Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

RTTTYTR

HSC
CieL said:
Nope. Doesn't work that way. How else do you think they max out the $5 on the card each time.

What happens is the $250 worth of groceries is put through, then $5 is deducted each time a gift voucher is put through.
It's a total bitch to do as it works like EFTPOS.. you gotta hit several buttons, hit the amount, swipe the card, enter the pin, wait for approval, and do that again 49 times.

So your docket is basically a list of your items, grand total, then at the bottom there will be a list of 50 "transactions", then the fuel voucher at the end.
Oh okay, I always thought the fuel docket was per transaction over $30

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
RTTTYTR said:
Hang on, you expect people to thank you for doing your job? The fact that you get paid is the gratitude for your work. It is you that should be thanking the customers for keeping you employed and not the fact that you do your job.

Unless of course you go above and beyond the standard for the customer. In that case, the customer shoudl say thank you.

You do understand that as an employee, you are the hired help and in that relationship the customer has power over you and is superior to you in terms of needs and wants.
please, not another wuddie. i think you two have missed the point of a lot of what has been said in this thread. i don't expect customers to thank me for doing my job, but i do expect that in a situation where a customer is being served by me (for example, on checkouts), that the words 'please' and 'thankyou' would figure into the exchange somewhere, because it's simply common courtesy. Sure, the customer is always right and all that jazz, but that doesn't mean they have the right to be rude or ignore normal conversational standards. You ask for something politely, I give it to you, you thank me, I say you're welcome. It's not rocket science.

and regardless of whatever 'power' the customer has over you, by which i assume you mean the fact that the customer's needs come before your own in the workplace - you do come to recognise the types of behaviour that annoy customer service staff when you encounter it from customers yourself, and more often than not the next time you are in the customer position you will make more of an effort to be polite and understand that the staff member is only human, too.

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
i am customer relations supervisor and i work at my family pizza shop which is why i CANT get fired for anything i do :D

My rules are as follows:

1- DONT fukin order delivery if u cannot afford to pay with cash, we do not take credit cards over the fone NOR do we send our delivery driver with an eftpos machine.

2- DONT make mindless chit chatter when u can see that i am PLAINLY STUDYING WITH THE FOLDER TITLED HSC CHEMISTRY MODULE 1

3- DONT look at me when i serve u and say "what nashionality are u" INCASE u cant tell i have the ALBANIAN FUKIN EAGLE around my neck. dumbasses

4- I DONT WEAR a namebadge Because i dont want to be HARRASSED by stupid merrylands fuks that wen they see me they go "OH HELLO FIONA".

5- Its not my fault u ordered a hawaiin with no ham and ended up with a cheese and fukin pineapple pizza. Farout.

6- Dont mock me over the phone when i cant hear wat u r saying. its not my fault u are a completed dumb, deaf and mute incoherant fuk.

7- If i give u $2.10 change and my tip jar is there, dont drop the 10 cents and say "u need it more than i do". NO I DONT. i drive a fukin brand new beamer. chances are u need it more than me dikhead.

8- DONT walk past my shop and gawk at the menu at the front, walk in then see the prices and walk out, THE PRICES ARE ON THE MENU OUTSIDE MORON.

9- DONT call me pet names like "darling" and "sweetie"

10- If u chose to eat in my restaurant. Please be considerate and DONT EAT like a fukin animal. I do not like mopping up orange juice and coke that ur partner spilt on the floor cause they eat like animals.

11- DONT ABUSE me when ur pizza is not ready in 15 minutes. I DO NOT make them and i frankly do not give a fuk.

12- If i apologise to u for lateness or some other reason, have the courtesy to look me in the eye and say "thats ohk" even if u dont mean it. Dont chuck a hissy fit and say "Im going to dominos" cause ur a fukin adult and i'll just say "GO TO DOMINOS WE DONT NEED U".

13- when u ask for the manager and i say "i am it" dont look at me weird and say "i want one over 18". Im probably more mature than u spastic.

14- Dont bargain with me for the prices. even if ur meal comes to ten dollars and five cents. i WILL make u pay ten dollars and five cents. We are not the GOOD GUYS where u pay less for cash.

15- Dont ring up and complain saying "Awwwwww my pizzas cold" then wen i say we will give u a new one, we will just pick up the cold pizza and you say "awwwwwww we ate it already" then obviously u fat fuk it wasnt cold and u just want another pizza. CHEAPSKATE.
you're a fucking moron. learn to type and pull the stick from your ass. you work at a fucking pizza shop, you're not better than everyone else.

i'm sure everyone in australia realllllllly knows what some albanian eagle looks like.

RTTTYTR

HSC
katietheskatie said:
you're a fucking moron. learn to type and pull the stick from your ass. you work at a fucking pizza shop, you're not better than everyone else.

i'm sure everyone in australia realllllllly knows what some albanian eagle looks like.
I was thinking the same thing katie.

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
god fucking damn, after reading some of this thread i really think some of you need to work in an industry where you don't deal with customers. you just sound like massive fucking whingers.

J

jhakka

RTTTYTR said:
Hang on, you expect people to thank you for doing your job? The fact that you get paid is the gratitude for your work. It is you that should be thanking the customers for keeping you employed and not the fact that you do your job.

Unless of course you go above and beyond the standard for the customer. In that case, the customer shoudl say thank you.

You do understand that as an employee, you are the hired help and in that relationship the customer has power over you and is superior to you in terms of needs and wants.
As a general rule, I expect good manners from people. I am polite to people whether I'm working or not. I expect that same courtesy. As Doris said earlier, it's not rocket science.

