Remembering Essays.. (1 Viewer)

shantu1992

HSC
how long do you guys think it would take to learn a 7 page essay off-by-heart
how long does it take most of you to remember an essay ?
and what are your techniques used to do so..

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
i don't usually memorise my essays

why would you? memorise points/quotes/techniques and you're set

diametric

HSC
Sentence by sentence, then paragraph by paragraph. Writing down what you've memorised as you go along will also help.

I think memorising an essay that answers the rubric is the key to the English HSC. And, uh, why is your extension 1 essay only 7 pages?

Shouldn't it be well in the vicinity of 12-15 handwritten pages?

dp624

HSC
Oh man, i really sucked at remembering essays. Some of my friends only needed to read them over 2/3 times and they got it.
It took me about a week to remember all my eng adv extended responses (5 of em). I just read and read them... then wrote them out (first with reference) then later i'd try to without reference.

I think, in your mind, you should base it around the concept, rather than the actual words. I found that my creative writing was so much easier to memorise.

diametric

HSC
Sigh, so happy that all I have to remember this year is one story and one essay. I remember the hellish ordeal of 5 eng adv responses.

Ostentatious

jfK1c45g2f4Of56Eyd4f57cxZ
HSC
Just remember really good points of discussion, how to write a SEXY essay (it's never failed me) and attempt the essay first. Likewise, have several plot ideas for short stories that you can manipulate to fit the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)