Romanticism extension English poetry- HELP! (1 Viewer)

MadMonster413

HSC
So I am doing the romanticism module for extension English and the poet we are doing is Wordsworth. I wanted to use him in the HSC and trials but my teachers said that if I do I would have to refer to two of his poems rather than just one. In addition to this I would also have to write about Frankenstien and two related texts. I feel that this is incorrect because there is simply not enough time in the exam to talk about this many texts can someone please tell me the truth of this statement?

Thanks

Berni

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, it is possible, I remembered I wrote 8 body paragraphs for my extension english essays, not saying that you need that many paragraphs, but point is, it is possible-you have an entire hour to plan and write out your essay, that's a lot longer than the 40 minute timeframe of Advanced English essays, hence you can actually write and fit in more than you think.

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote 10 pages, about 1.5k words. 1 hr is enough :) You do it by writing the 2 poems into 1 or 2 (if you have more analysis) common paragraphs, then the rest 1 paragraph. I did Keats which is somewhat similiar. If you want to know the structure, i did mine like
intro
1. keats poetry, include 2 texts (what common romantic theme they have)
2. keats poetry 2nd theme <- can be discarded, you can also leave the poems to the end and do your other core text first, so you know if you have the time to write the 2nd paragraph or not.
3. related
4. core text (novel)
5. related
conclu

be sure to link them together! Poems are great in my opinion! :)

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
Back in year 11 when i was doing extension 1 english we had this speech and they gave us 7 weeks or so to prepare for it. So i thought i could drop it on the day before the assessment so i didnt do it. The day before the teacher says i cant drop it. So that night in like 10 minutes i wrote a 6-8 minute incomplete speech didnt know the prescribed texts and my related was just... I made up half the stuff on the spot the speech follows feel free to take notes:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What have you done?!? I have left for not even two century’s and many of you pansy authors, playwrights and poets have transformed my classical authentic gothic literature into what it is now. I am not delighted at all I cringe at the very thought that even though you are living in an age where the Romanticism is almost dominant I am discraced, I am shocked and I am ashamed with all 20th and 21st century composers. Women? Women never have rights why have you given them rights? Back in my day women were not even treated as humans let alone even be compared to the mighty man. Let me ask you something. Have you ever seen a gay couple? Look how happy they look without women so why do they accept this now but not in my era and why did they persecute me for it. I am discusted with the fact that men and women changed roles many texts to this day, Sunset Boulevard and Buffy the vampire Slayer all examples of the films that discrace me.
Sunset Boulevard while mainting the name of one of the best modern Gothic films I regard it to be the worst. The Gothic and Romantic elements are synthetic and do not reflect on what I really faced. In Sunset boulevard Billy Wilder attempts to create a 19th century context by using film noir which is purposefully filmed in black and white to show the contrast between everything also known as chiaroscuro. While I agree that Wilders attempt in this aspect was a success he failed with the Fem Fatal Norma Desmond who is a FEMALE be able to easily over power and kill the Byronic hero named arty. This is another misinterpretation of my text. How many females are in my texts. A few. How many of them are powerful or even have some sort of power. ZERO. What have contemporary artists done to the beloved context me and john keats were trying to create. Billy Wilder was a slave to his context unlike me I rebelled against all so called moral values. And the rebelling I made caused you low lifed composers to try and imitate me but you have failed.
Buffy the vampire slayer is a joke. AAHAHA. Why are you giving women the power over men. Firstly the fact that she is named as “Buffy the vampire slayer” gives her power what have I been telling you stop giving thenm power. Wilder and Whedon’s shameless acceptance of the evolution of gender roles has forever reshaped and injured the gothic genre” especially the cliché high school horror or should I say what you call as “gothic” or should I say “stupid” you tell me? The protagonist is a female and this frustrate me even more. Is this how you interpret my texts really?
Another text to laugh at is Twighlight. Why..? I think the composer totally lost the plot. Buffy the vampire slayer and Sunset Boulevards badness is nothing when compared with twiglight. In twighlight the composer picures females as being the mighty ones so much that the protagonist has co

2/10 mate aced it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)