Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Another one, complaining and then saying "(insert manager/owner name here) is a good friend of mine and he/she will be hearing about this" isn't going to scare me. Likewise, if I say you can't pay by cheque because you have no ID on you, saying "I know (insert manager/owner name)" isn't going to get you any further.

"Chubby"

HSC
Big W Apparell associate:

- when u try on clothes in the fitting rooms.... TAKE IT OUT.....it's not that hard to walk 2 or so metres and give it to the fitting room lady.

- when im doing a pick up anywhere in apparell (escpecially in footwear), please have the common courtesy to pick up whatever you drop.

- When u try on a shoe, PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF!!! DON'T LEAVE IT ON THE FLOOR!

can't think of anymore for now. LOL

Jennibeans

HSC
- Don't stand in front of a "Bar Closed" sign looking at me like I owe you something
- If I ask you for ID and you're over 18 just show it to me. I am not psychic and I don't know how old you really are. If you were really an adult you'd understand me trying to protect kids from alcohol.
- Don't complain about the prices...I don't set them
- Yes, we run out of things sometimes...deal with it
- Do not bang on the bar or shout at me that you were "f**king next" - I try to serve people in order as best I can
- Don't pay for you $1 soft drink with a $50 note
- If I ask if you're a member and you're not please don't say "I can be one if you want me to be." I can't give you the discount if you don't have the card and your humour is annoying.
- Don't stick things (napkins, cigarette butts, food etc) into the cups...we have to dig that stuff out and its gross.
- If you break a glass SAY SOMETHING don't just leave it til someone cuts themselves
- Don't complain when the bar is closed...its 5am and I want to clean up and go home
- I am human. I make mistakes. I will always apologise and I will always rectify the mistake but please don't abuse me for it.
- You're watching me pour the drinks. If I'm not making what you want say so straight away rather than waiting til I put it in front of you then having a go at me.
- Try some basic please and thankyous...we're not slaves.
- Let us get out greeting out. All I'm saying is "hi, can I help you?" don't interrupt me with your order.
- Don't jump the queue...we saw you do it and we'll call security if you want to make an issue out of it.

Last edited:

Divzorz

HSC
I work at woolworths and already have a large list of things that customers should learn:

- Be patient while i a. change reciept roll
b. put more bags on the rack
c. do my pickup
d. find your obscure looking vegetable
e. other miccellaneous tasks - they MUST be done - reciept rolls dont just fill up themselves
- Don't put your credit card away before signing the paper.. i have to check
- Don't complain about bag packing, i do my best, if you want it your way, do it yourself then
- Don't hand me 100$ in shriveled up 5$ notes, its difficult and takes time to count, please dont fold notes up 1000 times it just makes it worse.
Finally, dont ask for cash out after youve typed in your pin and pressed enter

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Divzorz said:
Finally, dont ask for cash out after youve typed in your pin and pressed enter
lol.

Anyway.. i havent seen this thread for ages. Right.. sales assistant kmart

• when you ask me where the pet section is, dont speak to me as though youre accusing me for hiding it from you.
  • open your eyes: if you are surrounded by tents and air mattresses dont ask me where the camping section is
  • dont get shitty with me if an item isnt where you expect it to be... and dont tell me that "it must have been moved then". It has been in the same spot for 3 years.
  • dont leave your spilled milkshake all over the floor for someone to slip in...at least let someone know you made a mess so we can mop it up
  • if your child shits in an aisle DONT WALK AWAY, tell someone ... so that people stop walking through it - and we really should make you clean it up yourself.
  • if you buy a block of chocolate and take it home and eat it, really, dont come in the next day and tell us you thought you paid too much for it and want a refund. NO.
  • if the scanning unit is not working, it is probably your incompetence. The unit does not scan any part of the product, it needs a barcode. If you are waving a mug around waiting for a miracle, its not going to happen. In addition, hitting the unit will not help
  • yes we store labels, sticky tape, and other such things that are a nuscience to carry around in a display bar freezer. no they are not included if you buy the item...unless you really really want them..
  • i will not mark down a damaged display item if there are plenty packaged ones in stock. No matter whether it is Christmas time or not. I have plenty of Christmas spirit thank you.
  • if we close at 5, we close at 5. not 5 past, not 10 past. dont keep wandering around and expect us to wait for you to finish your shopping. piss off
  • i can see that we have no office chairs on display, so there is no need to be rude about it. and i wont be taking one out and assembling it for you either

ok that should probably do it.. i had a long day today :|

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Divzorz said:
- Don't put your credit card away before signing the paper.. i have to check
Haha. If I see them doing this, I let them put the card back in their wallet and into their back pocket/bag then after they sign it, I say "I need you card...". Pisses them off so much but I'm legally obligated to do it so it's not like they can say much :p

*Minka*

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
You know you're an idiot when you get your writing corrected by someone who came to this country a few years ago.

