Romanticism practice papers (1 Viewer)

nail

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have any trial questions or any others that they can post here for me to use? Any contributions gratefully received.
Here's one to get this thread started:

Romanticism in literature and art reflected the social, economic and and religious paradigms of the time. As these paradigms have shifted, so too have these Romantic works become less relevant to todays' readers. Discuss with reference to your prescribed texts and TWO other related texts.

Clifford

HSC
The CSSA question was something along the lines of

Aspects of the self and the imagination are the main concern of the elective Romanticism. How are these ideas given significance in your prescribed and so on

Come on, surely someone must have questions (idependant?) because I've trawled through this entire forum and all I can find is pomposity and 'wuthering heights is boooooooooring'

Questions? Anyone?

agua.fuego

HSC
Our trial one was:
"While the texts in this elective cover a wide diversity of forms, they all engage with the power of the imagination and associated social and moral issues". Evaluate this statement, referring two at least two prescribed texts and at least two related texts.

My teacher gave us these three:
  • "Nature is not merely a reality in which we live, not just the palpable context of our lives, but part of us. We are, in a sense, emanations of Nature, and our relationship to it has the intense and definitive intimacy of heart and body." (Lord Evans) How applicable is this quotation to the texts you have read in your study of Romanticism ? What other elements can you identify which characterise the period of Romanticism? (2 prescribed, 2 related)
  • "It is through our interaction with the natural world that we uncover truths about ourselves." Write an essay in which you evaluate the extent to which this is true of two prescribed texts and at least two related texts.
  • "Romanticism is best understood by examining the ways that the imagination and passion are represented by different texts." Write an essay in which you evaluate the extent to which this is true of two prescribed texts and at least two related texts.

ixswans

HSC
Ours was:

'Romantic texts, despite their diversity of forms, engage with the power of the imagination."

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Ours was something like...

'Romanticism was concerned with the individual's aspiration and value. Discuss this in regard to your texts' blah blah.

We have a terrible teacher and have literally done nothing on 'the imagination'. Can someone explain to me the significance of the imagination in Romanticism? Besides the obvious, like the texts being works of fiction, I'm not sure I really understand its significance.

I'm so stressed for this exam. Have NO idea what the question is going to be, but have next to no idea on what to aim for...!

IndiaJ

HSC
What are the sociopolitical values of romanticism?

diametric

HSC
Ours was something like...

'Romanticism was concerned with the individual's aspiration and value. Discuss this in regard to your texts' blah blah.

We have a terrible teacher and have literally done nothing on 'the imagination'. Can someone explain to me the significance of the imagination in Romanticism? Besides the obvious, like the texts being works of fiction, I'm not sure I really understand its significance.

I'm so stressed for this exam. Have NO idea what the question is going to be, but have next to no idea on what to aim for...!
What.

The imagination is perhaps the most important theme of Romanticism. Surely you're joking?

Do some googling.

Clifford

HSC
'The imagination is perhaps the most important theme of Romanticism'

That sounds like a question right there.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
What.

The imagination is perhaps the most important theme of Romanticism. Surely you're joking?

Do some googling.
I have, I mean, I get it. But, I dunno. It just seems so...superficially obvious.

I have a shit teacher anyway, lets blame her.

ixswans

HSC
I didn't think it was that important until I got a B for the essay which I thought I nailed :(

stF-vampyre

HSC
^
urgh, understand exactly how you feel
romanticism is one of my favourite subjects and each time id absolutely kill myself trying to do the best i can, and always ended up just above average, its really frustrating!!:hammer:

still at it for the hsc...
thanks for starting this thread also, its great. our trial Q was:

"Romanticism is typified by the search for meaning through representations of the individuals relationship with the natural world, and wider social and political contexts"
analyse the extent to which this occurs in TWO prescribed texts you have studies and at least TWO others of your chosing.

funny thing is i killed the essay compared to others, but the story brought me down so much =[

rmtz

HSC
Our trials question:

"In your studies of 'Romanticism', what have you learned about how individuals' ways of thinking develop in response to a changing reality?"

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Our trials question:

"In your studies of 'Romanticism', what have you learned about how individuals' ways of thinking develop in response to a changing reality?"
That is literally my dream question.

beachee99

HSC
Romanticism is generally about the imagination .. if you're doing coleridge and keats LOL.
Does anyone have any creative writing stimulus ?

Lloyd The Lion

HSC
Ours was 'Aspects of self and the imagination are the main concerns of the elective of Romanticism. How are these aspects given significance in the texts studied for this elective?'

I loved it! But i'm freaking out that it'll be something utterly ridiculous that i cannot comprehend. My texts (even my prescribed texts) deal with only certain elements, I don't really have one that transcends all aspects. GAH!

Advanced English :mad1: English Extension 1:tongue: English Extension 2 :idea: General Maths :bomb:Drama:ninja:Studies of Religion 2U :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)