Reverse ATAR Lookup (1 Viewer)

braintic

HSC
N/A
Below is a link to what I have called a Reverse ATAR Lookup Table. It lets you decide what ATAR you want, then tells you how you need to perform in each of your subjects.
The table is based on stats from the 2011 HSC, although I have had to interpolate between data points.

View attachment Reverse ATAR Lookup Table.pdf

[And please no statistical "experts" challenging the validity of these figures. The only inaccuracy arises from my interpolation, and this is the best that can be done using the limited stats provided by the BoS.]

D94

HSC
N/A
Only problem is it is not based on last year's HSC
True, but it got within 0.1 of my ATAR. I'd say that's fairly accurate (could just be lucky though).

Anyway, that table above is just a collaboration of table A3 (iirc) of the UAC tables. Nothing flashy about it.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Nothing flashy about it.
Did I claim that it was 'flashy'? Its just information - nothing more, nothing less.

that table above is just a collaboration of table A3 (iirc) of the UAC tables
Did I claim it was any more than that? I did refer to using supplied stats.

I wonder sometimes why people get off on taking others down a peg. I'm guessing it stems from some kind of insecurity.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Did I claim that it was 'flashy'? Its just information - nothing more, nothing less.

Did I claim it was any more than that? I did refer to using supplied stats.

I wonder sometimes why people get off on taking others down a peg. I'm guessing it stems from some kind of insecurity.
Gee whiz, calm down. You took what I said completely the wrong way. I just noted/clarified where the "supplied stats" were from because you didn't mention so in your post. I commented that these statistics weren't anything "special" or "not open to the public"; this was a comment regarding the statistics, not a rebuttal to something you said.

Don't be so quick in jumping to conclusions.

enoilgam

HSC
To me it appears you have some kind of agenda in posting this information. What is it that you're trying to say?

enoilgam

HSC
I have undeleted this thread based on the fact that it has generated some legitimate discussion.

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
To me it appears you have some kind of agenda in posting this information. What is it that you're trying to say?
Boy! Someone else who wants to go on the attack. And you're a moderator?

There is NO agenda. But school principals have an agenda, and I wanted to make people aware of that. Other than that, it is only information.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

There is NO agenda. But school principals have an agenda, and I wanted to make people aware of that. Other than that, it is only information.
It''s all right, we get the point. The reason for the inquiry is because we don't normally get posts like this, and when we do, they are from either agenda pushing companies/individuals, or spam accounts.

enoilgam asked a question, which I can understand the position it came from. This is a useful document, as far as my knowledge of the ATAR system goes. Please don't think we are meaning to attack you, we just need to make sure things are as they seem.

qwerty44

HSC

By the way buddy, Dux College have one that uses 2011 results, but thanks for the info. And the thing you said about school principals is BULLSHIT for most schools.

enoilgam

HSC

I'm not going on the attack - you have presented this information on the HSC and I am just inquiring as to your motives or ideas. I agree with you that some schools and teachers can and do mislead HSC students, but I am trying to understand what your point is with this document.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)