On Topic: Don't use cheques... I seriously don't understand why that payment option even exists.
I am choosing to take that the right way ;)

And ditto on Cheques. Someone today wanted to do a $28.49 purchase with a Cheque. Just get a CARD already.

Mattius

HSC
I work at Bunnings

1 don’t ask for advice or information about a product at the register. We are only there so you (and everyone else) can get out and pay, not hold up the que cause you wan’t some information on a product that I have never seen.

2 Don’t expect to be able to return an item at just any register, only the ones with the returns/refunds and exchange sign above them will allow you to do this. And don’t be pissed of when I tell you will have to go and wait at the end of one of those ques.

3 Don’t come to me on the door (bunnings security) and tell me that we have no trollies in the store and that you want one.

4 don’t be pissed off when I can’t move from the door to walk some 20m to get a trolley and that you will have to instead.

5 don’t get me to a bloody car service (take the customers goods to the car) when you are clearly capable of lifting the item by yourself and just don’t want to get dirty.

6 don’t get pissed off when I have to go through some long timely procedure when you brought an item to the counter with no barcode.

7 Don’t use a credit card to pay for some item that is less then $10 and never for items less then $5. Items less then this yes can be paid for on a credit card but we will hate you for it. (95c on a credit card!)

8 Don’t pay buy check when you are in a rush and don’t get pissed off when you have to go through the lengthy procedure.

9 If an entrance has closed you may not come though regardless if we have just closed the garden entrance 1 min ago and the main one 50m away is still open for another 2 hours. AND DO NOT GIVE ME A PLEADING PUPPY EXPERESION WHEN YOUR 30 YEARS old or older you will just disgust us.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
When it is flat out and busy, and you ask where something is and I point directly at it and say "its there" .. no, I am not giving you attitude. We're busy and it is a stupid question. Open your eyes.

Don't abuse my staff (I'm customer service supervisor). I don't take kindly to it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i love supervisors who stick up for staff, once some guy was being a cunt and the supervisor just comes over and goes

"dont you dare abuse my staff like that"
he called her a bitch, then she banned him from the store for life, lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
one_wit said:
i love supervisors who stick up for staff, once some guy was being a cunt and the supervisor just comes over and goes

"dont you dare abuse my staff like that"
he called her a bitch, then she banned him from the store for life, lol
oh i love it too...i was being screamed at once by this dude who was pissed off because he bought something without a barcode and had to wait while i looked it up...and out of nowhere my supervisor pops up and served his ass to him on a platter, best comebacks ever... i didnt see him in the store again lol.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
This thread is a good read. :)

More to add:
  • If your speech is too incoherent and/or too heavily accented, either be patient and repeat it to me when I ask, or learn your effing English.
  • Don't give me attitude when I ask whether you'd prefer a cheaper brand. Just say no.
  • "Cheaper" does not translate into "ineffective".
  • Don't express your outrage at the price of prescribed brands if you said you didn't want the generic.

HSC
When I tell you that I can't sell cigarettes through regular checkouts (yes even the one connected to the smokeshop), appreciate that I am only doing as I am told to do by my manager. I don't care if coles, IGA, the woolies 10 minutes away allows for cigarettes to be sold on checkouts, our manager has instructed us not to. Health Department inspectors stand outside the store, making sure we dont sell them. I am not risking a $10,000 fine just because you don't want to line up again. It's bad enough that you are able to save your transaction and hold up the rest of the queue.

