Romanticism, people! (1 Viewer)

Clifford

HSC
Better than EVERYONE dying and having to bless slimy serpents... then get taken in by a hermit?

ixswans

HSC
Everyone comes to life as zombies for a while too.

Even after reading the whole thing though, worst thing is that skinny hand of the mariner. Oh how I fear it. That wedding guest sure was onto something!

MrsLucia

HSC
The concept of "imagination" hardly comes up in my notes on Romanticism. Fuck the essay question.

Creative question was a lot better.

That's a bit crap... Imagination is one of the key elements of Romanticism, it basically relates to creativity and the fact that composers even make shit. - Not that you don't know that, just that its strange you wouldn't have any notes on it.
Our teacher drummed that into us every day.
Also; do you guys have prepared essays or something?
Someone mentioned how their thesis and the texts they had fitted well- I was under the impression its a good idea to know all your texts and make up you thesis based on the question in the actual exam?
haha.
In any case
I aced this
Nature was my alreday thought up story so I was trying really hard not to laugh all through reading time.
And Imagination / human experience can be twisted to relate to everything.

Wondering- what sort of length for story is too short?
I did about 7 pages and felt it was a bit small but I knew what I was writing so it was less messy and smaller than usual.
13 pages essay.
:)

AND also
how the heck can anyone write 20 pages in an hour (or so) just for an essay?!?.
Honestly insane.
Surely there must be some crazy rambling going on...

Last edited:

Clifford

HSC
Ha, I wrote 20 pages for the essay...

It's a little secret I call FOUR WORDS A LINE! (hovering up to 6 and sliding down to two when I write "experiences anti-establishmentarianism" (fuck spell check, MY HSC IS OVVEURERUEURUEUUREUERUR!)

Shocking, I know.

sopheeya

HSC
The essay question was identical to our last assessment task which was a 15 minute (I spoke for 23 minutes :|) presentation on all our texts. I managed to get the highest in the class for it, so I was very pleased with the essay question.

In regards to creative writing, I wonder if they'll mark it 'quality over quantity'. I felt like I could keep writing but it would have been very repetitive considering the focus was mainly on nature.

How paradigm related were your stories?

For my ORTs I used 'The Nightmare' by Henry Fuseli to cover the gothic, and
'Slavery in Massachusetts' by Henry David Thoreau which. My teacher advised us to stray away from English Romantic texts to show that we are 'widely read'.

Quite frankly I'm glad to be done with it, it wasn't a bad topic I suppose but there were definitely different areas that looked more appealing.

ixswans

HSC
I kept misspelling stuff because I was writing faster than I was thinking. That's a first.

My HSC is the marker's problem now :)

atal.love

HSC
Ha, I wrote 20 pages for the essay...

It's a little secret I call FOUR WORDS A LINE! (hovering up to 6 and sliding down to two when I write "experiences anti-establishmentarianism" (fuck spell check, MY HSC IS OVVEURERUEURUEUUREUERUR!)

Shocking, I know.

wrote 19.5, and i average 4 a line as well. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)