Related Material in a Different Language (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
ishq said:
And anyway, any guy who would be willing to name himself ishq, fully knowing the meaning of the word, would have serious issues.
lol. Yes, I'm sure he will. I kept thinking "Is this a guy? From the posts it seems like it yet the name doesn't fit". Sorry about that! :)

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Kulazzi said:
Isn't there one similar to Iyer, where a Muslim girl loves the Hindu boy (or the other way around)??? It has Amrish Puri in it, I'm certain, I don't know the movie name.
I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Veer Zaara." Thats actually an alright text to do since it invloves a physical journey tied in with the ever-present love story. But I'm pretty sure it'd fall under a 'commercial film' because lets face it, they are the only movies which actually surface on a public scene. I havn't heard of _any_ of the texts you mentioned earlier though. *Victim of commecial films :rolleyes: *

hehe...more along the lines of 5 hrs - if you are like me and rely heavily on the subtitles - which are often wrong anyway.....
lol, my experiences exactly. I dont think I'd last i if I were to watch these movies in the theatres. I'm lucky to have a bed beside my comp so I can watch it on that. I actually got to the point of guessing where it ends, I failed miserably on several occasions. :(

lol. Yes, I'm sure he will. I kept thinking "Is this a guy? From the posts it seems like it yet the name doesn't fit". Sorry about that!
The 'gender' tab on the sidebar helped me clarify that one. ;)

ishq

brown?
HSC
Sepulchres said:
I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Veer Zaara." Thats actually an alright text to do since it invloves a physical journey tied in with the ever-present love story. But I'm pretty sure it'd fall under a 'commercial film' because lets face it, they are the only movies which actually surface on a public scene. I havn't heard of _any_ of the texts you mentioned earlier though. *Victim of commecial films :rolleyes: *

lol, my experiences exactly. I dont think I'd last i if I were to watch these movies in the theatres. I'm lucky to have a bed beside my comp so I can watch it on that. I actually got to the point of guessing where it ends, I failed miserably on several occasions. :(

The 'gender' tab on the sidebar helped me clarify that one. ;)
Veer-Zaara was a pain! I watched, i think, about 10 minutes of it, and gave up! It tried to portray something meaningful, but the topic had just been done too many times before, and better. It just had *star* value.

hehe..lol....Sepulchres, the gender tab came later...much later.....:D

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Almost all commercial indian films have the *star value*. Its just how this industry works generally speaking, which is not just narrowed down to indian films.

vas y molo

If the story is 'commercial' anyway, you shouldnt have a prolem with it, because generally people will know about the story.

for eg: my friend is doing a very long engagement. alot of people who dont like foreign films necessarily, have seen it, so that would be ok. but a text that isnt well known might be tough

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
be careful with translations, particularly on language techniques, because one can argue that meaning can be lost within translation.

the thing about amelie is that its a movie, and you don't have to limit yourself by being careful with what you say about language techniques and can talk about visual and sound techniques....

but go for it. Just be very selective in what you have to say :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)