Sorry about the rant. I was on 11 (aka the checkout next to the smokeshop) yesterday and express today. I'm sick of smokers, freakin get a nicobate patch already.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I had a bitch of a customer today. I was quite prepared to go out of my way to help her (which i did). She indicated she would like me to see if an inerstate store near to her holiday home (poor thing) had some stock. i was more than happy to do so. So here is the rule:

- when i have tried the number with and without area code on landline and store mobile, as well as a managers phone, and i tell you that i am getting the same 'not connected' tone each time, and politely suggest that it might be easier if i give you the number and you can call them yourself... do not get shitty with me, be unappreciative of the half hour plus that i have spent with you, undermine my competence, suggest that managers are incapable of ringing interstate and basically make me feel like shit. AND then dont suddenly decide that i was right all along and call a friend on your mobile so that they can ring for you. If you had listened to me after the first 5 minutes then we both may have got what we had to do done a hell of a lot quicker.

Sorry about that.

also a few others

- if im pushing a flat top full of stock, please move. It is difficult to manouvre around you
- it doesnt hurt to say excuse me before you ask your question.. otherwise i will not realise youre talking to me, or, you will startle me and i will be less friendly with you
- no you cannot have a $60 item for $18, regardless of where you picked it up from. Use your head and realise that it really probably wasnt meant to be there.

Pilotdude

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
When it is flat out and busy, and you ask where something is and I point directly at it and say "its there" .. no, I am not giving you attitude. We're busy and it is a stupid question. Open your eyes.

Don't abuse my staff (I'm customer service supervisor). I don't take kindly to it.
Yup same here if i see any jerk yelling at my staff i get stuck into them right back, this week i've had 4 arguments with customers, 2 in Lotto. One gave me his slips to put in and he only had 7 and he said there was meant to be 8 tickets and then started yelling at me for losing them lol he called me an "incompetent fuckwit" and i said to him well its obvious im not the useless one here isnt it and walked away and left him screaming at the pole LOL the other was just a dumbass.

The others were over refunds and does anyone notice its ALWAYS the forigners wanting refunds? (no offence) but it is true.

I CANNOT WAIT till when in WA we can only sell smokes through 1 register and not on checkouts or express its going to be fun to deal with them and give them abuse back, we have already got copys of the new laws and highlighted it for people with issues to read :) cant wait LOL

This thread is great for venting about dumbass jerks and things that we all hate and they are so similar.

Also something else i remember,
Dont try to tell me that a 53 dollar item is 16 dollars im not going to even bother looking because you will not be right!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yesterday must have been a day for people arking up over cigarettes. I got abused twice for asking for I.D, Kelly got abused 4 times over an U18 being on the other register that can do smokes (he was the only other staff member we had on), and snide comments from every second person, and I'm sure Blake would have copped a few too. Bastards.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Myer Manchester Department

*If i am with another customer dont stand there and stare at us until I have to turn to you and tell you that i will be a while. Go around and look for all your
towels yourself
*Dont take sheridan sheet sets out of their packets, undo it all and then try to shove it back it, put it back onn the shelf and take the same set but in an already done up packet.... those things never look like they did originally no matter how hard you try to put it in.
*Yes the towels are a mess, no i didnt pull them all down so that i would just have something to do. ITS SALE TIME AND CUSTOMERS ARE INCAPABLE OF PUTTING THINGS BACK THE WAY THAT THEY SAW THEM.
*I have been folding towels for three hours and any towel humour is not appreciated.
*Dont tell me that I dont know what I am talking about when you clearly have no idea and are just attempting to flirt with the other married assistant who is busy anyway.
*Dont whinge when we dont take Westfield vouchers. we have our own why would we take theirs and the people at the counter that you bought it should have told you not us.

"Chubby"

HSC
just got home from work...have this to say

dont' ask me for sizes in shoes, tops, pants or whatever....when u haven't even looked yourself yet. Don't be lazy.lol.

Natla

HSC
god i hate customers i feel all your pain! ok i work in a supermarket and my rule is:

-when "this store closes in 5 minutes please make your way to the checkouts" annoucement is made please try to hurry up... when the "this store is now closed please make your way to the checkout immediately" do not keep shopping as if youre deaf!

and especially......... when that annoucement is made dont start lifting up all the bags off the fruit and veg and throwing them on the floor while looking for a certain bag of potatoes! the people who covered it all nicely finish at 10pm and have to stay back unpaid to fix your mess! grr.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I hate customers who don't speak English and get all shitty because I can't communicate with them in their language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)