• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

Igor

HSC
N/A
*religion*, i believe isn't important. (i have posted here, and I am Jewish, but not orthodox, quite liberal- i eat pork etc etc) Faith, however is important. if you believe there is a G-d, or any kind of higher being, and you want there to be a power that knows you exist, then having whatever religious affiliation is no consequence. I know people who go to a Synangogue every week, strictly abide by the Sabbath and all of the 613 misvot but still have trouble accepting their idea of G-d in themselves.
"to be at all is to be religious more or less." Samuel Burton
and another, more interesting quote, "I don't know wether there are G-ds, but there ought to be." Diogenes (the cynic)

firehose

HSC
hey all, I'm a Christian (Evangelical Protestant variant)..... and i believe coz knowing Jesus is the best thing that can happen to u :uhhuh:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
what do you mean by "knowing jesus"? im confused. is that like reading about him in the bible?

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
ezzy85 said:
what do you mean by "knowing jesus"? im confused. is that like reading about him in the bible?
well i sometimes say to my friends that personally i find that 'knowing' Allah (god) is the most amazing experience and feeling I have ever had and this experience is a trillion times better than excelling in your HSC or achieving any other material want. It doesnt mean 'knowing' Him in the normal context of the word, as 'knowing' Him is beyond any human comprehension. But for me it means that when i 'know' Him, i feel Him, inside my heart. And I know that He's there not only during the good times but also the bad times. It's as if you will never feel lonely again. Because you've got Him. The best Friend a human can ever have.Its definitely an overwhelming experience :) Yes, Im in LOVE with faith.

firehose

HSC
mz_purfect said:
well i sometimes say to my friends that personally i find that 'knowing' Allah (god) is the most amazing experience and feeling I have ever had and this experience is a trillion times better than excelling in your HSC or achieving any other material want. It doesnt mean 'knowing' Him in the normal context of the word, as 'knowing' Him is beyond any human comprehension. But for me it means that when i 'know' Him, i feel Him, inside my heart. And I know that He's there not only during the good times but also the bad times. It's as if you will never feel lonely again. Because you've got Him. The best Friend a human can ever have.Its definitely an overwhelming experience :) Yes, Im in LOVE with faith.

yup mz_purfect had it very much spot on...
i guess it really is very true when the whole concept really takes you over and you see a whole new perspective on life..... that earthly things (like the HSC!) aren't matters of life and death...

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
I am a self-believer, my confidence is in myself

i do not dignify my existance by any god. I believe in evolution , i guess im scientifically minded, i believe in cause and effect.....

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
I am a self-believer, my confidence is in myself

i do not dignify my existance by any god. I believe in evolution , i guess im scientifically minded, i believe in cause and effect.....
lol so do i, but i also beleive in god.

no offence but the bible has too many errors for it to be incessantly used as a source of evidence.

god created science.

roadcone

HSC
im a christian, roman catholic to be precise, im not a regular church goer.. basically only go whenever school takes us... its kinda just there <-- like my religion

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
dark_angel said:
lol so do i, but i also beleive in god.

no offence but the bible has too many errors for it to be incessantly used as a source of evidence.

god created science.
whatever floats your boat

Kulazzi

HSC
wrx said:
sikhism zindabad
are you sikh??? That never really crossed my mind. All the paki supporters were saying that at the cricket match on sunday (Pakistan zindabad, supa power supa power, paki power paki power) and yeah, I think everyone knows what the end result turned out to be.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I'm a Jew racially but not religiously, i eat pork (probly more than other meats), i never go 2 synagogue, but i'm sick of anti-Semitic violence by muslims who just expect that we are the children of evil and that we control the worlds banks when i don't even really give a fuck who has money and i have no involvement with the israel-palestine dispute in any way and its bullshit that they should be arguing which religion is better and attack on both sides.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ihavenothing said:
I'm a Jew racially but not religiously, i eat pork (probly more than other meats), i never go 2 synagogue, but i'm sick of anti-Semitic violence by muslims who just expect that we are the children of evil and that we control the worlds banks when i don't even really give a fuck who has money and i have no involvement with the israel-palestine dispute in any way and its bullshit that they should be arguing which religion is better and attack on both sides.
anti semetic violence by muslims...
im muslim
and i dont expect you are the children of evil
yes you do actually control the worlds banks
maybe not you..but its jewish owned..
and i have no involvement with the israeli palestinian dispute
and its not arguing about which religon is better
its fighting for their land..
and it stems from religon..
and my best friend is jewish..probably about as jewish as you..

firehose

HSC
Not to be ill-willing or anything like that but the Israel-Palestine conflict will never be settled when the two opposing sides have only their own interests in mind. what needs to be done is to create harmony (maybe that should start with the end of oppressive Israeli army practices towards the Palestinian people, then maybe, JUST maybe, Hamas and other radical organizations may change their tune) through inter-faith action and appeals for peace. It would be sad to see the nation carved up along religious lines, much more ideal for a joint Israeli-Palestinian state, but at the way it's going such wishes are far-fetched.

Hey do Jews really control the world's banks? Imo Arab royal-family states (ie. Saudi Arabia) are of equal or greater concern. How can Muslims complain about not being accepted into other countries when in countries like Saudi Arabia even practising let along preaching other religions is a punishable crime??

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
firehose said:
How can Muslims complain about not being accepted into other countries when in countries like Saudi Arabia even practising let along preaching other religions is a punishable crime??
because in countries like that they use the quran as their book of laws...the whole constitution is based on the quran...therefore if u go to their country expect their laws....plus u dont have to change ur religion if ur in a muslim country, u just cant preach it..but u can practice it......here in australia and most other western countries there is no law that forbides muslims to practice their religion or preach it and so they should be allowed....

eg: in saudi arabia it is a law that all women must wear head scarves...so if westerners arent happy with that law then they shouldnt go to saudia arabia...

ppl dont understand that this is the countries LAW and they can do as they please....they arent doing it for fun or to discriminate but its a muslim country with muslim laws.....

waterfowl

HSC
DaddyK said:
I'm "christian" but i dont beleive in that bullshit, i want to be buddhism. I hate being christian, its like being branded punk.
If you don't want to be a Christian, then you're not. It's not hereditary!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
Buddhism isn't a religion; it's a way of living. Huge difference. If someone has already said this, then props to them.
islam is a way of life
a way of living..rules..guidelines
and a religon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)