boris2003

HSC
2 hours left,
mysr temporarily unavailable, damn.

Last edited:

boris2003

HSC
Results are up:

2009/SPR 200108 Contemporary Management Accounting COMPLETED D 75 10 2009/SPR 200109 Corporate Accounting Systems COMPLETED C 67 10 2009/SPR 200534 Accounting Information Systems COMPLETED P 61 10

Pretty good considering i thought i failed 2 units (CMA and AIS)

Last edited:

LatK7

HSC
Distributed Systems and Programming 84 D
Information Security 92 HD
Systems and Network Management 94 HD
Formal Software Engineering 96 HD

...wasn't expecting that

LatK7

HSC
Thanks. Seriously wasn't expecting anything higher than D's at most. Also, well done yourself!

Lara1986

HSC
2009/SPR 200015 Criminal Procedure and Evidence COMPLETED D 75 10 2009/SPR 200020 Professional Responsibility and Legal Ethics COMPLETED D 81 10 2009/SPR 200279 Professional Legal Skills 2 COMPLETED C 71 10
And I am done! lol Really happy since I thought I may not pass the first one

A bit unhappy with PLS2 though - he scaled my marks down heaps for that :( I hate how he does that when you get high in class marks cause i got 8 - 9/10 every week. Oh well I'm done for the degree! :)

SOOOOOOOO annoyed though! that i got two Distinctions because I needed a distinction and a HD for Honours 1.1 :( But at least i'll get honours 2.1 and my GPA will stay above a 6 :)

Only crap thing with my sr is it doesn't show GPA? So you have to figure it out yourself

boris2003

HSC
2009/SPR 200015 Criminal Procedure and Evidence COMPLETED D 75 10 2009/SPR 200020 Professional Responsibility and Legal Ethics COMPLETED D 81 10 2009/SPR 200279 Professional Legal Skills 2 COMPLETED C 71 10
And I am done! lol Really happy since I thought I may not pass the first one

A bit unhappy with PLS2 though - he scaled my marks down heaps for that :( I hate how he does that when you get high in class marks cause i got 8 - 9/10 every week. Oh well I'm done for the degree! :)

SOOOOOOOO annoyed though! that i got two Distinctions because I needed a distinction and a HD for Honours 1.1 :( But at least i'll get honours 2.1 and my GPA will stay above a 6 :)

Only crap thing with my sr is it doesn't show GPA? So you have to figure it out yourself
Congrats, i realised one of my units was scaled by 3%, as we got released our examination results on vuws and i worked out my mark before the finals, so instead of having 72, i got 75. GPA isn't that hard to work out:p

Kai7918

HSC
N/A
2D's 2 HD's

finally got a GPA of 6 on the dot.....probably the highest gpa in engineering atm!!

Lara1986

HSC
Congrats, i realised one of my units was scaled by 3%, as we got released our examination results on vuws and i worked out my mark before the finals, so instead of having 72, i got 75. GPA isn't that hard to work out:p
lol yeah i know it's not hard to work out, but it's just better when it's there cause it saves the effort :p

The unit im not ecstatic with - it's a crap system of 'scaling' because it's all peer marked and the teacher reviews the marks if he doesn't agree. But the stupid thing is, a lot of it is oral presentations and he doesn't see you do the oral stuff cause it's a class of 40 or so, so he obviously can't watch everyone at once. So its a stupid system in a way cause he scales you based on stuff you did at other times or written work that accompanies the verbal stuff when the different things don't necessarily reflect each other.

It's not worth whinging to bump it up to a D though cause it won't change the honours thing, cause i missed Honours 1 because of my core units not my electives. Also, he is the co-ordinator and main teacher for the post grad diploma and he hates when you disagree with him so it's best not to challenge his decisions since you're stuck with him again next year lol :p

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I got one D, one C and one P. So my exams could have gone better, but I'm still happy and very relieved!

Congrats everyone!

Staria_qu

HSC
I'm ok satisfied with my results. I wish I could do better though.

Angel45

HSC
It is silly that they don't have the GPA (even though you can work it out) or the complete history of your results in MySR (even though I do have copies elsewhere) - I guess they'll have to fix that and hopefully down the track they add these new results to the PlatformWeb Result's section how it used to be. It was nice how PlatformWeb gave you a 'well done!' when you got a HD too - I'm not a MySR fan.

Last edited:

isjongood

HSC
It is silly that they don't have the GPA (even though you can work it out) or the complete history of your results in MySR (even though I do have copies elsewhere) - I guess they'll have to fix that and hopefully down the track they add these new results to the PlatformWeb Result's section how it used to be. It was nice how PlatformWeb gave you a 'well done!' when you got a HD too - I'm not a MySR fan.
Your absolutely right! I need my "well done!" :cry:

Also I got 3 d's and a hd this semester, not as good as my average, but ok for a semester I felt little motivation in and with rather distracting events (funeral).

EDIT: Also congrats everyone!! it's good to see some high achievers here (I thought you were all smart :) )

Last edited:

Lara1986

HSC
The complete history thing is annoying me too! Cause i need to print it out to attach to my College of Law forms in the next few days... i don't want to waste money buying a transcript...

How'd you go results wise, as far as are you happy with them? especially since some of the exams were fairly ordinary :)

EDIT: Also - i reckon the uni's been sneaky and gotten rid of the historical transcript, even if only temporarily, cause that way if you need a print out you'll probably have to pay the uni for some.... smart but dodgy all the same.

Angel45

HSC
The complete history thing is annoying me too! Cause i need to print it out to attach to my College of Law forms in the next few days... i don't want to waste money buying a transcript...

EDIT: Also - i reckon the uni's been sneaky and gotten rid of the historical transcript, even if only temporarily, cause that way if you need a print out you'll probably have to pay the uni for some.... smart but dodgy all the same.
I think for College of Law (not sure if they're the same reqs) I needed a certified copy of the official transcript so I think I'll have to order one regardless. It said you could send a cover letter explaining if you didn't yet have one, so I just did that.

How'd you go results wise, as far as are you happy with them? especially since some of the exams were fairly ordinary :)
Yeah I was happy w/ results - I was in the same boat as you needing a D and a HD in the cores, but I will get Honours 2.1 also. Ethics was dissapointing, to say the least. Trust that I got a D and HD in the Electives when I could have survived on a pass in one haha! Congrats with ur results!

Lara1986

HSC
I think for College of Law (not sure if they're the same reqs) I needed a certified copy of the official transcript so I think I'll have to order one regardless. It said you could send a cover letter explaining if you didn't yet have one, so I just did that.

Yeah I was happy w/ results - I was in the same boat as you needing a D and a HD in the cores, but I will get Honours 2.1 also. Ethics was dissapointing, to say the least. Trust that I got a D and HD in the Electives when I could have survived on a pass in one haha! Congrats with ur results!
Thanks - not ure if mines different cause if I remembr right you're doing purely through collaw but I'm a uws hybrid lol

it sucks doesn't it! My elective gpa is the high 6s but my cores is 5.935 I think - so close lol! If you're in the same position as me - I'm assuming you kept up the distinction level gpa though so we can just be happy with the thought that our marks are better than people getting honours 1 at unis that do it on Wam haha :p
Congrats to you too!

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
2 Cs, 2 Ps. Can't complain, I was pretty sure I'd failed one unit. :p At least I'm consistent though - same results every semester.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
how come you all did 3 units ?
I'm an assistant manager in a shop, and juggling 4 units was ok in first year, but not in second! May do summer school too next year, but the School Of Psych dosn't offer anything...electives here I come!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)