Republican Primaries (2 Viewers)

Lewis H

HSC
Iv been running a blog, this is my take on it. battleground.blogspot.com

Pizza businessman Herman cain has ended his... lets just say interesting campaign. He soared above several candidates at the the official Republican debate in South Carolina. Republicans saw Cain as a breath of fresh air, an outsider who never dipped his toes into run for federal office. He was the anti-establishment, Washington outsider. Just the sort candidate who could thrive in this political climate. As he saw the dominoes of Tim Pawlenty fall and Rick Perry self-destruct, Cain became November's flavour of the month. However with his departure, Gingrich has risen to become the lead candidate, the Anti-Romney. Well and truly, Gingrich's campaign is experiencing its twilight. Just like Romney, he's been consistent in his campaign and produced some solid debate performances. However, on Gingrich's side is the fact that nobody has tried to throw a punch at him. For example, we saw Perry execute an almighty effort to destabilise Romney on the Former Governor's ''hiring'' of illegal immigrants. Yes, it was an almighty effort by Perry, though the execution was anotehr story. The thing is that Gingrich hasnt faced up to those punches, has been able go down the safe path with nobody trying to push him over. With the other GOP candidates all falling around him, you could say its no surprise. However, the challenge now exists for Gingrich to stay atop the field. With only a month to go till the Iowa Caucuses, the other candidates will show no mercy by trying to bring down Gingrich. We may have already seen the beginning, with Michele Bachmann (Bah! that single l in her name always trhows me off) acussing the former speaker of amnesty in his pledge to throw out some illegal immigrants and let others stay.

With the endorsement of the Union paper in New Hampshire, Gingrich is atop the field in New Hampshire, the one state that Romney's campaign have been bullish about. Romney NEEDS to win New Hampshire. This is his state, this is the state that best fits his mould. Romney losing New Hampshire in 2008 essentially ended his hopes of winning the nomination. If the polls continur in the state as they are, this could become a huge problem for Romney because momentum is the key. Iowa isnt a strong state for Romney however he’s consistently been polling in the top 3 in the state. The belief has always been that Romney can finish 2nd or 3rd in Iowa, win New Hampshire and be the frontrunner for the important Florida primary and hence the nomination. New Hampshire has been his firewall. However, if polls continue to show Gingrich ahead in New Hampshire, Romneys only chance may well be to win in Iowa to get the momentum he needs to win the follwing states, which will be an almightily tough ask.
You could say that Romney need not worry because he’s been behind in the nationwide polls on a regular basis to each month’s lead Anti-Romney (theres been at least 3 lead Anti-Romneys in the past 6 months or so) only to see them perish as they pressed the self destruct button. But that’s the thing, Romney has been reliant on each months lead Anti-Romney candidate to press that self destruct button. Perry and Cain are poor debaters on the national stage and you could say that they were always going to press that self destruct button, which is why Romney’s campaign never panicked even though they were being beaten in the polls. However, Gingrich is one of the Republican’s most skilled and experienced debaters, and you would be extremely naive to assume or even think that Gingrich will also press the self destruct button. And with Gingrich polling well in an essential state for Romney, you can bet that there’ll be some timid people in the Romney campaign right now. With just over a month to go, Romney may well need something very favourable to go his way, or for Gingrich to self-destruct. Only time will tell... The great thing for us is that its not much time to wait for!!!

Lewis H

HSC
Iv been running a blog, this is my take on it. battleground.blogspot.com

Pizza businessman Herman cain has ended his... lets just say interesting campaign. He soared above several candidates at the the official Republican debate in South Carolina. Republicans saw Cain as a breath of fresh air, an outsider who never dipped his toes into run for federal office. He was the anti-establishment, Washington outsider. Just the sort candidate who could thrive in this political climate. As he saw the dominoes of Tim Pawlenty fall and Rick Perry self-destruct, Cain became November's flavour of the month. However with his departure, Gingrich has risen to become the lead candidate, the Anti-Romney. Well and truly, Gingrich's campaign is experiencing its twilight. Just like Romney, he's been consistent in his campaign and produced some solid debate performances. However, on Gingrich's side is the fact that nobody has tried to throw a punch at him. For example, we saw Perry execute an almighty effort to destabilise Romney on the Former Governor's ''hiring'' of illegal immigrants. Yes, it was an almighty effort by Perry, though the execution was anotehr story. The thing is that Gingrich hasnt faced up to those punches, has been able go down the safe path with nobody trying to push him over. With the other GOP candidates all falling around him, you could say its no surprise. However, the challenge now exists for Gingrich to stay atop the field. With only a month to go till the Iowa Caucuses, the other candidates will show no mercy by trying to bring down Gingrich. We may have already seen the beginning, with Michele Bachmann (Bah! that single l in her name always trhows me off) acussing the former speaker of amnesty in his pledge to throw out some illegal immigrants and let others stay.

