Regrets (Tips for a year 11 soon to be in year 12) (1 Viewer)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
runescape is too easy now. Back when i was like 10, it took me like 2 whole months of solid grinding to get to level 70 and another 4 to get to level 100. back when i had the god zamarouk armour, shieeeet those were the days.
wanna fight at wildy or go mining or fishing on the island. i can mine rune and addy but need someone to smith it and g for me. i can fish up to shark but need assistance with cooking. PS i had my guthix god armor, i could take on the demons easy

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
wanna fight at wildy or go mining or fishing on the island. i can mine rune and addy but need someone to smith it and g for me. i can fish up to shark but need assistance with cooking. PS i had my guthix god armor, i could take on the demons easy
My Runescape days - 30 essence bots over 4-5 computers (pure essence - I got member for free :D), pking on my main which had many 99's and selling gold for IRL cash.

Pavberry

HSC
I would say my biggest regret was not doing more subjects that I actually liked compared to subjects I thought scaled well or were harder than I initially thought. If you do subjects that you enjoy and like and you can do well in them, that's better than getting 70's in subjects which you hate but scale well.

mr pappagiorgio

Premium Member
HSC
Yeh i was told that sooooooo many times before the year 11 subject selection. Makes sense, studying for a subject becomes so much more effective if you are genuinely interested in the material you are studying.

mr pappagiorgio

Premium Member
HSC
to be fair, you started it
Haha yes i asked how much time he spent playing it but it was a follow up question so that i knew how much time he spent during his HSC on other activities (as in how much time he didn't use studying) as that follows on from my original question - regrets. I wasn't asking so that people could generally discuss runescape.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yes but i asked how much time he spent playing it but it was a follow up question so that i knew how much time he spent during his HSC he spent playing it as that follows on from my original question. I wasn't asking so that people could generally discuss runescape.
k, lol

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Woooow take it easy buddy, i kicked the habit like 4 years ago when i use to play 8+ hours a day, dont make me go back haha

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it better to do 4u if you're topping 3u but risk losing ranks because of stress of 4u + 3u or should you just stay 3u and continue to top the class?
you should do 4u because is scales so well. generally the stuff you learn in 4u will help you in 3u but it does "take over your life" plus the 2u people at the bottom of the class tend to be not so good, unless if you go to james ruse

couldnt help but notice your signature. you only have 10 units for prelim. the minimum is 12

Last edited:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Did anyone here do more than 12 units? If so, did you regret it?

Focus is Key

HSC
Slacking on my English Extension 2 story until it was too late. Probably should have chosen a critical response instead, shouldn't have let the teacher/other people influence my choice. Also should have targeted English earlier on for improvement.

Obviously there's a couple of little things like not stuffing my Module B essay in the trials which severely dropped my confidence for the next task and not making silly mistakes in Maths but I'm happy with my assessment marks so far.

Last edited:

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
In prelim, I did 13 units. Our school has an accelerated Maths program that allows you to do 2u HSC in prelim, but as a safeguard our teacher made us do 2u religion so that we could drop if we wanted to at any time. Doing 13 units was very difficult especially balancing tasks. In the end I didn't care for religion and came 2nd last in the cohort, but ended up moving to catholic which was what I wanted anyway. In sum, don't to 13u+ spend the time on the other subjects

Focus is Key

HSC
I did 14 units during Prelim and didn't regret it. I am currently doing 13 for my HSC (but EE2 is over so it's really more like 12). I don't regret it but I think if my 13th unit was a different subject then I may have (i.e. 13 units of HSC exams to do vs 12).

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I did 14 units during Prelim and didn't regret it. I am currently doing 13 for my HSC (but EE2 is over so it's really more like 12). I don't regret it but I think if my 13th unit was a different subject then I may have (i.e. 13 units of HSC exams to do vs 12).
Yeah, pretty similar situation actually. I want to do 14 HSC units but one is Catholic Studies and another is EE2. Good to see it's possible at looking at the ranks in your sig it doesn't look like you're struggling ;)

@Shadow I've done 13 prelim units too, but I haven't found it too difficult to balance due to the fact that all of my subjects largely rely on skill/sense over study/rote learning and all tie in together quite nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)