results on school certificate certificate? (1 Viewer)

vanhalen

HSC
ok so when you get the actual certificate, which marks appear on your school certificate for australian history/geography if each section was worth 50? according to the example sc certificate (http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/sc_portfolio/sc_rec_achieve_front.jpg), there's a mark of 74 for geography and 75 for history.. how does that work if each section is worth 50 marks each ? :S

those results are from the actual school certificate tests itself arent they, or are they an average of all the test results or ??? :S

Official

Bring it on
HSC
ok so when you get the actual certificate, which marks appear on your school certificate for australian history/geography if each section was worth 50? according to the example sc certificate (http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/schoolcertificate/sc_portfolio/sc_rec_achieve_front.jpg), there's a mark of 74 for geography and 75 for history.. how does that work if each section is worth 50 marks each ? :S

those results are from the actual school certificate tests itself arent they, or are they an average of all the test results or ??? :S
Well you see, the marks are aligned, so for instance, a 22/50 (44%) gets put on the SC paper as like 75. Check posts made by Cem on the SC section of the BOS forum.

chakibu

HSC
The mark out of 50 is doubled to give a mark out of 100 (percentage). It is then scaled up and may give an odd numbered result.

CecilyMare

HSC
We can/should tolerate stuttering irl but please, please, no need to carry it into the keyboard.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Well you see, the marks are aligned, so for instance, a 22/50 (44%) gets put on the SC paper as like 75. Check posts made by Cem on the SC section of the BOS forum.
Does the scaling get that extreme?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Yes it does infact.
That mark was what my friend estimated last year for school certificate. He ended up with 75.
He could of gone to a great school with really hard exams. I go to a bad school with average exams. Our trials were easier than the school certificate. I always thought they were meant to be harder.

EPIC FAIL. :shoot::cold:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
He could of gone to a great school with really hard exams. I go to a bad school with average exams. Our trials were easier than the school certificate. I always thought they were meant to be harder.

EPIC FAIL. :shoot::cold:
The mark is based purely on the SC examination I think, so the school has little relevance to the actual mark you get on the certificate. You do not recive an assessment mark from your school bu just a grade A, B, C, D or N

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
The mark is based purely on the SC examination I think, so the school has little relevance to the actual mark you get on the certificate. You do not recive an assessment mark from your school bu just a grade A, B, C, D or N
Really? You don't receive an assessment mark? EXCELLENT. I'd rather have my grades.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Really? You don't receive an assessment mark? EXCELLENT. I'd rather have my grades.
At least that's what happened when I did maths last year so I'm assuming it's the same for all subjects this year.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
lol in my school you get grades AND marks
school report is all internal anyway..its completely separate from the SC one

mirakon

nigga
HSC
lol in my school you get grades AND marks
school report is all internal anyway..its completely separate from the SC one
Yeah I think she's talking about the SC one, although you're right about internal school reporting.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
o
but ye
even for the SC you get a mark as well

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From the BOS you get a mark and a band for the external exam AND the grade that your school sent in based on your assessment marks. Attached to that grade there is no mark but...on your school reports you will probably get some form of mark, which may or may not have been the only thing used to determine the grade that you were awarded by your school. This is because the description of the grades also has to be considered so when awarding an A to a student who is borderline the school should look at the description of what an A student can do and decide if that student really is capable of all of that or not. Therefore it is possible for two students with identical assessment marks to get different grades as teachers 'professional judgement' comes into it and the BOS will always back the teacher and school with that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)