• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i was born into a christian family but was not christened. my parents wanted me to have a choice but then i thought that was a subtle way of making me want to be a christian and think i had a choice but then as i have got older (and since i have always been very stubborn and opinionated) ive realised thats what i do believe in. i went through a long questioning stage but deep down i know its real for me.

milad ghasemzad

I'm a muslim. because Islam is the last chapter in Abrahamic monotheism; and it makes perfect sense. It also has without a doubt the firmist moral standing of all faiths.

see you all on judgement day.

~Dreamer

HSC
milad_g said:
I'm a muslim. because Islam is the last chapter in Abrahamic monotheism; and it makes perfect sense. It also has without a doubt the firmist moral standing of all faiths.

see you all on judgement day.
yes.... allowing a man to marry up to four women, high moral standing indeed.

and in the chapter sura2:256 it reads 'kill those who join other gods' one that some extremists take literaly shows very firm moral standings.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
~Dreamer said:
yes.... allowing a man to marry up to four women, high moral standing indeed.

and in the chapter sura2:256 it reads 'kill those who join other gods' one that some extremists take literaly shows very firm moral standings.
um where do u get ur sources from
it doenst say that..
dont take it out of context
yeah we can marry 4 wives(well the men can)
but have u looked into it
do you know why..?
you should try understand it

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
~Dreamer said:
it actually reads...2.256 . There is no compulsion in religion . The right direction is henceforth distinct from error . And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm hand hold which will never break . Allah is Hearer , Knower .

now where does it say kill those who join other gods..?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
soha said:
it actually reads...2.256 . There is no compulsion in religion . The right direction is henceforth distinct from error . And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm hand hold which will never break . Allah is Hearer , Knower .

Allahu akbar, just shows how many people speak out of ignorance without knowledge. its important that before someone desides to attempt to act smart that they actually refer to their sources and read them not just make them up. Thanx soha for the time u took, to expose the truth and forbid the false.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
soha said:

well still the guy that first posted should say in HIS OPINION it holds the highest moral standing .. otherwise the argument is open to anyone...

alien

HSC
Ozz^E said:
Im a Muslim (one who submits to God). Islam (submission), therefore, is my way of life.
Theres no other system/ideology/way of life out there that:
- is more in harmony with human nature;
i fully respect your beliefs as a Muslim (alot of my friends are Muslim) but do you really wanna be in harmony with human nature? i mean, some aspects of human nature aren't too good. like it's human nature to lust after someone and not control it. like being a rapist is part of human nature. and revenge is part of human nature too.
i guess it depends what you define human nature. but don't you think some aspects of human nature need to be overcome?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Seraph said:
well still the guy that first posted should say in HIS OPINION it holds the highest moral standing .. otherwise the argument is open to anyone...
its obvious its his opinion..
i was just showing what the sura 2.256 really said..??

and in actual fact it does hold the highest moral standing
if you read it or know much about it
then you will understand

Last edited:

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
I am a Muslim and proud of it too :) why? cuz I've found dat Islam is de only religion in de world dat actually endorses God to be an Almighty Unique Entity, not some human who can have sons or some deity that is man-made. No one has seen Allah (de Islamic God) not even de Prophets....dis makes sense bcoz how can 350 billions galaxies in de world can be created by a man-made god who was actually created by man himself?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
mz_purfect said:
I am a Muslim and proud of it too :) why? cuz I've found dat Islam is de only religion in de world dat actually endorses God to be an Almighty Unique Entity, not some human who can have sons or some deity that is man-made. No one has seen Allah (de Islamic God) not even de Prophets....dis makes sense bcoz how can 350 billions galaxies in de world can be created by a man-made god who was actually created by man himself?
have you heard of judaism?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah judiasm worships one God...etc
however they have different religious practices
that dont seem right to me...
and its hard to convert to judiasm
they dont make it easy...do u know any jewish converts?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ezzy85 said:
have you heard of judaism?
islam perfects both christainity and judaism......and yeh ive noticed alot of ppl quoting from out of nowhere......esp in the "does god exist thread".......plz dont insult islam and the holy koran by making up ur own quotes....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
does anyone know why its allowed for a man to marry four wives........no coz u only look at that and say geez wat a fucked religion...........the koran was written thousands of years ago during a time when women outnumbered men greatly due to war.....therefore it was written in the koran that a man can marry four so that these women, often with young children and now no source of income would not have to beg or become prostitutes to raise their kids.........however today no body really marries 4 or 3 or evn 2..........it also says in the koran its hard for a guy to marry evn 2 coz he has to do everything equal.......like if he buys one wife clothes he has to buy the other one a set two....etc etc.......so go get stuffed u ignorant person and dont accuse islam of having no morals when u obviously know nothing.....

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
soha said:
yeah judiasm worships one God...etc
however they have different religious practices
that dont seem right to me...
and its hard to convert to judiasm
they dont make it easy...do u know any jewish converts?
i know a few converts, but youre right. its hard to convert. takes around a year. but if youre committed enough to want to convert to anything, the difficulty of doing so shouldnt be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)