With the endorsement of the Union paper in New Hampshire, Gingrich is atop the field in New Hampshire, the one state that Romney's campaign have been bullish about. Romney NEEDS to win New Hampshire. This is his state, this is the state that best fits his mould. Romney losing New Hampshire in 2008 essentially ended his hopes of winning the nomination. If the polls continur in the state as they are, this could become a huge problem for Romney because momentum is the key. Iowa isnt a strong state for Romney however he’s consistently been polling in the top 3 in the state. The belief has always been that Romney can finish 2nd or 3rd in Iowa, win New Hampshire and be the frontrunner for the important Florida primary and hence the nomination. New Hampshire has been his firewall. However, if polls continue to show Gingrich ahead in New Hampshire, Romneys only chance may well be to win in Iowa to get the momentum he needs to win the follwing states, which will be an almightily tough ask.
You could say that Romney need not worry because he’s been behind in the nationwide polls on a regular basis to each month’s lead Anti-Romney (theres been at least 3 lead Anti-Romneys in the past 6 months or so) only to see them perish as they pressed the self destruct button. But that’s the thing, Romney has been reliant on each months lead Anti-Romney candidate to press that self destruct button. Perry and Cain are poor debaters on the national stage and you could say that they were always going to press that self destruct button, which is why Romney’s campaign never panicked even though they were being beaten in the polls. However, Gingrich is one of the Republican’s most skilled and experienced debaters, and you would be extremely naive to assume or even think that Gingrich will also press the self destruct button. And with Gingrich polling well in an essential state for Romney, you can bet that there’ll be some timid people in the Romney campaign right now. With just over a month to go, Romney may well need something very favourable to go his way, or for Gingrich to self-destruct. Only time will tell... The great thing for us is that its not much time to wait for!!!

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
your blog has no original content, and isn't an enlightening synthesis of expert opinions. why did you bother?

amateur hour

Last edited:

Lewis H

HSC
Well we had the GOP debate this morning, Aus time. It was meant to be Romney swinging at Gingrich but instead it was Bachmann + Santorum swinging at both Gingrich and Romney i.e Newt Romney. And it may have worked, because ABC news did a poll and found that 70% voters wanted know more about Bachmann's allegations- that Gingrich voiced his support for universal healthcare. But Gingrich did a decent job of holding himself up. Nobody really lost out in the debate, however its a loss for Romney because he needed a gain. Gingrich will be happy where he is and Bachmann + Santorum will hope they get a boost in the polls from their attacks. Theres no reason not to believe that Bachmann + Santorum will get a small bump, because the difficiences of Gingrich and Romney were exposed, not that of Bachmann + Santorum.

I think the next Iowa poll will show-

Gingrich 30% (steady)
Romney 18% (down slightly)
Paul 14% (down slightly
Bachmann 12% (up)
Perry 6% (steady)
Santorum 6% (up)
UND/OTH 24% (down)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
le wish, you still havent said anything. how about backing off the political ESPN play-by-play breakdown and give us some original content. like how romney is a flip flopping mormon and what this means

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
le wish, you still havent said anything. how about backing off the political ESPN play-by-play breakdown and give us some original content. like how romney is a flip flopping mormon and what this means
i hear he fucks each of his 10 wives

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
mister romney. as a mormon admitted to the temple, you believe that when you die, you will hang out with God and Jesus and Joseph Smith in Celestial Heaven. in sharing in their power, you too will become a god and rule over your own universe.

it is possible you will die during your presidency. therefore, how does this inform your policy regarding job creation?

boom

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
lol does anybody actually have anything original to say on tumblr at all or do they just recycle/c+p quotes and images from elsewhere

or is the latter the ACTUAL point of tumblr

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I thought tumblr was where hipster dushes jizzed out all there non-conformity and 'originality' in one giant cesspool of 'oh look at me, I'm so fucking special, I can operate a camera and Photoshop'

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
ermember myspace

creepiest website in the world now

just go over there its like strolling through the cyberspace equivalent of prypiat, ukraine

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
i can't actually

hi I'll make reference to the fact that i'm a CLASSICAL LIBERAL every second post

oh btw here's a bunch of retarded social justice bullshit

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
i can't actually

hi I'll make reference to the fact that i'm a CLASSICAL LIBERAL every second post

oh btw here's a bunch of retarded social justice bullshit

mine is just pictures of things and occasional sprays on politicians/politics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)