Rule about learning content before trials (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Hey guys.

I was talking to a friend who says he knows of a BoS rule which says you cannot learn new content in the two weeks before trial exams, so I looked it up, ad was unable to find it. My question is, does anyone know if this rule actually exists and if so where is it? Our teacher has basically crammed all of 4th topic chemistry into 2 weeks and it is apparently all going to be in trials so this rule would be amazing if it existed (which I doubt but wanted to check).

Thanks.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
mate if you/anyone finds this rule please tell me. This unfortunate scenario also applies to me, however yours is VERY extreme. I suggest you consult the head teacher, if not then directly to the principal. This is very careless of your teacher to do, and it must not be let off lightly.

dunjaaa

HSC
If this so happens to be the fact, then shouldn't module C be excluded from everyones trial lol. We haven't even finished module C and they've place it in.

lolitaaa

HSC
If this so happens to be the fact, then shouldn't module C be excluded from everyones trial lol. We haven't even finished module C and they've place it in.
lol u just assumed it's english?

dunjaaa

HSC
Well for other subjects, specific questions have been replaced. Not sure about other schools but yeah :)

s-tressed

HSC
We've finished module C and all other topics. Mod C was a bit rushed though.
If you're talking about trials that are bought externally, then don't they include all sections in case schools do things in different orders? I think it's up to the school to modify the paper in the end depending on what you have/haven't done.

iStudent

HSC
We've finished module C and all other topics. Mod C was a bit rushed though.
If you're talking about trials that are bought externally, then don't they include all sections in case schools do things in different orders? I think it's up to the school to modify the paper in the end depending on what you have/haven't done.
Still better than my school. We do Module B last and we've only read through half the speeches just once - and there's 7 speeches (and we still have some of the bad ones to go). Also, we haven't even analysed or discussed what the module is even about. So the teacher ended up pushing the exam date for next week Tuesday, lol. To make this worse, this exam is not even our trials (it's a mini exam worth 15%). Trials start 1 week after this one. Nevertheless, I'm just happy I had a tutor for this module last term (so I'm all set). Don't know about my peers though haha.

dunjaaa

HSC
Yeah the school modifies the paper depending on what we've covered. However, our english coordinator classified the module C question as doable with the amount of content that we've learned. So I'm actually quite interested to find out what OP is talking about.

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Well we have two advanced English classes and both get told two different things for the exam :/ one class got gold that certain speeches would be excluded from the trials (if the question specified them) while my class got told jackshit. Not to mention the fact that it's worth 40% of our total school mark.... Who comes up with these weightings?!

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
Instead of having a sook, maybe prepare better for the trials. Obviously if you learnt something yesterday and it is on today's exam that's bad but otherwise learn that shet

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I empathised with your situation, but I highly don't think there is an actual BOS rule on this, and I don't think it will be worth your time in trying to track the rule down. I think situations like this perhaps reinforces one very important aspect about senior study-which is an increasing emphasis on personal autonomy and personal responsibility, often students who have studied slightly ahead before the class (whether by themselves or through tuition) will be able to avoid the stress that arises from learning too much content in a very short period of time. Having said that, you may be comforted by the fact most of your classmates probably feel the same as you-so you are not alone. Best thing you can do is to try to study the best you can and try your best in your trials:)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Lol. I love when people make up official sounding rules like this. This is definitely not true.

ebbygoo

HSC
OK let's clear a few things up:
1. I doubted it ever existed
2. I am prepared-ish, we have to basically self teach lol
It would just mean less content to have to worry about remembering :p espesh considering its M&M so would mean don't have to remember cation/anion tests lol

Last edited:

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
OK let's clear a few things up:
1. I doubted it ever existed
2. I am prepared I do self teach lol
It would just mean less content to have to worry about remembering :p espesh considering its M&M so would mean don't have to remember cation/anion tests lol
yeah I am pretty (99%) sure something like that doesn't exist (or ever has).

My friend and classmates also made this up so it would "theoretically" have less stress and stuff to study. lolnope most still failed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)