant differences of concern are high intelligence (one standard deviation above us), extreme ethnocentrism and ingroup morality, an exacting nature, a quasi-religious devotion to "tolerance", a tendency to reductionist pseudo-intellectualism, and a very poor sense of aesthetics

and they're not the most physically attractive group either. really there's nothing wrong with them perse but their interests tend to be antithetical to our interests and from that about them i object and consider the jewish question to be a relevant one (but obviously have no interest in claptrap holocaust denial or oddball new world order conspiracy theories)

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah but whoever that individual is is likely an extreme exception to the rule

typical jewish physical characteristics are not very flattering

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
wrong

even younger jews have a fairly ugly average level of attractiveness

the whopper noses and rat faces stay with them their entire lives

Last edited:

BigBoyJames -

Banned
HSC
N/A
wrong

even younger jews have a fairly ugly average level of attractiveness

whopper noses and ratty kind of faces

the kind of look like slimeballs
you are my favorite poster.

are you white m8? believe in white power ?

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i am white obviously

if by white power you mean white supremacy then no

i believe in white solidarity and potential separatism

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
accept you in what sense

youre more than likely taking the piss but no to be completely honest i dont want you or your people in this country but im perfectly fine with you having the right to self-determination in whatever part of the world you come from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)