Results: Semester 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpr333

HSC
Erm I saw my transcript the other day, there is no weighting in cp's for absent fails, I am sure of it. Are you absolutely sure absent fails count? The absent fails are tangible, they appear on your transcript but I don't think they are included in the calc.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
AMME 3500 System Dynamics and Control 94 High Distinction
ELEC 2104 Electronic Devices and Basic Circuits 91 High Distinction
MATH 3974 Fluid Dynamics (Advanced) 92 High Distinction
PHYS 3940 Electromagnetism & Physics Lab (Adv) 87 High Distinction
PHYS 3957 Nanoscience/Thermodynamic/Biol.Phys(Adv) 85 High Distinction

Yay, finally got them back.

GPA: 6.98
WAM: 89.86

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
jpr333 said:
Erm I saw my transcript the other day, there is no weighting in cp's for absent fails, I am sure of it. Are you absolutely sure absent fails count? The absent fails are tangible, they appear on your transcript but I don't think they are included in the calc.
3. How is a WAM or SCIWAM calculated?

The formula used by the Faculty of Science is: ∑ (Wc x Mc)/ ∑Wc where Wc is the weighted credit point value (ie the product of the credit point value and level of weighting of 2 for 2000-2999 units of study and 3 for 3000-3999 units of study) and Mc is the mark out of 100 for that unit of study.

All units where a result has been recorded, including Discontinued Fail, Absent Fail and PCON (but not W or DNF) are included in the calculation.

emjayel

HSC
N/A
jpr333 said:
I asked at edfac today, and they said it does. Could be different for other faculties.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
AMME 3500 System Dynamics and Control 94 High Distinction
ELEC 2104 Electronic Devices and Basic Circuits 91 High Distinction
MATH 3974 Fluid Dynamics (Advanced) 92 High Distinction
PHYS 3940 Electromagnetism & Physics Lab (Adv) 87 High Distinction
PHYS 3957 Nanoscience/Thermodynamic/Biol.Phys(Adv) 85 High Distinction

Yay, finally got them back.

GPA: 6.98
WAM: 89.86
lolz. fag :(

what subject put your gpa down?

frootloop

HSC
Examination Results came in the mail today...

Parents are impossible. :burn: Sorry I didn't get all Ds and HDs last semester despite it being 'so easy'. :rolleyes: They're annoyed that my marks aren't good enough to brag about to friends and relatives. Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hey frootloop! Yeah, mine came in the mail today, but nothing changed from the web so yeah. About your parents--it is your marks after all. I have a feeling that though the content is interesting enough (and I'm determined enough to be organised this semester), I may still only end up getting what I did last semester--everyone seems to be even more interested than I am!

And for the more experienced--I thought they may have marked to a bellcurve last semester, and it seems this 'norm-referencing' marking mentioned in my BIOL1003 reader for this semester implies that. Is that true?

dora_18

HSC
My parents don't open my mail :p
not that i have anything to hide....

frootloop

HSC
dora_18 said:
My parents don't open my mail :p
not that i have anything to hide....
My parents don't open mine either... it's just that when I got it I told them what it was (because they asked) and it reminded them of my marks.

They already knew my marks anyway. They just didn't really say anything about them when I first told them.

My marks aren't that bad... 2 Ds, a C and a (high) P :eek:... they just expected more since first semester is supposed to be so easy.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i dont see why someone's first semester is easy. the same amount of people get hd's etc than any other semester. it's harder if anything, as you're adjusting to how university works.

dora_18

HSC
i dont see why someone's first semester is easy. the same amount of people get hd's etc than any other semester. it's harder if anything, as you're adjusting to how university works
exactly, thats what i thought too. I didn't do bad, but i expect to do better this semester:p that and the subjects are way more interesting

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
frootloop said:
Examination Results came in the mail today...

Parents are impossible. :burn: Sorry I didn't get all Ds and HDs last semester despite it being 'so easy'. :rolleyes: They're annoyed that my marks aren't good enough to brag about to friends and relatives. Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me.
I have to hide when I see family friends/relatives since now my parents told them my marks :(

HSC
...the marks that came in the mail and were posted on the internet are the total marks for the course aren't they? Or are they exclusively your exam results? :<

tennille

HSC
I'm so lucky that I have parents who don't really care about my marks (unless I fail). It's really sad to see that a lot of you have parents on your backs all the time. You got into uni and that's that. All you really need to do is pass, even if it's only a 50.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Mixed reaction from my parents--my mum was like, "What?!" when I told her I was one off a credit and one off a distinction, but my dad has been to uni and done that, so he was like, "good--you passed, and that's all you need, and as long as you don't need it for next semester, you don't need to care!" regarding maths, so I obviously am gonna be leaning more on my dad for support :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Tennille said:
I'm so lucky that I have parents who don't really care about my marks (unless I fail). It's really sad to see that a lot of you have parents on your backs all the time. You got into uni and that's that. All you really need to do is pass, even if it's only a 50.
yes but how far will you go in life if you only aim to pass everything and keep achieving the bare minimum? and also, you're not exactly going to be shortlisted on any graduate recruitment firm's lists after you finish your degree.
My parents were on my back (lolz having anal) all through school, however, during uni they stopped bothering me. Except during school I had shite marks and now that there's no pressure i get pwnage l33t markz

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
stazi said:
yes but how far will you go in life if you only aim to pass everything and keep achieving the bare minimum? and also, you're not exactly going to be shortlisted on any graduate recruitment firm's lists after you finish your degree.
My parents were on my back (lolz having anal) all through school, however, during uni they stopped bothering me. Except during school I had shite marks and now that there's no pressure i get pwnage l33t markz
I would tend to agree. Those who wish to just get a degree and pass aren't going to get the best jobs (if any) in their chosen industry.

Without experience, the only real testament to the amount a graduate has pushed him/herself is his/her marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)