Regrets of Picking Certain Subjects (1 Viewer)

nojess

HSC
Spanish was literally the worst decision of my life.
I also wish I'd done Extension History.

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
This is also true - there's too much rote learning for Chemistry and Physics because they should be more conceptual. All the humanities/social sciences are rote learning frenzies (experience from Modern History) - I just couldn't do it.
So is it bad that I'm doing bio, chem, legal and business-all basically rote learning subjects?

Nyx

HSC
Should've done extension English when the coordinator offered it.
Should've not dropped to standard from advanced.
Should've gone to a school that ran drama.
Should've tried.
Should've done biology in semester one instead of physics.
Should've done MedSc at UNSW.

My life is full of bad decisions.

Bro...da fuck you doin in uni now? just transfer ur way in bro srsly (no homo)

Should of done 4u maths instead of dropping to 3U.'
should have done latin, instead of doing classical greek
should have accelerated business studies + chemistry when given the opportunity to! fk me bro..

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro...da fuck you doin in uni now? just transfer ur way in bro srsly (no homo)
Med at UWS
Did better than I thought I would at UMAT so YAY!

(But engineering was shit house)

Heydosaurus

HSC
The two single things that I regret in regards to my HSC subject selections are picking Industrial Tech (Multimedia) instead of god damn anything else and dropping Ext. 1 Mathematics after prelim. Multimedia was a career interest that I had always had years into my life, and I really enjoyed doing the year 9 and 10 multimedia course. Year 11 was shithouse, though, and I wish that I had picked any other subject as my sacrificial dropping of 2 units after prelim. As for me dropping 3-unit maths, I was pretty much just too lazy and couldn't be arsed going to the off-line classes. I've always enjoyed maths, so it was a silly thing to do.

As for my other subjects selections though, it was all pretty good. IPT was a brilliant bludge, so much to the point that I achieved a band 6 off of two hours study. Then there was Physics, which is not a rote learning subject, by the way. My physics teacher was pretty shit, but I found the course content to be interesting enough to keep me motivated to get through it. Engineering Studies was great, I have no idea what you're all going on about. I had a good teacher,the course content was interesting and it has helped me quite a bit through first semester uni. Sure, it scales relatively shit, but I found myself on the positive side of it. =P

AB940

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't do the HSC (I'm from interstate) but I regret picking the easiest maths option rather than the one that's a pre requisite for a lot of courses, I regret NOT doing physics/biology, and I sort of regret drama because I was fucking terrible at it haha. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Lina3

HSC
I regret picking Music 2 How the hell can teachers fairly mark someone's playing on an instrument if they don't play it themselves? Also all this composition crap, a musicology essay that we have 20 minutes to write and friggin melodic dictation and sight singing that we (well at least my class) has never been taught how to do. Plus, the choices for the pieces you have to play are so restrictive. Add to that that the whole subject is pretty much an ATAR killer and you get the biggest regret of my HSC year :(

Makematics

HSC
I regret picking Music 2 How the hell can teachers fairly mark someone's playing on an instrument if they don't play it themselves? Also all this composition crap, a musicology essay that we have 20 minutes to write and friggin melodic dictation and sight singing that we (well at least my class) has never been taught how to do. Plus, the choices for the pieces you have to play are so restrictive. Add to that that the whole subject is pretty much an ATAR killer and you get the biggest regret of my HSC year :(
youve never done melodic dictations? lol we do them in yr 7-8 compulsory music, and we continued to do them in yr 9-10 elective music.

HSC
I hate all of my subjects equally except for senior science even though the teacher is a butt hole:chainsaw2:
The subjects I'm doing now are:
Advanced English
Maths
Ext.1 maths
SOR 1 unit
Physics
Senior Science

What I should've picked: :detective:
Standard English
General Maths
Visual Arts
Food Tech :cook:
Senior Science
Multimedia / D&T
SOR 1U / Catholic Studies

Hate Life :(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate all of my subjects equally except for senior science even though the teacher is a butt hole:chainsaw2:
The subjects I'm doing now are:
Advanced English
Maths
Ext.1 maths
SOR 1 unit
Physics
Senior Science

What I should've picked: :detective:
Standard English
General Maths
Visual Arts
Food Tech :cook:
Senior Science
Multimedia / D&T
SOR 1U / Catholic Studies

Hate Life :(
Why did you pick those then (first list)?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
You read my mind nerds. Like, the subjects are completely different (not trying to be mean, just curious).
It seems like she is a creative one, they should suit her more.

HSC
Idk I guess my parents were like no they aren't going to get you anywhere in life blah blah blah just do these and you'll get a better atar no-one told me it was going to be the death of me :(

I thought I could do it but I guess not ohh well not long to go :L

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Idk I guess my parents were like no they aren't going to get you anywhere in life blah blah blah just do these and you'll get a better atar no-one told me it was going to be the death of me :(

At this point in time, giving up isn't a option. Just keep on going :), btw if you need papers, look at my signature.

HSC
Why did you pick those then (first list)?
Idk I guess my parents were like no they aren't going to get you anywhere in life blah blah blah just do these and you'll get a better atar no-one told me it was going to be the death of me

HSC
At this point in time, giving up isn't a option. Just keep on going :), btw if you need papers, look at my signature.
Thanks heaps :) Yeah I noticed them! I'll check it out thaaaannkkk yooooouuuu :D
It's not that I'm giving up it just feels like anything I do it isn't good enough and it's frustrating because not even the teachers know what they want they all say different things!!

enoilgam

HSC
It's not that I'm giving up it just feels like anything I do it isn't good enough and it's frustrating because not even the teachers know what they want they all say different things!!
That always is difficult, but think of it as a good life/learning experience. It's even worse in uni sometimes with Lecturers and in the workplace as well. But you just have to learn to handle it and work your way around it (I am aware that it is easier said than done).

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks heaps :) Yeah I noticed them! I'll check it out thaaaannkkk yooooouuuu :D
:). My pleasure heh. I'm guessing people have high expectations of you??

HSC
That always is difficult, but think of it as a good life/learning experience. It's even worse in uni sometimes with Lecturers and in the workplace as well. But you just have to learn to handle it and work your way around it (I am aware that it is easier said than done).
That's true I try to stay positive and remind myself that there are many ways to get to where I want to get and whatever happens, happens :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)