By the way, if I offer to show you where a book is, don't stand there and tell me to go fetch it for you.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
RTTTYTR said:

Unless of course you go above and beyond the standard for the customer. In that case, the customer should say thank you.

You do understand that as an employee, you are the hired help and in that, relationship the customer has power over you and is superior to you in terms of needs and wants.
Just a simple "thankyou" after me giving them their docket would be nice. I am always polite to customers, at least a hello and thankyou, and nothing irritates me more than people who completely ignore me and say nothing. And the customer has no 'power over me', yes 'the customer is always right', that does not mean they are allowed to tread all over me.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
sXcGuRl69aU said:
god fucking damn, after reading some of this thread i really think some of you need to work in an industry where you don't deal with customers. you just sound like massive fucking whingers.
thank fken god! there's someone who actually has an iq over 20! un-fken-believable. after 1300 odd posts, there's someone who agrees with me.

thank you lord jesus christ.

and thank you, whoever you may be.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Just wondering wuddie, have you ever worked in retail before? because I don't get how anyone who has could fail to understand what we are saying in this thread. Most of the time, I like work and it likes me and we get along fine, and that's probably the case for most people here. But sometimes you get retarded customers who have no common sense or social decency and they wreck your day by being as thick as two planks and rude, and it's those days that this thread is dedicated to. I don't think you should be judging people for wanting to vent about it.
And if you have worked with customers and still don't understand then by all means please post the address and phone number of whatever fantastical utopia you work in.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I've realised that I'm not a complainer. If something is slightly wrong, who cares. If something is really wrong I'll point it out (without making it a big deal) and accept that problems cannot be fixed instantly. I'll try to sort it out in the store, rather than walking away like I'm happy and then complaining to head office about it, or screaming at the first employee I see. Mistakes happen because people are human.

Like the other day I waited maybe 10 minutes for something from Maccas. Much longer than your average wait, but the girl was doing her best to get my food for me and there wasn't anything else she could have done. Someone out the back screwed up, but it's just food. Waiting 10 minutes isn't going to kill me.

It's a roll, not CPR. If I waited 10 minutes for CPR then I'd be pissed/dead.

Pace_T

HSC
wow if any of the employees i come across say to me anything like what you people have said here i would smack their faces, girl, guy, whoever.

mzduxx2006, no one give a shit if you work at your parents pizza shop, you're a shit "customer relations supervisor" if you have an attitude like that. (lol at a pizza shop haing a customer relations supervisor). btw does that just mean u take orders??? lollll

scarybunny, i like the way you think. people make mistakes full stop, so im pretty patient in those situations. but when i make it known, for example that ive been waiting for a while and i get a rude response from employees thats when i snap it.

SL33pY

ceo of the banana factory
HSC
If You Point A Laser In My Eye ...and I Ask You To Stop, And You Dont... Its My Right To Punch You In Your Fuking Face....and If You Threaten To Call The Police,,, I Dont Give A Fuk You Stupid Bogan Fuker... May You And Your Inbred Family Burn In Hell!!!

I Dont Have A Job Anymore Becuase Of You....and Fuk You Stupid Manager For Not Taking My Part,, You Fuking Idiot...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuk

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Just wondering wuddie, have you ever worked in retail before? because I don't get how anyone who has could fail to understand what we are saying in this thread. Most of the time, I like work and it likes me and we get along fine, and that's probably the case for most people here. But sometimes you get retarded customers who have no common sense or social decency and they wreck your day by being as thick as two planks and rude, and it's those days that this thread is dedicated to. I don't think you should be judging people for wanting to vent about it.
And if you have worked with customers and still don't understand then by all means please post the address and phone number of whatever fantastical utopia you work in.
I completely agree. In the rare event that customers are completely in the wrong and you bite your tongue and continue with the niceties, afterwards you must vent or will take it out on an innocent customer. Thats how I see it anyway.

G

Gavvvvvin

Some people are just fucking stupid.

Customer: "What do you keep in the freezers? Frozen stuff?."
Me: ...

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
re cosmic - yet some of us seem to have those 'shit days' more than others. be it your temper or the nature of your job and customers, if you have to have to go through the trouble to log on to the net, find this very thread and whinge about it on a regular basis, you should have given up on your job. it is not good for your health.

also, i don't mind saying this for more than once, because i am proud of my job. i do deal with customers, in fact, tens of thousands of them every weekend, at aussie stadium/ scg. i am not bragging, but surely i deal with more than you do, on a more rapid and pressured environment. yet, i seem to be ok dealing with it without the need to vent.

to all whingers - all i am saying is, (and again) if you are so shitty just because a couple of morons, clearly customer service is not your cup of tea. if you are what you claim to be - as an experienced campaigner in the industry - then you'd EXPECT these kind of people day in day out, and you'd not get upset with them, almost immuned to their stupidity. if you are still annoyed with that, then quit. because that job does not suit you.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wuddie - okay, fair enough. we're probably never going to agree. i'll accept your astounding powers of self restraint if you'll accept that some people don't like their jobs as much as you do yours, hence this thread (hey, i certainly don't plan on being in retail after uni ;p). it was started up just as a bit of fun, anyway, which i think is alright. it's not like the customers we talk about are reading it.

CieL

HSC
wuddie said:
i do deal with customers, in fact, tens of thousands of them every weekend, at aussie stadium/ scg. i am not bragging, but surely i deal with more than you do, on a more rapid and pressured environment. yet, i seem to be ok dealing with it without the need to vent.
So how exactly do you deal with your customers?
How do you deal with TENS of thousands of customers every weekend?

Do you actually face and talk to over a thousand of them?
I mean, for example, if two 9hr shifts is 18hrs a weekend.. do you deal with at least 10 people a minute or something?

That's hardly even glancing at them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)