Republican Primaries (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Romney well on his way to winning, after winning Illinois. In fairness, I don't know why the Republicans even think they have a shot of winning Illinois....

delian

HSC
N/A
Romney has massive financial support. I agree that he is on track to win.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Romney has massive financial support. I agree that he is on track to win.
Basically if you have the money you will win.

Money buys polls, money buys support.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Obama will still be re-elected no matter who wins the Republican primary.

Lentern

HSC
Just through $10 on Republicans to win the general election, largely out of frustration at the Obama wankfest. In earnest I think Obama will win, but narrowly and I won't be shocked if he loses. No money to be made betting on democrats though.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Just looking briefly, Sportsbet has Republicans winning 2012 general election at $2.50, Democrats at $1.30. I wouldn't take either, the Democrats are too juiced for what they should be, while the Republicans are under value.

Lentern

HSC
Just looking briefly, Sportsbet has Republicans winning 2012 general election at $2.50, Democrats at $1.30. I wouldn't take either, the Democrats are too juiced for what they should be, while the Republicans are under value.
Have you ever bet on politics where you thought the odds were good? Best odds I ever saw were 4.50 for the liberals to win the Victorian election. Barry O'farrell at 1.50 to be the Liberal Leader at the next election is generous too I reckon. Robertson only paying 1.40 is insane.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Have you ever bet on politics where you thought the odds were good? Best odds I ever saw were 4.50 for the liberals to win the Victorian election. Barry O'farrell at 1.50 to be the Liberal Leader at the next election is generous too I reckon. Robertson only paying 1.40 is insane.
No. Politics would typically be long future wagers (i.e. Obama to be re-elected or Abbott to win the next election). I don't like these. I prefer short (max 2 weeks or so) wagers where you have more liquidity and less roll tied up in long term futures.

O'Farrel @ 1.50 is probably a safe wager. Although that is a future of 2 to 3 years. Way too long time wise for odds of only $1.50. For futures you would want odds > $5 at least (unlikely to happen in politics though).

John Robertson is an idiot. All he ever has to talk about is the number of shootings in Western Sydney since O'Farrel became premier. It is not O'Farrels fault in even the slightest really. $1.40 is massive unders for Robertson.

Lentern

HSC
No. Politics would typically be long future wagers (i.e. Obama to be re-elected or Abbott to win the next election). I don't like these. I prefer short (max 2 weeks or so) wagers where you have more liquidity and less roll tied up in long term futures.

O'Farrel @ 1.50 is probably a safe wager. Although that is a future of 2 to 3 years. Way too long time wise for odds of only $1.50. For futures you would want odds > $5 at least (unlikely to happen in politics though).

John Robertson is an idiot. All he ever has to talk about is the number of shootings in Western Sydney since O'Farrel became premier. It is not O'Farrels fault in even the slightest really. $1.40 is massive unders for Robertson.
Forgive me I forgot, you're an idiot.

Annihilist

HSC
according to the political compass thread you're a commo-facist

why would you want ron paul.
Not sure if you are talking to me. Ron Paul is the exact opposite of a "commo-fascist". If you are using the Political Compass as a reference then I assume a "commo-fascist" refers to an Authoritarian Communist, such as Stalin. I am far from fascist, I despise the idea of fascism and reject all practices of it.

As for Ron Paul, he is the least fascist presidential candidate. He advocates two things I strongly support:

One is the withdrawal of government regulations over people's private lives. I think that is something we should all support. No brainer. What right has any government got to control the choices we make in our personal lives?

The second is his criticism of US foreign policy. He advocates withdrawing all US troops from foreign nations. With the nature of US foreign policy this must be done. I support him 100% on this issue.

Ron Paul is one of those guys who belongs to a party but doesn't "toe the party line at all costs", like most politicians. These people are rare. Malcolm Turnbull is another one of them. He stands up for his individual beliefs and does not sacrifice his integrity for the sake of the collective party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)