Representing polygon at an angle in 3D space with 2D shaded region on its x-y plane? (1 Viewer)

MineTurtle

HSC
Hi,

I've been working on a Simplex problem and would like to include a 3D graphical check where I graph the objective function (z=9x+7y) along with constraints (e.g. 10a+5b<=5010a+5b<=50, etc.) like this graph or page 2 of this pdf (so that I can visually confirm the solution as the highest point of the graph (in the z-direction): However on the various graphing software I have used so far, I can graph the objective function but I have to somehow represent the constraints in either Cartesian (z=f(x,y)z=f(x,y)) or Parametric (x,y,z)=f(u,v)(x,y,z)=f(u,v) form and although I have attempted to learn how this works, every time I try to enter the constraints, they don't appear with the 3D graph. I also cannot limit the objective function with linear constraints to form a polygon. Here is my attempt at graphing both the objecive function (shown in purple) with constraints (transparent pink): http://imgur.com/FJLOmPA but I have graphed the linear constraints as planes when they're meant to be flat on the x-y plane.

Any help or insight on how to represent 2D functions on a 3D plane or recommended free software that allows me to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-MineTurtle :)

MineTurtle

HSC
Re: Representing polygon at an angle in 3D space with 2D shaded region on its x-y pla

It's all good, I've already received help on this :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)