Report alleges Chinese Govt harvesting body organs of political prisoners (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It's amusing that nearly every person in this thread has just automatically assumed that the Chinese are actually harvesting organs from prisoners.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
LOL that article mentioned India as well, why no comments about them? So its alrite for India but not China? :mad1:

BTW Where's the independent proof? Judging by their past history and continuing behaviour, anything writen by the Falun Gong is either completely fabricated shit smears or tall stories exaggerated to the stars.

While I do not agree that anyone should profit from executions, on the other hand, I personally think if someone was convicted of a capital offense, and the punishment was an execution for a serious crime, it would be justified to put those organs to good use, regardless of whether its given to a sick individual in need, or even sold on the market (where it will eventually reach an individual in need).

Like any free market issue, organs will always go to the highest bidder. Given the income disparity and the greed ingrained in most people, it is likely that there is widespread abuse of the transplantation process. From procurement, prioritisation and the actual act of transplantation + post-transplant recovery & shall we say, customer satisfacation.

Organ transplantation is but one of the many many social ills affecting a developing country. Any developing country. Whether it becomes a pretext to go against the government is a wholly different issue.

The CCP isn't perfect. The system is corrupt. There are vast areas that requires a lot of improvement and others that require a bit of gutting and complete over-hauling. That said, this government has at least earned itself the right to some additional time at reforming itself given the vast national improvements made over the past 20 years.

Nobody wants a return to instability with a post Soviet style implosion. And because these treacherous FLGs do not propose a viable alternative, and instead all they do is attack the PRC government with blatant lies and misinformation and instead promote retarded superstitons and an uneducated mentality for society. Out of the two, I know who I would rather have in power.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I think all australians should be forced to donate organs. If you have a problem with this story and you're not an organ doner - gtfo.
Argument about property rights, etc.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
It's all well and good that you're condemning the actions of the PRC (if they are harvesting organs), but what about those who go there for transplants? Chances are some of them will know or at have an idea of how they're getting their organs. Australia charges people for performing certain acts overseas (child sex tourism, money laundering, bribery of foreign officials etc). Why not charge people for getting such murderous operations? Or ensure everybody travelling overseas for transplant purposes (or even medicinal purposes) knows the risks of disease, as well as the moral implications of being resposible for somebody's death.

Don't just blame the authorities. Doctors and patients have a part to play in the alleged carnage.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
If only this utilitarian policy was adopted among more countries many more lives would be saved.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I think France makes it compulsory for all its citizens to be organ donors...

Anyway, back to the point, I believe the harvesting of organs from people, political prisoners or otherwise, is not OK.

Ethically it's just sick. You just kill off people who disagree with your views, which is totally undemmocratic, then you cut them open and sell their guts. And who knows where've they been? It could have AIDS or something. OK, maybe i wrote that in a completely biased way, but that's how i see it.

Economically it could be a nightmare. If this practice is condoned it's quite possible for China, India, or other countries to make a roaring trade in organs, literally robbing people of their parts at gunpoint, and selling them to the highest bidder. People might even try to sneak in animal organs just to make a quick buck.

That said, this practice or organ harvesting has the potential to be really dangerous...

-P_D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
I think France makes it compulsory for all its citizens to be organ donors...

Anyway, back to the point, I believe the harvesting of organs from people, political prisoners or otherwise, is not OK.

Ethically it's just sick. You just kill off people who disagree with your views, which is totally undemmocratic, then you cut them open and sell their guts. And who knows where've they been? It could have AIDS or something. OK, maybe i wrote that in a completely biased way, but that's how i see it.

Economically it could be a nightmare. If this practice is condoned it's quite possible for China, India, or other countries to make a roaring trade in organs, literally robbing people of their parts at gunpoint, and selling them to the highest bidder. People might even try to sneak in animal organs just to make a quick buck.

That said, this practice or organ harvesting has the potential to be really dangerous...

-P_D
gee thats harsh... in india its mostly done to people who have knowledge of whats going on - but the public is starting realise the kind of corruption that goes on in the government and so these sort of things will come to an end in really soon in India.

As for China - basically i think they take the organs of prisoners who have the death penalty - personally if the death penalty is acceptable i dont see why this shouldnt be. Otherwise its just a waste, these organs could save a person's life at the cost of a criminal who was going die anyway.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
HotShot said:
As for China - basically i think they take the organs of prisoners who have the death penalty - personally if the death penalty is acceptable i dont see why this shouldnt be. Otherwise its just a waste, these organs could save a person's life at the cost of a criminal who was going die anyway.
Yes, but what kind of prisoners? People who voice their own opinions? People striving for a less corrupt, more democratic government? People who scare the crap out of the govt beacuse of some protesting (eg. falun gong)?

The problem is where to draw the line, maybe. Which prisoners deserve to die and get cut up to have their organs sold on the market? I, for one, would not want to be the person making that decision... which is a decision in itself.

The line is too crooked. Just discourage the practice totally.

-P_D

HotShot

-_-
HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Yes, but what kind of prisoners? People who voice their own opinions? People striving for a less corrupt, more democratic government? People who scare the crap out of the govt beacuse of some protesting (eg. falun gong)?

The problem is where to draw the line, maybe. Which prisoners deserve to die and get cut up to have their organs sold on the market? I, for one, would not want to be the person making that decision... which is a decision in itself.

The line is too crooked. Just discourage the practice totally.

-P_D
WHO cares they are prisoners? they got themselves into that situation and they are going to die might as well help someone.

You are arguing whether they should be prisoners are not. Well I dont care on that topic, but in terms of prisoner organ donation by all means - YES its a gud idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)