Right to leave? (1 Viewer)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
I have no problem in having foreign signs, but they should have english translations, for fucks sake the official language of this country is English.

Question, would you go to another country that didnt speak english or wasnt anything like Australia & expect it to change to suit you????
I certaintly wouldnt, because im not a self-centred fuck, who thinks the world revolves around me
so you believe that, by law, it should be illegal to write in a foreign language without translating it into english?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
btw, since wen is 'In God We Trust' our national motto??

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so you believe that, by law, it should be illegal to write in a foreign language without translating it into english?
Yes, it is discrimination against those that only speak English, and last time I checked, discrimination was a crime.

So if this was made a law, then naturally there must be foreign translations on all signs also

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
all immigrants are foreigners, or did that fact escape you?
so the definition of xenophobic is 'fear of immigrants'?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have a problem with people who can't speak english or choose not to speak english in Australia, not because I'm personally offended but because I think it's beneficial both for them and the country to have a uniform language in many ways.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
Yes, it is discrimination against those that only speak English, and last time I checked, discrimination was a crime.

So if this was made a law, then naturally there must be foreign translations on all signs also
ummm..doesn't english only translations discriminate against those who cannot speak english? or are you proposing that it become illegal to not speak english?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so the definition of xenophobic is 'fear of immigrants'?
Definitions of xenophobic on the Web:

suffering from xenophobia; having abnormal fear or hatred of the strange or foreign
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn2.1

Xenophobia means fear of strangers or the unknown and comes from the Greek ξενοφοβια, xenophobia, literally meaning "fear of the strange". It is typically used to describe fear of or dislike of foreigners, but racism in general is sometimes described as a form of xenophobia, as are such prejudices as homophobia. Xenophobia implies a belief, accurate or not, that the target is in some way alien. Prejudice against women can not be considered xenoph
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobic

Well as xenophobic means abnormal fear or hatred of the strange or foreign

And immigrants=foreigners

In a way, yes

CHE-13S

HSC
N/A
townie said:
lol, the frequent references to freedom and christian men and women lead me to believe that the writing is actually intended for America with some minor adjustments eg. sept 11 replaced with bali bombing

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
crazyhomo said:
ummm..doesn't english only translations discriminate against those who cannot speak english? or are you proposing that it become illegal to not speak english?
Read the post again dumbfuck, I said all signs should have english & FOREIGN LANGUAGES on them, so whats this shit about "ummm..doesn't english only translations discriminate against those who cannot speak english? or are you proposing that it become illegal to not speak english?"

Thats an obvious yes English only translations are discriminatory & NO it shouldnt be illegal to speak in foreign languages

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
townie said:
i didn't address this before, because it seemed so stupid, but 'in god we trust' isn't the national motto of australia. australia actually has no national motto

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
yes he is ...just ignore
So everyone who disagrees with you is stupid, hmmm sounds like someone has an superiority complex

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
Read the post again dumbfuck, I said all signs should have english & FOREIGN LANGUAGES on them, so whats this shit about "ummm..doesn't english only translations discriminate against those who cannot speak english? or are you proposing that it become illegal to not speak english?"
so which foreign languages will we choose to put on signs? all of them?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
i didn't address this before, because it seemed so stupid, but 'in god we trust' isn't the national motto of australia. australia actually has no national motto
i fink one of our mottos is 'Dieu et Mon Droit', which effectively means the same thing... really...

i really have nothing nice to say about the post. obviously it's against what i believe, so yeah. :rolleyes:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
Definitions of xenophobic on the Web:

suffering from xenophobia; having abnormal fear or hatred of the strange or foreign
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn2.1

Xenophobia means fear of strangers or the unknown and comes from the Greek ξενοφοβια, xenophobia, literally meaning "fear of the strange". It is typically used to describe fear of or dislike of foreigners, but racism in general is sometimes described as a form of xenophobia, as are such prejudices as homophobia. Xenophobia implies a belief, accurate or not, that the target is in some way alien. Prejudice against women can not be considered xenoph
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobic

Well as xenophobic means abnormal fear or hatred of the strange or foreign

And immigrants=foreigners

In a way, yes
how is this guy not afraid of the strange? i'm sorry to break this to you, but he is xenophobic

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so which foreign languages will we choose to put on signs? all of them?
The most commonly spoken languages in Australia & the world OR if you have a problem with that then why have any other language apart from English?

Its your choice, i choice option 1 how about you?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Asquithian said:
Well I havnt read this thread too well but when it comes to the crunch I'd Give crazy homo the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly can you not see any xenophibia in that email?

If you cant then god help us all for their is not reason to have faith in humanity.
I would say their are xenophobic tendancies, inclinations or suggestions but not straight out xenophobia

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
The most commonly spoken languages in Australia & the world OR if you have a problem with that then why have any other language apart from English?

Its your choice, i choice option 1 how about you?
ok, what languages would those be? the top 3 most common languages? top 5? top 10? and how is this not discriminating against all those who don't speak those languages?

edit in response to your edit: i believe in free speech, and telling people what language they must speak in is a restriction of a right to free speech. so i think you should allow people to write in whatever the hell language they want

Last edited:

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Korn said:
I would say their are xenophobic tendancies, inclinations or suggestions but not straight out xenophobia
hahahahahahahaha. you are a lost cause

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
crazyhomo said:
ok, what languages would those be? the top 3 most common languages? top 5? top 10? and how is this not discriminating against all those who don't speak those languages?
Well if those ppl arent present in Australia, why do you need to include them? If someone is able to speak two languages then usually one of them is a common one & would be on the sign.

How many languages are the sole language of ppl in Aust???

Do you wish there to be only English on signs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)