• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Results countdown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidassembly

HSC
dp624 said:
No, it's a 6am. so 3 days 6 hrs 52 mins or so
Oh, I seriously didn't want to know that lol.

3 days... it feels completely unreal at this point.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lucidassembly said:

Out of interest - what course are you hoping to get into? What UAI do you need?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lucidassembly said:

hey hey hey, you! i just want to ask you something cuz this is annoys the shit out of me, what is your understanding of the meaning of the word 'lucid'?

lucidassembly

HSC
Wow, two questions at once :p
fallenstar said:
Out of interest - what course are you hoping to get into? What UAI do you need?
I'm hoping to do a Bachelor of Psych at MQ (which is 93.1). It was always a choice between UNSW and MQ (as I'm not too big a fan of USYD), but I ended up liking the sound and feel of MQ more :) Why do you ask?

-may-cat- said:
hey hey hey, you! i just want to ask you something cuz this is annoys the shit out of me, what is your understanding of the meaning of the word 'lucid'?
Haha an interesting question. I've always interpreted it as a kind of clarity. Like freedom without any boundaries, full of limitless possibilities. You know... that kind of thing lol. Of course, Dictionary.com has it as "easily understood; completely intelligible or comprehensible; characterized by clear perception or understanding" :rolleyes:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lucidassembly said:
Wow, two questions at once :p
I'm hoping to do a Bachelor of Psych at MQ (which is 93.1). It was always a choice between UNSW and MQ (as I'm not too big a fan of USYD), but I ended up liking the sound and feel of MQ more :) Why do you ask?
Just interested to know what everyone wants to do :) Why not a fan of usyd? I'm so attracted to its beauty, its arts faculty and its location wooo <3

lucidassembly said:
Haha an interesting question. I've always interpreted it as a kind of clarity. Like freedom without any boundaries, full of limitless possibilities. You know... that kind of thing lol. Of course, Dictionary.com has it as "easily understood; completely intelligible or comprehensible; characterized by clear perception or understanding" :rolleyes:
me too. absolute clarity. sharpness.

lucidassembly

HSC
fallenstar said:
Just interested to know what everyone wants to do :) Why not a fan of usyd? I'm so attracted to its beauty, its arts faculty and its location wooo <3
Yeah, me too. It's kind of like the new version of school subject selections :p I don't really know specifically... while I love the architecture, I've always found the atmosphere (and people/lecturers I've met on open days) a little pretentious. It's always a little like "Sydney Uni - 98.5% of all Australian lawyers were grown within our walls" lol. I do love its location though! Do you want to study Arts there?

fallenstar said:
me too. absolute clarity. sharpness.
Exactly that :uhhuh:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lucidassembly said:
Yeah, me too. It's kind of like the new version of school subject selections :p I don't really know specifically... while I love the architecture, I've always found the atmosphere (and people/lecturers I've met on open days) a little pretentious. It's always a little like "Sydney Uni - 98.5% of all Australian lawyers were grown within our walls" lol. I do love its location though! Do you want to study Arts there?
Hahah some of the lecturers are SO elitist. Really pretentious. I find that a bit discouraging, but I'm sure most students aren't . I'm aiming to get into Advanced Arts there; it lets you do second-year subjects in the first year. I'm looking forward to the challenge :) can't wait. have you always wanted to study psych?

lucidassembly

HSC
fallenstar said:
Hahah some of the lecturers are SO elitist. Really pretentious. I find that a bit discouraging, but I'm sure most students aren't . I'm aiming to get into Advanced Arts there; it lets you do second-year subjects in the first year. I'm looking forward to the challenge :) can't wait. have you always wanted to study psych?
Haha yeah, the elitist thing is always a bit of a turn-off. I agree, I'm sure there would be lots of students who aren't like that. My cousin went to Sydney for several years and really loved it, so don't be too discouraged :)

Wow, Adv Arts would be awesome! I think I'd be a little too intimidated to take on an advanced course lol. How much is the UAI for your degree?

I was actually pretty set on Journalism at UTS for about 10 years haha. I think it took the impending doom of course selections to make me realise just how horrible I'd find it :p Psych was always in the background, so it kind of just came out on top. I'm so excited :D It's going to be absolute heaven finally being able to study things which we're truly interested and invested in.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lucidassembly said:
Haha yeah, the elitist thing is always a bit of a turn-off. I agree, I'm sure there would be lots of students who aren't like that. My cousin went to Sydney for several years and really loved it, so don't be too discouraged :)

Wow, Adv Arts would be awesome! I think I'd be a little too intimidated to take on an advanced course lol. How much is the UAI for your degree?

