Relationships with Friends (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
ahaha....nobody here, (kids excuzed) my age sees a relationship for a beginning of something that may move to commitment, cuz if yas did there would be more sacrifices made by both sides...all u sex crazed....!

P Plater

HSC
Nashie said:
Ok.. I feel really pathetic posting a thread here, but neway!

This girls and I have been really good friends for almost 3 years now and now she is interestd in more, I made the suggestion a few times before but she has always been definatly "it will ruin our friendship" and now that she is finally interested it is feeling very weird when we go to do anything remotely "couplish" (ie. kiss, etc....) because we have been friends for so long!

Help, suggestions please!
ask her out?

dopeydreamer

HSC
basically after making so many attempts to put yiur relationship to the next level with her shutting yiu down, yiu now see her as a friend and only a friend. yiu think yiu have feelings for her but yiu have to really sit there and ask yourself . do yiu..? yiu may just think yiu do because she is such a close friend and yiu can talk to her. there has to be physical attraction. if theres no sparkles when yiu do couplish things then i doubt it would last very long. think carefully cos yiu dont want to get serious and have everything fall apart. this isnt just anybody this is your friend. in my experience - very difficult mix if yiur already having doubts.

kido525

HSC
well isnt it from friendship which leads to a deeper relationship with someone as u both know each other and are comfortable to express ur feelings to one another rather then meeting some random for like 1 day and asking her out the next this maybe relates to bar situations just my thought . Relationship with friends is maybe the best way to form a good bf/gf rleationship i guess well thats my opinion

Collin

HSC
N/A
The 'It'll ruin the friendship' thing makes intuitive sense, but on a practical level it's bullshit. If they're legitimately interested in you, they won't give a stuff.

niteshade1312

HSC
It doesn't work, I've been in that situation. But I chose friendship and we are still really close!

macoboi

HSC
..:::LoZzA:::.. said:
Its not really the English, its just the spelling of YOU. What's with that anyways?
i think you'll find our mate spells you, yiu, to be pronounced yi-oo. my brother just explained this too me, meaning this dude has the maturity of a 13 yr old.

either that, or him and my brother are the 'raddest dudes' on the planet, and everyone else is struggling to keep up.

or it could be the simple fact that 'i' and 'o' are right next to each other, and dopey has fat fingers

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
No! Bad! Starting relationship with close friend = no go.

I learned from experience. Losing a partner + a friend is much much worse than losing just a pratner.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
it's a no go if you break up, but what if you don't break up? maybe they will be together with you in the future until the end etc, you need to take a risk either way.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
haha, maybe they will get married :D but really i don't see the point of going into a relationship if you don't see anything for the future, sure some girls/guys like sex, but if they want that they don't need a relationship at all :S

PLURFECT!

HSC
Komaticom said:
The shorter you've known the friend, the more likely-hood of the relationship working out?

Discuss in relation to 2 addition texts of your own choosing.
Well i found it funny... :rofl:

Carnivour

HSC
Komaticom said:
The shorter you've known the friend, the more likely-hood of the relationship working out?
Never truer words spoken. I've never been sexually attracted to someone who I've been friends with. Its not about me fearing that "I wil ruin the friendship", its just that the ones that I fall for the hardest are the ones it only takes one glance, one meeting of the eyes for me to know I will go crazy about him. :eek:

veridis

droog
HSC
if you cant manage to stay friends with someone after the breakup you can hardly be that close. for about 2 or 3 years i kept going back to this one chick who i'd been close friends with for about 18 months prior to that, when at the end i finally told myself(and her) that it was all too much effort and pain sure it was odd for a few weeks while the feelings were still there but you move on and now we're just as close as ever. its all about being honest, if you break it off without resolving anything then of course you're going to ruin the friendship, you've lost whatever connection and openess you had as close friends. but if you are honest with each other and yourself then you'll know that you have no choice but to go for it while the passions there and if it doesnt work out you'll be fine.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Yes, the saga has come to an end.. I finally think I realised it was not worth the stress and awkwardness that I was feel and I realised I could not "make my move" because I did not like her in that way, after liking her for 2 years before she decides she likes me, I decide I don't like her... ironic huh?

Thankyou for the advice, the speeling tips were especially helpful!

Kirill

HSC
N/A
You're welcome.

Even though I didn't post anything.

Marky24

HSC
I've been in the same situation .. but I realised it would ruin my friendship with her .. so I supressed the feelings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)