Relationship between homeostatis and feedback?? (1 Viewer)

Vincania

HSC
Hi,

I'm really confused about this concept of "feedback". What my understanding of it is, homeostatis involves the detection and response of a CHANGE. The mechanism that brings about this change is referred to as feedback.

Is this correct?

Also, what does the statement "In Feedback, the response alters the stimulus" mean?

Thanks

Tasha270494

HSC
Homeostasis is a TYPE of feedback mechanism.

Basically, a feedback mechanism is "a reaction to a change"
There are two types;
- Negative feedback mechanism: It counteracts any change to remain in stable state (homeostasis)
- Positive feedback mechanism: It will encourage the change even more (bushfires) - I don't think you really need to know this.

And that statement is a little vague.. maybe it means that the response will alter the effect of the stimulus - that is, counteract it to maintain homeostasis?

HSC
Homeostasis is a TYPE of feedback mechanism.

Basically, a feedback mechanism is "a reaction to a change"
There are two types;
- Negative feedback mechanism: It counteracts any change to remain in stable state (homeostasis)
- Positive feedback mechanism: It will encourage the change even more (bushfires) - I don't think you really need to know this.

And that statement is a little vague.. maybe it means that the response will alter the effect of the stimulus - that is, counteract it to maintain homeostasis?
pretty much this

Vincania

HSC
Ah okay I understand now.
I got my teacher to explain it to me and she went all over the place and confused me a bit more..

Thanks heaps.

Boonyak

HSC
Ah okay I understand now.
I got my teacher to explain it to me and she went all over the place and confused me a bit more..

Thanks heaps.
Self-Learning is the way for bio, teachers jst fk you up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)