Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
It's not hold, its mute. If you get hold music, you're on hold. If it just sounds like the line is dead, you're more likely on mute. I work in tech support.

The issue still isn't resolved. I think someone screwed up the laptop when they were building it, so we'll probably give them a new one.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. tsk tsk tsk. I personally would never modify a laptop. Not the same as a PC, too many things can go wrong. hmm. Working in techsupport would be prett crapppy though i'd imagine. I already have my hands full fixing problems in my house and my friends' computer probs. -_-

doesn't help when they're completely computer illiterate ay?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
OBL said:
If for example, pixels? burn out on my laptop screen, would the company give me a new one?
It depends if it's covered by the warranty I think. It also depends on how long ago you bought the laptop. if it was a brand new laptop and you got a dead pixels/burn out on ur laptop, they would have to replace it as it was probably they sold you faulty products.

But finding dead pixels would be hard to do in the first place.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
OBL said:
OK, this is what I'm thinking of doing. It's totally immoral/unethical, but meh.
I'm thinking of intentionally burning some pixels on my screen just before the warranty expires, so that way I get a free laptop.

Do you think that'll work?

(Please leave morals out of this)
as i said, it depends on the terms/conditions of your warranty and if it's covered by it. And it's pretty hard to burn in pixels on ur screen, i honestly don't see the hassle. Not to mention you won't be getting a free laptop, I think that you would have to hand your current laptop back and then they give you a new one of around the same specifications.

So no, i don't think it'll work.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
OBL said:
If for example, pixels? burn out on my laptop screen, would the company give me a new one?
lol, I'm internal support. For a company. Not for external consumers.

EDIT: and like shinji said, it all depends on your warranty and the company and retailer.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
@ =)lisa

Does anyone actually say anything else apart from:

a) in the middle somewhere?
b) Up the back
c) close to the middle?
d) don't mind/not up the front.

HSC
=)lisa said:
working at the cinemas

yes, i didnt invent allocated seating in cinemas, but IM NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT EITHER. no point having a rant to me about it. or being a smart arse.
once when i booked allocated seating on the internet, some guy and his two kids had taken our seats. tbh i didn't really care, but my mum went into a rant about it later :rolleyes:

:spam:

HSC
=)lisa said:
honestly, you wouldnt believe the complaints we get about it..
hence why i started off this threat with... ' i didnt create it' or whatver i said. lol.
haha she didn't complain the staff, just to me... i was like stfu, we're three seats away from where we were going to be. one of my friends works at the cinemas, so i've heard similar stories... and also some disturbing ones i.e. 14-year-olds having sex during horton hears a who. i really hope she was joking lol

HSC
=)lisa said:
haha OMG!
its funny you mention that becaaaaaaaaaaause... get this.

i had been there for a week! ONE WEEK lol. and i was doing a close (last one on floor for the night).

went into a cinema to do the check, it was Night at the Museum. lolll. that ben stiller movie.

and umm, looked fairly empty, i was about to cut corners by not checking that theatre, then i heard some noise. walked up the back slowly.. only to find a young couple (probably late teens) engaging in s e x . hahhaha. i had the shock of my life. oooooooooooomfg. lol. remember.. I HAD ONLY BEEN THERE FOR A WEEK. haha. exposed much?!
LOL, what did you do? is there some kind of policy you have to follow?

Evilo

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
LOL, what did you do? is there some kind of policy you have to follow?
hahaha id be like "excuse me, but you'll have to engage each other somewhere else". Then they would be embarassed and leave :p

Evilo

HSC
oh wait, ive changed my mind. I would have sat down in the seat next to them and started reading a book/texting. Then when they turned around and looked at me id say "ohh dont mind me, just texting".

HSC
=)lisa said:
'

i dead set did this

:uhoh::eek::jaw:

hahaha :lol:

and i walked straight out. they didnt notice i was there.

i then told others about it, and they were like AHH YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME I WOULD HAVE BUSTED THEM lol. i was like, well i will if it ever happens again. it didnt happen again :( hahaha

apparently ur meant to tell them to leave coz its a public place, etc.

i dno...
lol, that would be so awkward... haha so glad nothing like that could happen in my job.

oh wait, ive changed my mind. I would have sat down in the seat next to them and started reading a book/texting. Then when they turned around and looked at me id say "ohh dont mind me, just texting".
LOL, i like this suggestion.

greekgun

HSC
Evilo said:
lol good as idea. What bugs me about this is that those westies are doing it in like a PG , movie- wat if some kids see wats going on?

Evilo

HSC
greekgun said:
lol good as idea. What bugs me about this is that those westies are doing it in like a PG , movie- wat if some kids see wats going on?
most kids usually come with their parents.

Also if its a movie im watching, and some kids are having sex up the back, id tell them to fuck off.

CieL

HSC
Evilo said:
min purchase on fly buys is $5 (although explaining that to the customer usually causes even more problems)
Actually FlyBuys accumulates at the end of the day.

So if they buy $2 in the day time and scan their card, then $3 sometime else on the same day then scan their card.. the total of $5 will result in one whole point =]

CieL

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
once when i booked allocated seating on the internet, some guy and his two kids had taken our seats. tbh i didn't really care, but my mum went into a rant about it later :rolleyes:
Okay.. I would of told my mum off if she went into a rant to a staff about the seating bullshit..

Jesus, she should of solved her own problems. How hard is it to tell the guy and their two kids that they're in your seat?! Tell them to move if she was so bothered by the situation.

Seriously, how are the staff supposed to control everyone in the cinema? I hate it when "customers" complain about all this bullshit out of my control, especially when they should have just done something about it themselves.

Evilo

HSC
@CEIL

I didn't actually know that.

BTW! 2 points at liquorland! lol

HSC
CieL said:
Okay.. I would of told my mum off if she went into a rant to a staff about the seating bullshit..
lol, she didn't complain to staff, she just complained to me (and i told her to get over it). we did tell him and he was like, 'oh, but -insert daughter's name- wants to sit here'. but yeah, she was a bit of a spack about it, it's only a seat for crying out loud.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
dear customers,
- after i tell you that there's no more white bread, don't get all angry and storm out of the shop. its not our fault that there's no more white bread left you whingey customer. god, do something good for you health and get a wholemeal sandwich.
- dont tell me you want a large size coffee AFTER i make the regular size coffee that you ordered.

damn, some customers freaking annoy me sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)