I was actually pretty set on Journalism at UTS for about 10 years haha. I think it took the impending doom of course selections to make me realise just how horrible I'd find it :p Psych was always in the background, so it kind of just came out on top. I'm so excited :D It's going to be absolute heaven finally being able to study things which we're truly interested and invested in.
EXACTLY, that encapsulates why I want to go to uni.
You're so right. I cannot wait :D
The UAI for Advanced Arts is 98.6, so fingers crossed for thurs. eek
I was a journalist for the local paper for ages and it's effing boring really. I have always wanted to be a writer but I realised Journalism wasn't for me. So now I'm going for academic writing/research in the field of Modern European History, Sociology/Gender studies...Ahhh bliss
Are you really stressed? Or just nervy at times? I get most stressed when people in the street say, "Ohhh big day coming up!" etc etc, it's like, "Thanks for reminding me!"

lucidassembly

HSC
fallenstar said:
EXACTLY, that encapsulates why I want to go to uni.
You're so right. I cannot wait :D
The UAI for Advanced Arts is 98.6, so fingers crossed for thurs. eek
I was a journalist for the local paper for ages and it's effing boring really. I have always wanted to be a writer but I realised Journalism wasn't for me. So now I'm going for academic writing/research in the field of Modern European History, Sociology/Gender studies...Ahhh bliss
Are you really stressed? Or just nervy at times? I get most stressed when people in the street say, "Ohhh big day coming up!" etc etc, it's like, "Thanks for reminding me!"
Good luck for Thursday! 98.6... wow lol. 98.5 was my original UAI aim, but I've been trying to lessen my hopes in case I get gigantically disappointed. I'd much rather expect 50, then be pleasantly surprised ;) Are you planning on taking a gap year by the way? I'm still undecided haha... I really have to hurry up.

I've heard quite a few people say that journalism is boring! While the idea of international journalism really interests me, I'm totally not right for the job. I'd rather hit myself repeatedly with a brick than pry into other people's lives haha. It'd just feel so intrusive! Then again, I suppose psych isn't too different lol.

Your plan sounds amazing! Scarily intellectual, but amazing :p The Modern European History pary would be especially interesting. I swear, two years of doing modern wasn't nearly enough! It was the one subject I found consistently engaging. I'd be lying if I said my inner nerd didn't secretly enjoy each of our assessments :rolleyes:

Ah, I've been pretty stressed of late. Every time anyone sees me, I get "Hey! So... it's the 17th right?" It's driving me nuts! The suspense is making me the most nervous though... I just want to get it over with. I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep lol.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
lucidassembly said:
Good luck for Thursday! 98.6... wow lol. 98.5 was my original UAI aim, but I've been trying to lessen my hopes in case I get gigantically disappointed. I'd much rather expect 50, then be pleasantly surprised ;) Are you planning on taking a gap year by the way? I'm still undecided haha... I really have to hurry up.

I've heard quite a few people say that journalism is boring! While the idea of international journalism really interests me, I'm totally not right for the job. I'd rather hit myself repeatedly with a brick than pry into other people's lives haha. It'd just feel so intrusive! Then again, I suppose psych isn't too different lol.
I was thinking about taking a gap year just to relax and recuperate from the hsc (haha makes it sound like a war of some description :p) but I've decided to go straight to uni next year. I'm bored out of my mind right now, but maybe that's because I'm waiting for the results. I think 5 months of holidays is enough for me though, I am so looking forward to going to uni, making new friends who are interested in what I'm interested in and all that. Plus I've heard stories about how taking a gap year often results in the loss of academic skills, so better go while it's all fresh (although the ability to write well is innate, I believe). Still, I think I would go crazy waiting any longer, I can't wait to study my passions on a deeper level.

Psych is sort of less intrusive than journalism, I think. It has the element of privacy and confidentiality while journalism puts people in the world's eye. Also psych is much more consensual. If you don't want it, you leave. So I think I'd prefer it too, over journo. Helping someone is much more rewarding than broadcasting their problems to the world.

lucidassembly said:
Your plan sounds amazing! Scarily intellectual, but amazing :p The Modern European History pary would be especially interesting. I swear, two years of doing modern wasn't nearly enough! It was the one subject I found consistently engaging. I'd be lying if I said my inner nerd didn't secretly enjoy each of our assessments :rolleyes:
WHYAREWENOTFRIENDS?!?

haha I LOVED Mod. and extension history. such great subjects. unfortunately for both the majority of my class was uninterested which drove me crazy. Here we were learning about Nazi Germany and people were falling asleep, chatting and all that jazz, while i was completely riveted. haha

lucidassembly said:
Ah, I've been pretty stressed of late. Every time anyone sees me, I get "Hey! So... it's the 17th right?" It's driving me nuts! The suspense is making me the most nervous though... I just want to get it over with. I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep lol.
I saw one of the teachers from my school today at a shopping centre and before she asked me how I was, she said, "Looking forward to Wednesday?" ha! I don't even know her; she didn't teach me. Hate when people bring it up, what do they think they'll achieve by talking about it more? We've spent years talking about it!
Aiming for sleep tonight, but I'm betting Monday/Tuesday nights I'll be wide awake...Wednesday night, if the results are good, I might be able to sleep better.
Here's hoping haha :p

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
why are there 2 seperate days?! does anyone know the reasoning?
can't we just all find out on the same day?

and why is the UAI at 9 am only? i mean ffs; i'll be up at like 6 or 7 in the morning just cringing, hoping that i get >96.25.

lou071

HSC
N/A
hsc mark which will be released on wed, is it scaled or not scaled mark?

dp624

HSC
lou071 said:
do students have access to raw hsc mark?
nope. but i'm going to request my script and self-mark it.

lou071

HSC
N/A
dp624 said:
nope. but i'm going to request my script and self-mark it.
can you request script? how?
i heard you will never get access to your paper

dp624

HSC
lou071 said:
can you request script? how?
i heard you will never get access to your paper
well it's been done before. i shall try to clarify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)