• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rudd to allow universities to force students to pay union "fees" (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Or so leftists too stupid to get a scholarship and too lazy to work can spend 8 hours a day handing out leaflets on the "Cuba-Venezuela Appreciation Society".

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
um yeah fuck off iron :wave:
so what if your parents can send you to uni? why does this mean that you HAVE to join the union and engage in queers on the grass events?

and if you're at uni on a scholarship, you're on that scholarship because you DONT come from a wealthy family. do you really want to spend your scholarship money funding the union?

LOL NO HOW'S FCK OFF SOUND

boris

Banned
HSC
Im interested to know how this sort of thing would affect special(distance) ed students such as myself. This being my first year at uni and having nothing to do with it at all except they sometimes send me books and i sometimes send them assignments.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont see why it's a foregone conclusion that the $ gets spent on a lefty wishlist. This seems to be the guts of the criticism - that the$ goes to causes and people that I dont care for.
But the Young Libs I know dont have such a defeatist and cynical attitude to student politics. My arguement was that uni leaves generous spare time, and should ideally be dominated by a bright and stable youth, therefore you should be engaged in the process to see that you personally get more bang for your buck. It's mini government - it's meant to be harmless and fun you self-centred cunts1!

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
boris said:
Im interested to know how this sort of thing would affect special(distance) ed students such as myself. This being my first year at uni and having nothing to do with it at all except they sometimes send me books and i sometimes send them assignments.
well at CSU we still had to pay the fee, but if you're part time you only pay half as much

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
hahahahah csu

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
You're not that crash hot urself :)
Why don't you go chill with Alma and rat-boy for a hugbox views affirmation session?????

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
Why don't you go chill with Alma and rat-boy for a hugbox views affirmation session?????
haha. which one is rat-boy?

COME SAY HELLO ONE DAY JB_NC. Stop being an anonymous cunt. :santa:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jb_nc said:
No, but it does prove you are a p huge failure. What kind of idiot can't get into any university at all these days? A pretty special kind of idiot IMO.
I didn't say I couldn't or hadn't you dickface.

Seriously stop being a fucking sook.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I am going to just lay down the pain when I see you you fuckwit.
I CAN'T WAIT ASSY ASSFACE MCGEE

I was gonna cum 2 ur party but i thought i might get beaten up by many BoS'ers. Specifically you and your comrades. :mad:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Iron said:
I dont see why it's a foregone conclusion that the $ gets spent on a lefty wishlist. This seems to be the guts of the criticism - that the$ goes to causes and people that I dont care for.
But the Young Libs I know dont have such a defeatist and cynical attitude to student politics. My arguement was that uni leaves generous spare time, and should ideally be dominated by a bright and stable youth, therefore you should be engaged in the process to see that you personally get more bang for your buck. It's mini government - it's meant to be harmless and fun you self-centred cunts1!
Suppose a student organisation at present has a revenue stream from catering, and has a prioritised list of activities {C&S, sport, activism} which it can spend this money on. If, at this time, it only has enough money for two of these things, then it will ditch activism as per its preference.

If, however, it receives a cash injection from students, it can then afford all three. The fact that the money is earmarked for C&S and sport just means that the organisation needs to account for it as such and spend revenue from catering on activism.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
I like to use my spare time to make copious amounts of money to spend on great things like booze and drugs.

You are not representative of the student population.
You should devote your time to honing your political skills in student politics. This is to your development moreso than seeking short-term destructive vices
persuasion
charm
manipulation
ruthlessness
judgement
leadership
tact
power
concealing passions
extracting revenge
instilling fear
forging alliances
sharpening debating skills
compassion
idealism
im just listing words bro

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
withoutaface said:
Suppose a student organisation at present has a revenue stream from catering, and has a prioritised list of activities {C&S, sport, activism} which it can spend this money on. If, at this time, it only has enough money for two of these things, then it will ditch activism as per its preference.

If, however, it receives a cash injection from students, it can then afford all three. The fact that the money is earmarked for C&S and sport just means that the organisation needs to account for it as such and spend revenue from catering on activism.
I dont know what youre saying, but it makes me feel safe.

Though I think that what you're saying is that taxes should be voluntary and only given if the gvt sells us on the need.
Glitzy advertising campaigns expousing the merits of a standing army etc.
Buy one tank and get another one free!

boris

Banned
HSC
If a uni is too small to make moneys then they wont have many people to cater for thus needing less services etc

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Which uni's are these?
your pov one?

green left weekly tells me they can't afford jack! :uhoh:

edit: you all seem to be forgetting that i'm pro-vsu! :(

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
ah well, my uni isnt povo nor is it small

wagga alone has 25,000 students enrolled, most are by distance but thats not including campuses in bathurst, albury, dubbo, orange, ontario and singapore.

vsu hasnt affected csu adversely in any way. the student union will argue otherwise, but the only thing i noticed was that free coffee is now $1.50

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)