Router?????? (1 Viewer)

beentherdunthat

HSC
i just bought a new laptop and want the net on it-
what is the difference between the routers for the wireless connection ?????

and my house is double story and double brick and i want to be able to use it upstairs....
is there a specific type i need :( and considering that the actual computer isnt in the house its in the game room which isnt part of the house :S .... i need help :confused:

http://search.dse.com.au/search?sessionid=489ebf5803e19efc2740c0a87f9c075c&w=router

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
from the list you provided.... dont get the D-link ones, because they serve as a router and modem in one which u dont want to pay for something you dont need.

i bought the Wireless G router (fucken awesome!) [second from the list], easy - step by step instructions, ive got 2 computers connected by ethernet cable and my bros laptop across the house using the wireless from router. I cant help you with the double storey/double brick wireless situation.

My house is also double storey and double brick. Im buying a ps3 in a couple weeks and going to use the router to connect my ps3 wirelessely up-stairs, so for right now i dont know!

sunny

meh.
HSC
I guess it might depend on what the connection she has at home is though?

If you have cable, then all you need is a wireless router. If you have ADSL you can get routers or a router+ADSL modem package.

Unless your game room is 50-60m away from where the wireless router is you're not going to have a problem using it in the same house.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
sunny said:
Unless your game room is 50-60m away from where the wireless router is you're not going to have a problem using it in the same house.
maybe not entirely correct, because when my family finished building our house, our electrican did a fucken shit-ass job with the coaxial cable wiring in the house, so wen optus came in to connect internet and cable tv, they were like wtf!! and he told us its a big job to fix it and dont worry we will repair and refit everything and send the bill to your electrican(who was also sub-contracted by optus), and i told the bloke... cant we just get wireless internet, His like TBH your house is double brick and to connect internet upstairs, there was alot of interuptions, better off to get it wired for now. (there is massive concret slabs from first to second floor).

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
wrxsti said:
maybe not entirely correct, because when my family finished building our house, our electrican did a fucken shit-ass job with the coaxial cable wiring in the house, so wen optus came in to connect internet and cable tv, they were like wtf!! and he told us its a big job to fix it and dont worry we will repair and refit everything and send the bill to your electrican(who was also sub-contracted by optus), and i told the bloke... cant we just get wireless internet, His like TBH your house is double brick and to connect internet upstairs, there was alot of interuptions, better off to get it wired for now. (there is massive concret slabs from first to second floor).
Where the fuck do you live, Iraq? I bought a $30 asus wireless router and it works like a charm, upstairs and downstairs.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
if there is problems with signal strength because of double brick walls and water tanks within the line of signal, consider buying repeaters which redirect the signal via another route to the other side of the connection.

Evilo

HSC
we have a netgear FWG114P with usb print server. Works really well in the double brick house.

Evilo

HSC
thats $135! you can get a wireless g network router for like $60 at JB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)